XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Central Locking Driver's Door Not Locking

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 03:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Central Locking Driver's Door Not Locking

Hi all
I really know this is a common and well publicised issue......
However, I have been unable to determine exactly the cause of my issue.
It started with intermittent non-locking of the driver's door (and the usual 2 beeps etc).
It progressed to non-locking and non-folding of mirrors on the first press of the fob or first keyless press of the button. I found though, that by second pressing of either the mirrors would fold, the two beeps sound but the driver's door did not lock!
After reading multiple posts on several forums I just bought a new actuator unit and had it fitted by my local garage (whilst the car was in for other work).
Right now there is a difference in that although the Driver's door still doesn't lock, the mirrors do fold in first time (and I still get the two beeps).
After more trialling I have noticed that if I sit in the car (engine off or on makes no difference) and press the internal lock button, all the doors lock except the driver's door and I notice the 'lock handle' tries to move in but bounces back out and the door remains unlocked.
I can press the 'unlock' button and all doors unlock as they should.
If I press the 'lock' button whilst applying a little pressure to the 'lock handle' it then also locks the driver's door in the correct manner.
I am confused by the "improvement" in the failure to lock the driver's door since changing the actuator assembly and the fact that the door still does not lock!
Is it possible that it is a cable problem?
Any help would be gratefully received.
Many thanks from a newbie to the forum
Al (2013 XF 3.0 S)