XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Center Console Trim Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Center Console Trim Removal

How does the center console trim come off... is it clips or is there a hidden fastener? It's the sides as well as the wood (plastic) piece that runs across the dash. After seeing the quality of the service departments work I would rather do it myself… after taking photos of course…

After receiving my '09 S/C back from my dealer from its 30K service I'm a bit perturbed to say the least at the quality of work. I had a recall for the pop up shifter back at the end of Sept. (again 2nd one) and finally got around to taking it in after getting the car out from winter quarters nap.

Long story short, the car needed a bit of work which I was fine with... the front end right side was out of line and needed front tires, and alignment and the recall work… plus another TSB bulletin my dealer told me on the rear light assembly. I brought my car up to the shop on April 18th and just got a call last night around 4:30... 1 1/2 hours before the dealership closes.

When I dropped my car off, I showed, explained that I have some aftermarket installations (remote laser detector) and an obscure but portable radar detector (Valentine 1 with a remote display) and said if there were any questions to call. I didn't get my first call until the 25th only to hear they were ordering a module (ICM) for the infotainment system. Said they would try to get the part in the next day or Thursday at best. Needless to say, there were no phone calls until my wife called yesterday afternoon and left a message that we would at least like an update, since this was the 10th day they had the car.

When I got in the car to drive home last night the switch for the laser detector, which I had simply mounted between the trim next to the steering wheel was sticking out... first red flag. Turn on my laser detector... nothing. Now I see they also ran my other wires that I had the concealed display for my V1 inside the console (it’s portable and I showed service writer this)… I had the wires coming from the 12v power outlet in the console out the hatch and down the side of the console under the outside of the trim behind the radio/nav area run inside the lip of the trim on the console... this is a portable device and was never meant to be an inside mount, where I cannot ever take it out...

Then driving home the final straw... my piece of wood trim that runs across the dash just above the glovebox and information system pops out and almost off... Keeping in mind I paid an $1800 bill for service, tires and an alignment… I know how to do installations but have never ventured into the interior of a Jag… never thought I would have to take my stuff apart to return it to portable…