XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Dead X351 forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014 | 05:02 PM
|
Default Dead X351 forum

The XJ forum makes me wish I still had a XF. It is super dead over there...

Old 04-27-2014 | 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by tc1728
Was just thinking that yesterday.

Old 04-28-2014 | 03:06 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by tc1728
Originally Posted by Delta-V
Was just thinking that yesterday.
There's only one way any tech forum gets busy.

I appreciate the majority of members are Readers more than Posters but if no one posts anything then there is nothing to read.

Be proactive and start some X351 threads off!

Graham

Old 04-28-2014 | 07:14 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe they're in their cars all the time?

Old 04-28-2014 | 07:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GGG
There's only one way any tech forum gets busy.

I appreciate the majority of members are Readers more than Posters but if no one posts anything then there is nothing to read.

Be proactive and start some X351 threads off!

Graham
+1 on the above......

Its the death knell of a forum when too many just read / lurk and don't participate.

Sometimes as stated you may need to start a few threads for discussion, whats good about yours, what issues have you faced or are facing, detailed recently, etc etc etc

Old 05-01-2014 | 01:32 AM
|

Just posted some pics that should liven things up a bit. TC

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ed-xjl-116939/

Old 05-01-2014 | 03:46 AM
Veteran Member

I do look in, but as I've an X350, I haven't much to say. May be the cars are now boringly reliable !!

Old 05-01-2014 | 09:53 AM
Default Not a lot of XF guys driving XJ's

I had a Black 10' XF PremLux 5.0 and Lunar Gray 11' XF 5.0SC. Those are great looking cars with performance to match. XF guys are also built that way. They are striving for even better appearance, personalization, coupled with performance. I was fortunate to have two great cars.

Luck would have it, I was having my winter tires changed off last spring and on a whim took out a stunning Polar White 12' XJ LWB Portfolio 5.0 Executive, never titled with 415 miles. The interior was absolutely gorgeous, the next thing up had to be a Flying B or a Roller. My dealer told me it was in an executive garage for a year and I could get an outstanding price. I could never afford a list $90K car.

Well a week later I cracked. I wasn't using all 470 HP in my XF SC, the Aluminum Body XJL 385 HP 5.0 is just a tick off that mark and price was an astounding $46/month more. Not only was the car stunning inside and out, it had everything except adaptive cruise. A 1200 watt B&W sound system to fancy mats and seat trays?! This was the last 5.0 V8, performance is outstanding, I don't know what else you could do improve this,so call me implusive.

I found that I'm still an XF guy and I appreciate driving a stunningly beautiful fantastic car that is beyond what I ever thought I would have. I don't know what to add to this car. Maybe Mina Stainless Mufflers and a trunk spoiler or some 20" Kasuga wheels, if I could find some take offs. Almost everyday people will come up and compliment the car," What kind of car is this? I have never seen such a beautiful car." Maybe I shouldn't mess with it?

While XF guy's seem to enjoy the performance and appearance they seem driven to improve the performance and appearance to personalize it. For most XJ guys a major crisis seems to be using the voice Nav system and pairing the latest iPhone to the Bluetooth. Most don't seem to be that into the total experience. Well I am, I'm an XF guy driving an XJL. I'm so lucky to be able to do this. Maybe I'll go to ceramaic brake pads and write another "How To," but I don't think a lot of XJ guy's detail their car or fret about brake dust. I do.

The only thing that might motivate me to a new car is if I could get a deal on one of these. NOW if he finds me a XJR that was sitting around?

I'm going to prompt a "Where's all the XJ's" photo thread. I know there are XJ fanatics out there!

Attached Thumbnails Dead X351 forum-edobernig-107535-albums-1995-xjs-5989-picture-xjr-lwb-24969.jpg  

Last edited by edobernig; 05-01-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2014 | 04:47 PM
Veteran Member

Although I own an X350, I have test driven an X351, in this case a 3 litre diesel. The diesel is almost the only car available in the UK right now, due to our draconian company car tax laws. That's why thousands of people are now dying every year here in the UK due to diesel engine emissions !!

Anyway, apart from the filthy diesel engine, this car is rather magnificent, but I did feel a bit like I was an army tank driver, because the scuttle is so much higher than the X350. There seems to be a lot less glass than my car, and I felt like I was looking over a wall when driving, and sitting down very low in the car. Raising the seat then put my head in contact with the roof, and I am 5' 6". So more work needed in this design area. Other thing is that one always bangs one's head when getting into the rear seats due to the sweep down of the cantrail line.