XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

downloading iphone phonebook to XF via bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default downloading iphone phonebook to XF via bluetooth

Guys, I can't figure out how to do this. I get to the screen where it says "manual download' and I hit yes and it does nothing. It says exit when finished but again does nothing. Does the iphone not support this feature? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine got to "A" in my iPhone address book and then stopped. I've cleared it out and started again and it's never managed to go further. Voice commands have never worked, and the navigation system uses the brain of a retarded carrier pigeon to tell you where to go. The same process in an Audi was completed in 2 minutes and voice commands worked straight off the bat. I think Jaguar, as someone else said, still believes Atari is the benchmark for consumer electronics...

Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

The contacts list doesn't get "downloaded".

The bluetooth is just a control interface, everything is still being done by and through the phone. The Jaguar interface cannot see any "groups" nor can it see your "favourites" list.

The rumour is that the Jaguar interface cannot handle a very large contacts database. Otherwise the iPhone works seamlessly with the Jaguar bluetooth software.

When I paired and docked my iPhone 4 it went seamlessly. All contacts on my iPhone appear on the LCD screen. Some UK owners have reported very large contact lists stop at what appears to be a number limit in the Jaguar interface.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everything works just fine except the phonebook. It is completely grayed out so you can't even access it. My contact list is not that long. It does last 10 received calls and last 10 made.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlindy
Guys, I can't figure out how to do this. I get to the screen where it says "manual download' and I hit yes and it does nothing. It says exit when finished but again does nothing. Does the iphone not support this feature? I did a search and couldn't find anything.
From your words it seems that i-phone doesn't support this feature. Else almost all the people won't be facing the same problem. Everyone has all the features right, except the i-phone. There must be some method to make it compatible.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

My iPhone 4 works seamlessly with the XF bluetooth, no issues at all. The address book stays on your phone, the bluetooth just accesses it as it does the phone functions. The bluetooth is like a wireless remote output and input and should just display what's on the phone. The phone also continues to work as a separate phone even when paired and docked.

Some UK posters report that the full address book will not "download" due to memory issues in the car, i.e. not enough memory to accommodate large address books, which seems odd since the data actually remain on the phone. If you add or delete entries the car doesn't care and no "updating" occurs.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the car otherwise, but wow, the inattention to basic functions like voice activated calling my name (needs a downloaded phonebook) is simply unbelievable. Thanks Jaguar for keeping the sales count low and the brand exclusive (I guess!)

Old 05-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 2010 XF Portfolio, I can use the voice dial feature in my iPhone 5s through the Jaguar voice system by first saying "phone dial handset name", this opens the phones voice system and then you can give a phone command that the iPhone understands. I've tried this with non-phone features such as playing music on the iPhone and it does not work. I agree, the Jaguar voice system leaves a lot to be desired. I don't use it much because it can't "hear" very well over road noise.