XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

brand new jag xf 2.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry brand new jag xf 2.2

Waited for my xf to arrive for 6 mnths love the car have only had it for 1 week the front doors are creaking and it is driving crazy anyone can shed some light would be appreciated.
has been to the dealers already said all fine until i drove out the door.gggrrrr
will be going back again.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:19 PM

You could try a little grease on the door pillar lock 'hoop' - sorry I can't think of a better name for it right now.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  19.3 KB

Take it back to the dealer and Demand that it be fixed.......It shouldn't be that way on a new car and they need to step up to the plate and resolve this for you asap.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Can't believe the Dealer would send you home

Its hard to believe the dealer would send you home unhappy with the service, which is insulting especially since you waited so long for this car. Living in the USA I maybe spoiled, because my dealer, Imperial Jaguar of Wilmette, Illinois north of Chicago, has a large selection of cars to choose from, I drove in the door and drove away with a new Jaguar within hours, and when I did need service they supplied me with a free loaner. I can tell you I just drove my 2011 XF SC 18 hours straight through from the Chicago area to Orlando, Florida 1,250 miles averaging 62.5 MPH cruising at 75 to 82 MPH and got 22.6 MPG with no squeaks, whistles or creaking. It was better than flying in a jet.

You satisfied the contract and paid your hard earned money for something special. The dealer hasn't and did not discount the car for defects. I'm sure Lexus's don't squeak. Go back to the dealer see the owner and demand they treat you like a Jaguar customer not a Fiat. Since the economic crash of the auto industry, every US manufacturer and dealer bends over back-wards to keep there customers. Too bad it's such a long commute to the U.S., I know they woud take care of you here.

Last edited by edobernig; 04-09-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edobernig
demand they treat you like a Jaguar customer not a Fiat.
Even new FIATS don't make such noises! Having a dealer with a good service department is a blessing anywhere in the world. I just purchased a 09 XF SC with 13K miles on it, and yes, sometimes in bumpy roads I hear the door noises. I will ask my service people to take care of it as you should insist that they do so for your car as well. However, I have many other problems with the car, to the extent that a FIAT 500 has suddenly become a great idea!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 AM

going in this thursday,, tried the grease on the door latch no go ,,seems to be when the weather heats up it creaks more ,,,when cold its not as bad..
in australia melbourne we are not as blessed the dealer i purchased it from not that great ,,i have taken it to another dealer hopefully they will do the trick ,will keep posted

Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Default Funny Thing

Originally Posted by buddanos
Even new FIATS don't make such noises! Having a dealer with a good service department is a blessing anywhere in the world. I just purchased a 09 XF SC with 13K miles on it, and yes, sometimes in bumpy roads I hear the door noises. I will ask my service people to take care of it as you should insist that they do so for your car as well. However, I have many other problems with the car, to the extent that a FIAT 500 has suddenly become a great idea!
Funny thing about the Fiat 500, I was considering one. They cost was $16-$20K. I happen to look at my dealers inventory and saw (2) 2004 XJ VDP's for $20K. They were immaculate 30-35K miles. Traded my 14 y/o Lincoln 116K mile and $15K for one. Dam those Fiats! Now I have two Jag's. Why was I looking?

Old 04-11-2012, 02:57 AM

couldnt beleive my service manager, he told me do you spray your dash and clean it ?do the same thing to the door seals and window seals, cant beleive the attitude on some people .i just said it is brand new and shouldnt be doing these noises so fix it.
will update again the noise is driving me crazy...
hope they actually do something and fix it once and for all...

Old 04-11-2012, 02:59 AM

australian dealerships representing jag especially in melbourne need to lift their game.
i had three audi a6's in 2 years and i was treated so well..
not the same with jag . i love my car but need the back up support as well
help

Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

Don't spray dashboards, it causes glare. Don't let your dealer do it either. The dealer should have sprayed the door seals before delivery if that is the issue. Long time Jaguar dealers aren't used to new Jaguars that are properly built. They have a long list of customer avoidance techniques dating back to when Jaguars were built very poorly and could not be fixed.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:15 PM

I like that theory jagular lol
They need to quickly come up with the times
I think it is more customer service issue than car problems themselves everything should be able to be rectified
It seems in the untited states jag has great dealerships that genuinely help customers bring that to Aussie
Probably is a numbers game as well Australia won't sell the numbers as the states so who really cares about a few jags in Australia that are sold

Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by jagular
Long time Jaguar dealers aren't used to new Jaguars that are properly built. They have a long list of customer avoidance techniques dating back to when Jaguars were built very poorly and could not be fixed.
I'm one of those customers 'dating back to when Jaguars were built very poorly' and boy! did dealers give people hand jobs back then to get rid of them - and they succeeded as they got rid of me for nearly 20 years!

