XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Brief Mina Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brief Mina Exhaust Review

I'm relatively new to the forum...Purchased a '12 XFR a couple of months ago. Actually ordered the Mina exhaust before the car was even delivered to me - on the advice of the members from this forum....And I'm glad I did!

I asked my Jaguar dealership if they would install the Mina exhaust. They had not problem with it and said that it would not effect the warranty (which others on the forum have also confirmed). It's been on the XFR for two weeks now and I've got to say - it's impressive.

I'm sensitive to sound differences and this exhaust definitely has a deeper, more throaty tone - like going to a baritone from a tenor. Some have said that they don't hear a noticeable difference, but I certainly do....It's almost too loud - in some instances...Like when I'm pulling away in the parking lot from my toddler son's football game....It will turn a few heads. In just the short time that I've had the Mina exhaust, a few car enthusiasts have commented in parking lots about the "bad-***" sound (and car in general).

I do agree with others, there may be more ostentatious exhaust systems out there - with more sound differential...But one might risk the loss of the Jaguar luxury feel and start sliding into bling-bling territory (which is great - if that is what is desired).

I've also had the 3M Scotch guard paint protection film installed along with GLARE synthetic coating as well as a few other accessories. I will place reviews of those in the near future with the hope that it may be helpful, as I've learned a lot from others on this forum.

If/once I learn how to upload files to this forum (and have permission), I will gladly put pictures as well as sounds files up. If there are directions somewhere, someone - please let me know.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the write up...I was on the fence with a Mina because I wasn't sure how different it was then the stock. I definitely don't want obnoxious or fast and furious, so a subtle sound is exactly what I am going for with a performance boost.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

No performance boost and all the added sound is at the low end, where I didn't want it. I took it off after a few days because I found it embarrassingly loud. Each to his own though, at the price they are, they are worth a try and they are easy to sell on with little lost. It is difficult to gauge if you will like it before you try it, in my opinion. I was hoping for slightly louder at the lower end, and a big increase as the revs rise - basically a plus version of the stock system.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So did you just replace the stock mufflers with the Mina and keep the resonators or did you remove the resonators too?

Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added the Mina to my '12 5.0 NA this past Friday and have been enjoying the new exhaust notes since then.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mina

I went to the Mina webite and for the XF the only had exhaust for 2009 or earlier models. I have a 2010 XF with the 5.0 liter engine, will Mina exhaust work for it? If not are there alternatives? Thanks.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Call them and they will sell you the right one

Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Default Mina Website for '10 XF Exhaust

branjk,

Here you go...Appropriate for XF and XF SC models:

Jaguar XF Performance Exhaust

Good luck.