XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

A/c low side Port

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:09 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts
Default A/c low side Port

I was looking around..(not very hard mind you) for the A/C low side charging port..I'm an A/c expert and I'm embarrassed to say I am unable to find it..The High side port is on the driver's side near fender right out in the open..But I can't seem to locate the low side port...Wanted to trim the charge....As it was made known to me that, Jaguar as a general Practice puts in a little less than needed for the charge to save money (them cheap asses)..It's obviously low, as it takes quite a few minutes for the A/c to start getting nice and cool from start up, but eventually gets there..classic low charge indications.

Any idea or directions?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,208 Likes on 2,365 Posts

I know SFA about A/C, but when I search the Workshop Manual PDF under the term "charging point" I get three hits.
The first two hits are simply the text "charging points" and they definitely refer to the A/C charging points (but are no further help), and the last hit is page 1778 of the PDF, a schematic which might just show the charging points - attached:

Old 10-04-2015, 05:01 PM
DPK
Veteran Member

Thanks for the help..but looks different from my set-up..

Old 10-04-2015, 05:35 PM
DPK
Veteran Member

Found it!!

It's located just at the bottom edge of the left side front wheel liner, kind of behind the tire next to the frame rail..it hangs down enough so that when you turn the wheels to the right, you can access it easy enough...stupid place IMO to put it.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

I'll bet it's the same as the S Type, behind the left side front wheel.

Edit: too late but at least I was right.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:01 PM
DPK
Veteran Member

Outcome

I added a couple oz's of R134a refrigerant and the A/C is now blowing nice and cold right off the bat..what difference a few ounces makes..

Let me also say to the novice..Please purge the air from your refrigerant hoses right back to your can of refrigerant before you open the refrigerant can valve to charge, crack the hose fitting loose at the can valve and let it purge a few seconds then tighten back up and open the valve to charge..you DO NOT want to introduce AIR trapped in the hose into the system..This will lead to eventual premature failure ....Don't empty the can, just a few ounces is all you'll probably need, when the can starts getting really cold, you've added enough........And I might also add, the engine must be running and A/C on full blast, on outside air.

Last edited by DPK; 10-04-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:14 PM
DPK
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Norri
I'll bet it's the same as the S Type, behind the left side front wheel.

Edit: too late but at least I was right.
Of course, you're always right..even 20 minutes too late

Old 10-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

I was just trying to help, won't happen again.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low side port thread size?

[QUOTE=DPK;1321554]I was looking around..(not very hard mind you) for the A/C low side charging port..I'm an A/c expert and I'm embarrassed to say I am unable to find it..The High side port is on the driver's side near fender right out in the open..But I can't seem to locate the low side port...Wanted to trim the charge....As it was made known to me that, Jaguar as a general Practice puts in a little less than needed for the charge to save money (them cheap asses)..It's obviously low, as it takes quite a few minutes for the A/c to start getting nice and cool from start up, but eventually gets there..classic low charge indications.

Hi I wondered if you could help me? I have located the lower port but the inside of the plastic cap has snapped inside the port and can’t get it out. It needs regarding. Any ideas?
a new XF owner
Cheers

Old 05-13-2024, 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=Moomin;2749893]
Originally Posted by DPK
I was looking around..(not very hard mind you) for the A/C low side charging port..I'm an A/c expert and I'm embarrassed to say I am unable to find it..The High side port is on the driver's side near fender right out in the open..But I can't seem to locate the low side port...Wanted to trim the charge....As it was made known to me that, Jaguar as a general Practice puts in a little less than needed for the charge to save money (them cheap asses)..It's obviously low, as it takes quite a few minutes for the A/c to start getting nice and cool from start up, but eventually gets there..classic low charge indications.

Hi I wondered if you could help me? I have located the lower port but the inside of the plastic cap has snapped inside the port and can’t get it out. It needs regassing . Any ideas?
a new XF owner
Cheers

Old 05-14-2024, 02:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Moomin;2749893]
Originally Posted by DPK

Hi I wondered if you could help me? I have located the lower port but the inside of the plastic cap has snapped inside the port and can’t get it out. It needs regarding. Any ideas?
a new XF owner
Cheers
Use a pick tool to dig it out.

And/or heat the fitting with a lighter until the plastic melts so you can get a grip on it with a pick. Or burn to ash and blow away.

Don't breathe the fumes.

Old 05-15-2024, 02:51 PM

Thanks I will try this