XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bought the new XF ... Was it the right choice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by aluni2230
There are so few participants on that site that the survey results are almost useless from an analysis perspective. Also, if I recall, the JD Power results for Jaguar are not just for initial quality but also overall satisfaction. In any case, given that the XF is probably Jaguars best selling model by a wide margin, it makes no sense that the brand gets a high rating, bur their top selling model gets a poor one.
The Delta site doesn't post results until there are enough responses to be statistically relevant.

JD Power does separate surveys for intial quality, reliability, sales & service, etc. They look 3 model years back for their reliability survey so the XF won't be included until the 2012 survey. So the Jaguar brand could be doing well in reliability while the XF is not.

Other than 2009, the Jaguar brand has been average with regard to reliability for the past several years per JD Powers findings.

Last edited by duke_dallas; 10-12-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gnomeface
Just came across this survey in the UK:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...e_top_100.html

They've no reason to favour any manufacturer. The XF was 2nd out of the top 100, which must say something about owner satisfaction regardless of how you nit-pick the details.
That's an impressive showing for the XF. Definitely, speaks towards overall satisfaction. I too wonder what the 10 questions were. Based on the JD Power results, Jaguar fares better in categories such as performance, design, style, sales experience and service satisfaction than they do in reliability and initial quality.

Last edited by duke_dallas; 10-12-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is ...

I smile everytime I'm around mine ... and it turns into an SEG whenever I drive it!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Love mine too. My wife says it makes me smile, which is a good sign. Never regretted buying it for one minute.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned the 2010 for 8 months now and have had no problems. It is sleek, quiet, comfortable and high quality. I am impressed with the 24 mph on the highway. Ras 4, how is your experience at this point in ownership?

Old 12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

Mine is now 29 months and 33,000 km (20,000 miles) and trouble free.

The faults are as follows:

I have had the three recalls done and none of the supposed "faults" troubled my car.

I had the goofy check engine light issue due to a software glitch that apparently affected high elevation markets. There was no actual problem with the car. Eventually, Jaguar got approval from the Feds to re-flash the engine software and the problem has not recurred.

I had the sunroof height adjusted.

I have had two tire valves leak due to faulty seals on the TPMS sensor units which is a serious fault.

My XF has not been off the road for repairs, at all.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have had my 2011 SC for a month and like whitbyxf, I smile every time I see mine and turn into a formula one driver when I get in it. By far the best car I have driven.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my 2010 XF LUX (Black) for 6 months now and have 6800mls on it. I have had a few problems, I was driving home one night, stopped at a stop light and all the onboard computers shut down, everything, the AC vents closed, the screen went off the rev counter went to zero but the motor was still running, within seconds they all came back on as if nothing had happened. the car has never done it again.
The second problem was the passenger side windshield demister didn't work, and the rear reversing sensors are playing up, they go nuts even when there is nothing with 50yds of the car.
Just yesterday the drivers window stopped coming up in the auto mode, you now have to keep the lever raised for it to keep going up, and now when you start up the revs up then settles down to around 700rpm my car goes down to below 500rpm and then stalls, it doesn't do it everytime, maybe 3-4 times out of 10.

I took the car in for the first two problems, and the dealership said that they found the earth lead on the battery was lose and that probably caused the shutdown, and they have ordered some new sensors and they have to be painted black to match the car and I will have to re book it in.
So when I take it in to have the sensors done, I'll ask them to check the rest out.

But apart from these issues I LOVE THIS CAR!

Last edited by Montru; 12-12-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

UK owners are reporting weird electric problems ultimately traced to a battery fault.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all and thank you for the replies, it's been around 4 months now since I bought my 2011 XF Luxury Ultimate Black, I'm very happy and proud to have this car, I can confidently say I made the right choice, and here is my review:

PROS:
1. The car is definitely eye catching and unique, many people approach me to say how they like it and ask me about it.

2. Ultimate black colour is magnificent and gives the car the "Royal" look. Although it gets dusty very fast, but once u clean it looks GREAT, especially when it polished, and has the edge against other colours.

3. The car looks at its best from the back (It's funnt to say that) ... I notice many cars get close from the rare just to know what car is it. The front look can be improved, but it still is unique.

4. Inside the car is very luxurious and the round turning gear is my favorite. the leather finishing can't be better.

CONS:
1. When I step on the break and release it slowly, I hear a very noisy sound. I explained this to the dealer and he told me it's normal and nothing to worry about !!!?

2. The steering wheel adjustment is frustrating and limited in front and back direction.

3. The look of the speed changing/RPM & distance screens is boring and can be improved.

In conclusion: I love my car an can't wait to drive it. I just hope that Jaguar's Reliability issues that I always hear about, does not get in the way.