That said, so far things have been ok for me with the couple of little issues I've had. You may have already done this, but ask to speak to the Dealer Principle and lay out your complaint, if no joy there go to Jaguar customer service and run it by them - and if no joy there find the mailing address for Mr Tata and contact him.
I had an issue like yours, went through the various levels of resolution without success, so I looked up the name of the CEO (British Telecom in my case) and e-mailed him directly. My problem was sorted in three working days - however this was after the previous month of going through the process, but I felt it had to be done to show I'd tried.

Good luck.

Last edited by WeegieBob; 04-12-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 AM

thanks weegie i will take up your advise for sure.
i picked up my jag this afternoon just as i thought they didnt rectify a thing as i drove my car out the door it did the same noise..ggrrr
i came home upset i used a whole can of silicone spray around all the door and window seals seems to have done a not bad job of masking it will see with the coming days.
get this everyone the service guy said to me i should expect the plastics and materials to make noises with the weather changing...lol
i said funny thing is in the audis it wasnt a problem didnt know how to respond.
i am really getting over it and it just coming up to 2 weeks...

Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

Being British the Jaguar has fairly hard door, window and sunroof seals. It rains enough that these surfaces do not get dusty in the UK. If you drive where it is dusty and dry then you will find that grit accumulates on these seals and can make all manner of noises. The sunroof seal is particularly bad for this as there is no felt isolator, just rubber on paint. I use 303 aerospace lube to clean and lube both the seal and the frame. If you clean only the seal the creaking will still happen. The problem is tiny bits of grit sticking to the seal or the frame of the door or sunroof. So far the window seals have not caused this issue on my car, only the sunroof opening.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:17 PM

Understand jagular but my problem was from the day I took delivery of it .I live in the city and my car stays garaged all the time that's why I'm frustrated .
You get excited to go for a drive and you start hearing the creaks puts a downer on your day

Old 04-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Just a quick question has anyone tried Krytox grease for the seals around the doors and windows and if it is any good.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Default Enough of this!

It's sicking that you are not taken care of. Greasing window seals is stupid. How could a professional service manager say that with a straight face.That's not Platinum service. Call the corporate complaint desk. I did over not fixing my satellite radio on my 2010 XF and my crappy Enterprise Rental, the car was fixed and they set me $500. voucher. I'm sure you can test drive another car at the dealer and it won't creak. You paid for a car thats new and perfect. Not one that creaks. I they can't fix it, then replace this under the Lemon law. Maybe they have this consumer protection down under. After three fails at a repair you can petition that the car is replaced or you get your money back.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 AM

unfortunately ed in australia there is no lemon laws would you believe.
you can take it back 100 times and it wont matter at all.
they can take as long as they want under warranty as long as they are trying....
i have also written an email to jag and called with no respone....we are really treated like crap here

Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Default Try this.

Jaguar UK - AFTERSALES
This is the link to the Jaguar in UK. Try this angle. Its closer to the source. Its also hard to believe that you can't get a response from someone corporate in Australia. (Just watched a documentary on Australia. Interesting history.) Another angle is calling a local consumer affairs reporter from a local television news station with your issue. It could make good TV. You don't have to accept this. Something wasn't torqued to spec in assembly somewhere or it was dropped traveling around the world to you and its their problem to solve.

I spent 31 years in fire fighting and retired as a chief. In that time I never allowed my customers or employees to be treated this way and never accepted that there is no solution. That was life and death, this is just a car. This should be less stressful. Hang in there.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:12 AM

Thanks I'm trying everything possible the car is great love the drive just those noises they seem to be dissipating a little after 3 cans of silicone spray hopefully with time it will ease .I will definitely take the angle Of emailing the uk .I have sent customer service another email stating to respond to my emails next step is to the uk
Thanks everyone's advise has been great I will keep plotting along until it's solved

Quick Reply: brand new jag xf 2.2