XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Dome Light not shutting off

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMaSteR0917
XF needs new shifter assembly if it clicks every time you depress brake pedal.
Where is this info from? I just had a new gear selector put in and now it seems like it is happening more. Does that mean it was faulty or is this completely different from the gear selector? I am curious as the supervisor did not mention this could be the case.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:20 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There are different shifter assemblys for 09 XF. One's with a dynamic button (supercharged only) and one's without button ( NA engine). If the clicking noise was not there before the unit was installed and now it is then the new unit sounds to be at fault.
You may hear a click noise when first moving shifter from park and then after that there should be no clicking noise. The shift interlock system on that car is electronic and has no cable. If you put car in drive and still hear clicking noise coming from shifter every time you press brake then that is an problem and needs to be fixed

Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 AM

Well tried the "Hard Reset" yesterday to no avail. Looks like I am going to see the dealer tomorrow anyway so I will have him look into the clicking noise. I think the click was there before but just not as prodominant (I have a NA). Hopefully they will fix it up for me.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:24 PM

Long day at the dealership today.

Something to do with something in the door. Doesn't allow the light to go out. Don't really know the whole story (he will give that to me once it is fixed). The click from braking was a brake switch and my FOB wasn't working anymore either so they are fixing that.

All in all, 3 parts on order that they will fly in and get there on Wednesday. They gave me a Land Rover LR2 to take for the week and remember I am 250 km's away from the dealership. They said once the car is fixed up they will ship it down to me and swap the vehicles out. Should be no later than Friday this coming week.

Sucks living so far away but thats the price you pay for a unique luxury vehicle I guess.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Crazy the Jaguar dealer for Saskatchewan is only on Saskatoon! Still, same owner as our dealership in Calgary. I'm happy with them.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM

No not the same as the Calgary one. The Saskatoon one is Vaughn Wyant Automotive Group. Believe the Calgary one is owned by Auto Gallery (which has a dealership in Regina for Subaru).

Had a conversation with my service manager about all of this and Vaughn was quite upset when Auto Gallery bought Calgary because it wasn't known they were up for sale and he would have bought it apparently. Can't find who owns Calgary's but know its not the Vaughn group.

The following users liked this post:
jagular (02-16-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 PM

**** UPDATE ****

So last I saw the car was Friday last week. Left Saskatoon without the car as they had to order some parts in. They gave me a Land Rover LR2 to come back to Regina in which was a nice change of pace but oh did I miss my Jag. They were flying the parts in for the vehicle and the service manager missed the cut off to get the order in on Friday so the parts didn’t arrive to the shop till Wednesday.

The 3 issues I asked them to look into:

o The dome light would not shut off
o There was a clicking noise when stepping on and off the brake pedal
o My keyless fob worked about 50% of the time and batteries were going dead

The service manager received the parts on Wednesday around 10 (he emailed me as the car was in the shop to let me know they got everything and they were working on the fix).

He emailed me this morning and said that the car was fixed up. Here is what they did and what the issues were:

o There was a switch in the driver door that was broken which made the dome light think the door was open (although that was not registering on the screen on the dash). They fixed the part and now this allows the dome light to function as intended.
o The clicking noise was a “brake switch” which was busted. They fixed the switch and now the click is completely gone both noise and feel in the pedal.
o The fob was faulty and had a bad unit inside. They required me to mail my second fob to them because they ordered in another fob and to program it they needed the other one (didn’t really get this reasoning however I mailed it on Tuesday and it got there Wednesday). They replaced the entire unit to a brand new one which is a nice touch.

This morning they had someone drive it down to me (the service managers daughters boyfriend – keep up with that one). I was nervous about this “kid” (term used loosely as I am pretty young myself) driving my car but the service manager assured me he trusted him (I fully trust the service manager so thought why not). Either way they brought the car down to me. Picked me up at work, took me to the land rover and then dropped me back off at work and took the land rover back to Saskatoon.

The car looks beautiful (think they washed it) and I am happy to have it home. I tell you these guys in Saskatoon are AMAZING to deal with. The service manager knows how to treat a customer right and I always feel like I am in good hands (good thing because I have seen him 3 or 4 times since August).

Glad to report the car is fixed up (for now) and my baby has come home!

Thanks for all of the support on the forum guys! Glad there is a good knowledgeable group of people on here to talk it out with.

-Aaron

Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Very happy to hear your received a royal service!

Must feel good to have the car back in a perfect shape.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the sensor has probably messed up, and needs to be replaced, but it's only sold by the whole light console

Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM

It was the "Front Door Lock Motor and Latch Assembly". That is what the service record says. "C2D5640 Latch". Thats what fixed the overhead like. Was told it was a switch in the driver door. Didn't show up on the display that the door was open but they determined this was the cause for the light to stay on.

Brake was "Brake Pedal Switch" "C2P14525 Switch - Stop Lamp" that fixed the clicking noise.