XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bulge in Dash: CPO Coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Bulge in Dash: CPO Coverage?

My 2010 XFR is still covered until the CPO warranty. I have read other users have had issues with the leather dash coming up near the windshield, mine is starting to have this issue.

When I inquired about this at the dealer, they said that this would not be covered under the CPO warranty as it is considered a trim item. I was under the impression that the CPO warranty was more or less bumper to bumper, and am surprised to hear they won't cover this. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Cheers,

- Will

Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Most manufacture CPO warranties cover less than the original 4/50K Warranty.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I brought a bulge in my dash to my dealer's attention on Friday and they're ordering in a new one under warranty. Not sure if this is standard practice, but my dealer has been nothing but good to me.. No questions about anything so far...

Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Push the issue and they will undoubtedly cover it. If they don't, tell them you want to contact the main office. I promise, they'll cover it

Old 09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by matts89xj
Push the issue and they will undoubtedly cover it. If they don't, tell them you want to contact the main office. I promise, they'll cover it
You are totally wrong about your approach. The dealer has no control over the fact that the CPO clearly states trim items are not covered. Your best bet is to simply call customer relations @ 1800-4JAGUAR.You make it sound like calling Jaguar is a threat. The dealers are not allowed to goodwill anything for a customer that is not covered by the CPO. However it can be done thru customer relations.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Thanks fellahs...

Talked to CPO service. They verified that it was not covered, but told me they would like to help me out anyhow. They asked that I take it to a dealer within the week, and provided me with a case number.

Cheers,

- Will

Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts

My dash had an issue with the leather around the speaker pulling away exposing the backer foam. Jaguar said it was normal wear and tear and not covered by the warranty. I called Jaguar customer service corporate and raised total hell and after threatening my attorney involvement as there is no Wear and Tear on the dash as it's not a wear area, they finally replaced my whole dash top!! Good thing! The top was about 1200.00 and labor was another 1000.00
I didn't realize until the next day after picking up my car from the service dept it was the wrong texture, but since it matched the steering wheel pad, I let it ride!!
Make sure they order the correct trim finish. I have a premium and they ordered a base.

Last edited by philhef; 09-19-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
You are totally wrong about your approach. The dealer has no control over the fact that the CPO clearly states trim items are not covered. Your best bet is to simply call customer relations @ 1800-4JAGUAR.You make it sound like calling Jaguar is a threat. The dealers are not allowed to goodwill anything for a customer that is not covered by the CPO. However it can be done thru customer relations.
The trim items are subject to wear and tear hence not covered. The dash is not technically a wear area. It actually falls into a faulty component.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
The trim items are subject to wear and tear hence not covered. The dash is not technically a wear area. It actually falls into a faulty component.
If you read the way the CPO (Select Edition) is written there is a list of covered items & it is not on the list. I don't know where you are getting your information from. We just go to JBN & verify if a part is on the list whenever we have a question.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:00 PM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by matts89xj
Jag North Houston would tell you to pound sand regardless of what you said. And if you do call HQ, all HQ does is call the service tech and HE certainly won't change his mind. U B Scrod.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:38 PM

So I took it to the local dealer. I moved up from the Jacksonville area a few months ago, and they have a super friendly service desk down there. At my final visit I brought orchids for the women at the counter in gratitude of their customer care. Prices were of course typical dealer craziness, but at least they were nice! Took my car in for some warranty issues, and they also handled my repairs after a vandalism ($12K worth of repairs)... always a pleasant experience and made unfortunate situations easier to bear.

Anyhow... now working with the Land Rover/Jaguar dealer at Tyson's Corner here in DC. This was my first experience with them. For the love of God, I hope that I have no warranty work that I need through them... The woman at the service desk is TERRIBLY rude, both on the phone and in person. When I talked to her on the phone, I assumed she was either busy or having a bad day as she was very quick to get me off the line. Not a good reason to be rude to a client, but I cut her some slack.

