XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Caller Announce is killing me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Caller Announce is killing me.

I get calls from home, strange but true. Sometimes it simply rings. Other times I get, "YOU HAVE A CALL". By the second syllable, I'm reeling with pain from the volume. My call volume is set about 80%. I need it there to comfortably hear my callers voice. But when the call comes in, the ring is loud. If the caller announcement comes with it (which is random), then I'm blown out of the drivers seat. I'm disabling caller announce for now.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone else have a Samsung Droid Charge from Verizon?

Tonight I paired my wife's Iphone 4S to see if it was any better. The incoming ring volume is the same, though I can choose the device ring tone which is more pleasant. However, I still cannot get it to announce the call, so I don't know if the iphone is any better in this regard.

I can say that the car is like honey badger with regards to the phone's ring volume setting for either device, it just don't care.

All that said, I'm 'bout ready for a new phone. Feeling like a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD would generally suit me, but don't know how it will behave with the big cat. Anybody got that phone can give some feedback?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

It just scares the crap outta me everytime it rings and I'm not expecting it.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 PM

So what kinda phone do you have? do you ever get the "Caller Announce"?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried to call the phone that's paired to the car from another phone and while it's ringing (caller announce in progress) adjust the volume down using the stereo or steering wheel volume controls? I recall having to adjust that ringer setting in prior car that way and believe I used same process for XF.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 AM

I'm pretty sure there is only one volume control, which servers the ringer (and call announce) and in-call voice.

I am presently evaluateing a Razr Maxx HD, and it does let me talk comfortably usually with the volume setting at a lower level. I'm going to leave the caller announce feature off, since it's inconsistent and just painful when it works.