XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Charging System Pinpoint Testing on XF

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 08:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Charging System Pinpoint Testing on XF

Hi,

I have an XF 2.7 Diesel, 2009 model which has stopped charging. I suspect the alternator, however, as I realise it could be other things I was hoping to find the information for pinpoint testing of the system. The SDD system which I have is no help as when you click the link to the "Recommended candidates" you just get a "Page not found" error. I have experienced this problem before and understand it to be that I probably need a TOPIx subscription, and a suitable power supply to make it work properly. I have therefore ordered a power supply which I hope will do the job and will subscribe for the information if I have to, however, whilst waiting for the power supply to arrive I thought it might be worth asking here if anyone has the pinpoint testing information referred to in SDD. I have the workshop manual and the wiring diagrams and would have assumed that the DTC would have been more helpful. Unfortunately as the SDD isn't working (I did manage to get it to work once but unfortunately forgot to record the full DTC and the recommendations didn't open) so I am now unable to access the Jaguar DTC, I only have the generic code read using another code reader, but it (PO65A) only identifies a "Generator Fault", but without further testing it is not possible to be certain that a new alternator is required. I know its quite a job to change the alternator so I don't want to do it unnecessarily, especially as I will be doing it outside in the cold weather! Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks,

Colin