XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Complete listing of changes for MY12 with pic FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Need4Spd
No doubt you get yours in Kyanite Blue and I'll wish I waited! I think it's hard to go wrong with either model year, for different reasons. I just hope they continue that color. I'm biased but do think it's one of the better looking shades of blue in the industry, and it being a metallic, shows off the lines/curves of the car nicely. That metallic red is also gorgeous.
From reading the option list, Its no telling when the Kyanite Blue will be ready for the 2012 model year. This is just as well because I would have a hard sell with my better half, why I wanted the blue when I begged for the red... LOL... I think, people will adapt to the new look as its still a very nice ride. Mines is almost 2 years old and it still turns heads... Grin..

Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Need4Spd:
Love the color of your XFR (I am biased since my STR is Midnight Blue) but I have to say that I am a big fan of the redesigned headlamps. Hated the original raised catbrow, even if it didn't look as bad on the XFR. Again, just my opinion and aesthetics.

In my eye it looked out of place and forced. I agree that the new ones do not stand out much and can be confused with other car brands' lights, but they contribute to the 2012 more agressive, tighter, coherent look. On their own not as strong, as a whole brilliantly done.

BTW count me as one that is looking for pricing and delivery schedules for the 2012 XFR. Time to bid adieu to my beloved STR.

Just my 2 Eurocents.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Redjaguar100
From reading the option list, Its no telling when the Kyanite Blue will be ready for the 2012 model year. ..
When I read your post I went back to the list and saw how the earthquake/tsunami resulted in supplier issues for Kyanite Blue, among other colors. So it's not available for some indeterminate time. Then I read how they are bringing out 2 new colors, Italian Racing Red and British Racing Green (metallic). Those should look pretty good, but it's funny given how this is a British car (albeit now owed by Tata), they are bringing out Italian red first!

As for the front lights design question, it's totally a matter of subjective opinion whether the '12 or pre-'12 design is "better" looking (I'll bet Ian Callum winces if he reads here how some prefer the '11 and earlier design - I know he is really (and justifiably) proud of the '12 re-design), and one's impression of the design could be swayed by color choice, too. So, hopefully later this year someone gets a '12 in Kyanite Blue (when that color becomes available again) and posts some pics so we can see an '11 and '12 KB side by side! (And it would be cool to see the new XFR in BRG, too.)

Old 06-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone has experience with the Jaguar Platinum maintenance program yet? I'm switching over from a BMW and maintenance cost is a big concern for me. However, it appears Jaguar is mimicking what BMW has been offering which could really help me make the decision on the 2012 XF or a 535.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tim05w
Has anyone has experience with the Jaguar Platinum maintenance program yet? I'm switching over from a BMW and maintenance cost is a big concern for me. However, it appears Jaguar is mimicking what BMW has been offering which could really help me make the decision on the 2012 XF or a 535.
I don't have experience in that I've not had to make any warranty claims. But if you look at what's covered under both, you will see they are quite comparable. In fact, I think Jaguar's is longer (5/50k vs. 4/50k). Both cover things that break (warranty) and maintenance, things that wear out (maintenance plan). That and the reports of the relatively high build quality of XFs and JD Power Survey results persuaded me that it was OK to switch from BMW (prior car an M5). The driving dynamics (comparable performance, but the Jag is way more comfortable, luxurious) then sold me (I didn't want to wait for the next gen. M5, due in a year or so, I think).

http://www.jaguarplatinum.com/promo/platinum-coverage/

Jaguar Platinum Coverage
Scheduled Maintenance:$0Oil Changes:$0Filters:$0Brake Pads:$0Brake Discs:$0Brake Fluid:$0Wiper Blade Inserts:$0TOTAL COVERAGE COST:$0
Jaguar Platinum Coverage* offers best-in-class coverage for all new 2011 Jaguar cars. For 5 years or 50,000 miles, you will enjoy the exhilarating luxury of our 2011 cars, with complimentary scheduled maintenance, no-cost replacement of wear and tear items, 5 years or 50,000 miles new vehicle limited warranty, and 24/7 roadside assistance.
Please see the 2011 Model Year Passport to Service or Jaguar Platinum Coverage brochure for more details.
* Jaguar Platinum Coverage includes all factory recommended scheduled maintenance for 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Wear and tear items are limited to brake pads, brake discs, brake fluid changes and wiper blade inserts based on factory specified wear limits or intervals. All work must be performed by an authorized Jaguar dealer. For complete details on Jaguar Platinum Coverage, including warranty and maintenance coverage and exclusions, please visit your local Jaguar dealer.

Last edited by Need4Spd; 06-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:05 PM

I kind prefer the earlier addition XFR, but maybe I'm biased!

Like some of the guys say, I like the character of the previous headlights. Also the rear lights look less 'audi-ish' than the 2012, though I have to say, I love the rear diffusers!

The hood vents also seem a little more agressive in the earlier model, rather than being placed a little too high up in the 2012 imho. Plus the side vents seem kinda bulky...

But that's just me...

Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any news on the pricing yet?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Saahov
Any news on the pricing yet?
Nada, nope, nothing

Old 06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The new 2012s have me rethinking my car purchase cycle. I was going to buy a 2010 XFR in 2014, but I may have to wait until 2015/16 and buy a 2012 model.

Styling critiques aside, I am most enthused about the new BRG. Not only is it BRG, which is my favorite Jag color, but they somehow made it metallic (prior years it was a flat color). Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Then there is the introduction of the updated 1200 watt sound system from the new XJ. 1200! I was lucky enough to play around with the new stereo, and it does not fail to impress.

All this has me thinking of trading in both my cars, plus a sizable down payment, for a brand new one. It'll be tough to resist once I see one in the flesh.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
When will they release these cars in the US?
This was sent to me by southeastern dealer: "Taking orders for 2012 XFs beginning June 17th. New models expected early fall."

Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 PM

I had one look at the new 2012 XFR and now I'm hooked.
Love the changes they've made to the front spoiler and headlights, especially the LED DRLs.
Rear lights are OK, but I like that Jaguar is using triple fins/vanes on the rear diffusor.

I came across a UK article that mentioned release for this car in September.

Does anyone know if this is true for the US market as well and what the MSRP is?

Really looking forward to this car.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by VetteOwner
This was sent to me by southeastern dealer: "Taking orders for 2012 XFs beginning June 17th. New models expected early fall."
They maybe taking orders but you still may have a good wait.. I ordered mind in mid 2009 for the 2010 supercharged and I had a good couple of months of waiting... Oh well, it was worth it.. The wait just gave me the extra time to save for those little nic-nac's I wanted..

Old 06-18-2011, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Redjaguar100
They maybe taking orders but you still may have a good wait.. I ordered mind in mid 2009 for the 2010 supercharged and I had a good couple of months of waiting... Oh well, it was worth it.. The wait just gave me the extra time to save for those little nic-nac's I wanted..
Speaking of knick-knacks, go for the lighted sills. A pretty penny for just an appearance item, but everyone whose ridden in the car loves them.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Does Jag have a Euro Delivery program?

Old 06-18-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Need4Spd
Speaking of knick-knacks, go for the lighted sills. A pretty penny for just an appearance item, but everyone whose ridden in the car loves them.
Funny you should mention the door sills. I didn't really care for them but the miss wanted them because she like them on my 06 M45 infiniti. She got them for me as a gift, Now I wish they had a set for the rear doors. They do add a certain feeling as you enter and exit your Jag. I also hope that with the 2012's, They added the halo blue interior lights to the rear doors. It seems unfair that only the front doors got them.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 AM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Saahov
the server does not allow me to view the PDF. Is there another way to check out the changes to 2012 XF?
Thanks!
Me neither. Can't go there!

Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The full order guide (not the product intro brief) is now available from your dealer. Also, pricing is up on kbb.com and edmunds.com.

Base: $53,000
Portfolio: $59,000
Supercharged: $68,100
R: $82,000

You can now get the R seats in the Portfolio and Supercharged. In the Portfolio it is part of a $3000 Sport Package that includes side sills, spoiler, the rear valance from the S/C, a more aggressive front fascia, 19" Aquila wheels, piano black wood, and a black grill. Seems like a good value. In the S/C, the R seats are $1500 and also includes bright-finished pedals.

The B&W sound system has been boosted to 1200 watts and 17 speakers and is standard on the R ($2300 on others). The other stereos have also been upgraded a bit (400w/10 speakers on base and Portfolio and 600W/11 speakers on the S/C).

Colors are in flux because of the Japan disasters, with some temporary colors being offered until they can get the others back in stock. Kyanite Blue and Italian Racing Red remain R-only. A new British Racing Green (now a metallic version) comes later in the year, but they haven't released model availability yet. It might be subject to a new $1500 racing paint charge (as is the case with the new red). Botanical Green and Spectrum Blue are discontinued.

Interior colors and veneer availability have changed somewhat and the non-R seats have been redesigned.

You can see the new interiors on the Jaguar UK build site.

The following users liked this post:
StealthPilot (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Any news if the new XKR has the new ZF 8-speed transmission? Also does Jaguar have HUD yet?

I placed an order for a 2012 BMW 550i but MSRP with options is around $82k, so that's same as the XFR which has everything standard.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Any news if the new XKR has the new ZF 8-speed transmission? Also does Jaguar have HUD yet?

I placed an order for a 2012 BMW 550i but MSRP with options is around $82k, so that's same as the XFR which has everything standard.
Close to same price but isn't the XFR a better performer with 510 bhp vs. ~400 for the 550i? I'd view the XFR closer to an M5, but at a better price. The 2012 M5 has more bhp, but although pricing for US isn't out yet, list is about 107k Euros over there. Assuming BMW eats the currency conversion cost, $107k in US dollars is a lot more than an XFR.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do kind of like the new front end and agree that's its more aggressive than 1st gen. look forward to seeing one in person once they start showing up at my local dealership.

Quick Reply: Complete listing of changes for MY12 with pic FAQ