XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by JaguarUptown
My 2012 XF has been in for service for this same issue on two occasions in just the past 4 weeks. My 2009 was very tight and never had any issues but my new XF has only 2k miles and it sounds like the doors are ready to fall off. It really has taken the enjoyment away from owning the car. Going around turns in parking garages is the worst.

Interesting, I was going to chime in that my 09 has no signs of this issue.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by 09XFSuper
Interesting, I was going to chime in that my 09 has no signs of this issue.
Same here with my 09.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone

Update. Just picked my Jag up (for the 6th time) for the creaky doors issue. Apparently my service guys learned that they have been focusing on the wrong seals. A Jag rep was in and told them this has been an issue with cars primarily in the UK. The seals causing the noise are the upper door seals not the inner doors seals. They ordered and installed the new seals yesterday and I just got my car. So far so good.....fingers crossed. Hopefully this is it this time and maybe we ALL will have a viable solution.

Last edited by Brazz; 06-05-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:52 PM
vs2
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good news Brazz. I have not had an issue since using Sintex over 6 weeks ago, but when it happens again could you please provide more informatios on exactly what seals they replaced. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 PM

@vs2
I will attach pictures of the correct seals. I will make sure it works first.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey brazz good to hear you are getting somewhere.
mine noises havent come back after the fix.
but very interesting that i received a phone call from the dealer stating that they still want to change the seals as they were just advised of another fix.
sounds like it is an issue everywhere around the world and hopefully it is a fix not a fluff up to keep you going in and out of the dealers.
good luck hope we hear none of those noises ever again.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM

Here are some pictures of the "correct" and "wrong" seals... Hopefully this helps others with the same issue with less trials..

Door rattle-correct-seals.jpg - Correct seals causing noise - replaced

Door rattle-wrong-seals.jpg - Incorrect seals, not causing the noise

Last edited by Brazz; 06-06-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:20 PM

My dealer has just ordered complete new seals for all four doors and the sunroof. This was done through advisement by their Jaguar tech rep. We'll see what happens. Right now Ive parked the 2012 XF Supercharged and am driving a 2009 Jeep Wrangler. Sad.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM

For my XF, it wasn't the seals causing the noise. I had minor squeaking in generally the same place, but it turned out that the noise was where the leather trim on the door and the dash meet when the door is closed, not the seals. I put a little silicone where the leather trim makes contact and problem solved.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:13 PM

Back again for an update seals just got changed as well like brazz after also adjusting the doors perfect not the slightest noise ....
So for everyone experiencing the same problem ASK FOR THE FIX......
it is now noted world wide that there was a problem with creaking seals on 2012 cars..

Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Jaguar released a squeek and rattle kit recently with differant type of lubes and sprays for things just like this. Seals, door panels etc. when you have noises coming from seals and door panels where they touch/rub, contact/ You can get noises as ya'll have described. I have used this kit on many occassions now and it works perfectly and permanently every time if you identify the area/part that is causing the noise. I use primarily 2 sprays in the kit and I can tell you when they say it lubes and stays without coming off, they meen it. I made the mistake of getting too generous once and got the rubber seal spray on the floor of one of my lifts. Despite repeated cleaning, it is still slippery, not oily, or wet. Its just slick and its been months. you know those tv ads years ago about squeeky clean dishes? yeah the seals and door panels do the same thing, the sprays, and lube pens are aerospace dry lubes that leave nothing visible and work great. You just use differant products and applicators for the surface and material youre working with.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:36 PM

Mine goes back into the shop tomorrow to have the new seals installed. Fingers crossed because the problem has gotten much worse (only 2,500 miles on it).

Old 06-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Just picked up my XF from the dealership with the new seals installed on all 4 doors. The car was super quiet on the way home. Let's hope it lasts. The dealer said two other XF's have had the same issue and have something in common with mine. They are all black 2012 XF Supercharged models. Even the color is the same.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 PM

Wouldnt you know it...the new door seals are already coming off the car.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM

A friend of mine had a similar issue with his 2012 XF. He said the windows were rattling, but the rattle would go away if the window was down slightly. The dealer lubricated all the door hinges and it seemed to fix the issue. Hopefully that helps someone!

The following users liked this post:
Hunnenkoenig (03-08-2024)
Old 06-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Dealer had to reinstall the new rear door seals after they started to come off the car. But it looks like the new seals have done the trick and the car is now very quiet. No rattles or squeaks.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by JaguarUptown
Dealer had to reinstall the new rear door seals after they started to come off the car. But it looks like the new seals have done the trick and the car is now very quiet. No rattles or squeaks.
I had to take mine back 3 times after they replaced the seals because they were coming unglued. Good Luck.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2011 xj and the doors rattle when I close it and on bumps been in 3 x no fix . It sucks and the roof forget it 4 x and no fix . I can't take it anymore.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Brazz
Here are some pictures of the "correct" and "wrong" seals... Hopefully this helps others with the same issue with less trials..

Attachment 20188 - Correct seals causing noise - replaced

Attachment 20189 - Incorrect seals, not causing the noise

I have a 2010 model year XF, and it would seem I am the only person from the UK experiencing this issue on this forum.
Can I ask the Seal that was replaced, was it the seal that goes right round the door and just the strip along the top of the door, which is part of the chrome strip which sits on the utside top of the door? Also would it be possible to provide me with the details of your dealership in the U.S, so that I could contact them in order to provide some inormation to my own dealer in the UK on how to rectify the problem.
Many thanks for your help

Regards
Keith

Old 07-06-2012, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by KNS8Y
I have a 2010 model year XF, and it would seem I am the only person from the UK experiencing this issue on this forum.
Can I ask the Seal that was replaced, was it the seal that goes right round the door and just the strip along the top of the door, which is part of the chrome strip which sits on the utside top of the door? Also would it be possible to provide me with the details of your dealership in the U.S, so that I could contact them in order to provide some inormation to my own dealer in the UK on how to rectify the problem.
Many thanks for your help

Regards
Keith
Sorry to clarify, I meant to say is it the door seal that goes round the door, OR the strip that runs along the top of the door.

Quick Reply: Door rattle