In person yesterday she was worse. She made it obvious she felt I was an inconvenience and couldn't care less about my issue, and all she did was take a few quick photos of my dash with her cell phone camera. Not sure why I couldn't take those photos myself and spare the trip to the dealer... She asked me 3 times in a row whether I had an e-mail for the person at corporate who was dealing with my case. After I told her no the third time (and had already given his name and phone number to her twice... from what I could see neither wrote the info down or typed it into my file, although I certainly admit it's possible she did and I didn't see or didn't notice), she asked "Well how am I supposed to get pictures to him?" I told her perhaps she should call him and have him provide an e-mail. She shot me a black look, and said "Fine. We have your info if they will replace it we'll give you a call." I told her "I don't recall providing my info when we talked." Then she says "Well who did you talk to?" "I talked to you." She then said "No, you did not talk to me." I said "Yes, I spoke with you on the phone." She said "No, we never spoke about your case, you must have been transferred to Eugin. I'm sure he took your info," and then spun around and walked inside.

Now standing there alone and a bit stunned, my next thought was well I spoke with a woman named Hannah on the phone (which I made a point of writing down as it was the only information I could get before she disconnected), her name is Hannah and she has the same personality traits, and it would be an uncanny coincidence if two women worked the service desk sharing the same name and both treated customers like trash.

Plan on calling corporate tomorrow and letting them know I took the vehicle in, but I don't have a lot of confidence in my information making it to them from the dealer... If they replace the dash, I am willing to drive quite a long distance to get to another dealer...

Cheers,

- Will

Last edited by macboots; 09-29-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:21 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by macboots
So I took it to the local dealer. I moved up from the Jacksonville area a few months ago, and they have a super friendly service desk down there. At my final visit I brought orchids for the women at the counter in gratitude of their customer care. Prices were of course typical dealer craziness, but at least they were nice! Took my car in for some warranty issues, and they also handled my repairs after a vandalism ($12K worth of repairs)... always a pleasant experience and made unfortunate situations easier to bear.

Anyhow... now working with the Land Rover/Jaguar dealer at Tyson's Corner here in DC. This was my first experience with them. For the love of God, I hope that I have no warranty work that I need through them... The woman at the service desk is TERRIBLY rude, both on the phone and in person. When I talked to her on the phone, I assumed she was either busy or having a bad day as she was very quick to get me off the line. Not a good reason to be rude to a client, but I cut her some slack.

In person yesterday she was worse. She made it obvious she felt I was an inconvenience and couldn't care less about my issue, and all she did was take a few quick photos of my dash with her cell phone camera. Not sure why I couldn't take those photos myself and spare the trip to the dealer... She asked me 3 times in a row whether I had an e-mail for the person at corporate who was dealing with my case. After I told her no the third time (and had already given his name and phone number to her twice... from what I could see neither wrote the info down or typed it into my file, although I certainly admit it's possible she did and I didn't see or didn't notice), she asked "Well how am I supposed to get pictures to him?" I told her perhaps she should call him and have him provide an e-mail. She shot me a black look, and said "Fine. We have your info if they will replace it we'll give you a call." I told her "I don't recall providing my info when we talked." Then she says "Well who did you talk to?" "I talked to you." She then said "No, you did not talk to me." I said "Yes, I spoke with you on the phone." She said "No, we never spoke about your case, you must have been transferred to Eugin. I'm sure he took your info," and then spun around and walked inside.

Now standing there alone and a bit stunned, my next thought was well I spoke with a woman named Hannah on the phone (which I made a point of writing down as it was the only information I could get before she disconnected), her name is Hannah and she has the same personality traits, and it would be an uncanny coincidence if two women worked the service desk sharing the same name and both treated customers like trash.

Plan on calling corporate tomorrow and letting them know I took the vehicle in, but I don't have a lot of confidence in my information making it to them from the dealer... If they replace the dash, I am willing to drive quite a long distance to get to another dealer...

Cheers,

- Will
Based on your experience already with this dealership, so early in the game-I'd run away as fast as I could. If they allow this very rude and unprofessional employee to continue to work there and treat customers in such manner, there is no way that they are going to give you and your car the attention and care that you are used to and deserve. Find another dealership.