XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Driving then coolant level low! 2012 XF SC LEAK HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Driving then coolant level low! 2012 XF SC LEAK HELP

Was driving then all of a sudden I heard something pop. Then next my coolant warning light came on. Pulled over and turned car off and coolant all inside the engine bay. Is this normal on Jaguar XF, coolant issues? I'm at 53k miles. Here's a couples pics of someone else has had this problem already. Trying to diagnose it as mush before taking it in or doing it myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

At 52000 my XF water pump failed. My cat is a 2012 Portfolio with the 5.0L NA motor. It is a common issue and not expensive at all to repair. Water pump is for $150 and while you are at it change the outlet pipe and as many coolant pipes as needed. I changed my water pump, outlet pipe, and three other hoses and total parts were $350 + labor. Now labor is all up to you. You can take it to a dealership and they'll do all together for a $1000 and with that you get the warranty and peace of mind. Or you can take it to a trusted mechanic and do it for roughly $750. Your only other option is to do it yourself. If you have warranty then you're lucky

Hope that helped

Old 07-25-2017, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by croco
At 52000 my XF water pump failed. My cat is a 2012 Portfolio with the 5.0L NA motor. It is a common issue and not expensive at all to repair. Water pump is for $150 and while you are at it change the outlet pipe and as many coolant pipes as needed. I changed my water pump, outlet pipe, and three other hoses and total parts were $350 + labor. Now labor is all up to you. You can take it to a dealership and they'll do all together for a $1000 and with that you get the warranty and peace of mind. Or you can take it to a trusted mechanic and do it for roughly $750. Your only other option is to do it yourself. If you have warranty then you're lucky

Hope that helped
thank you! Yes what is weird is that previous owner did water pump replacement at 41k. Which is weird that now it coudlve already went out. I'm hoping it's just a hose or something. I love this car. I just hope I don't get into anything worse lol. Thanks again. After readying up more info I guess this is common.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:35 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

check to where the previous owner did the repair. If it is at a Jag dealership it should still be under warranty if the repair was done within a year ago. Even if the vehicle is out of the warranty whatever repaired at a dealership has a 1 year unlimited miles warranty

Old 07-25-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by croco
check to where the previous owner did the repair. If it is at a Jag dealership it should still be under warranty if the repair was done within a year ago. Even if the vehicle is out of the warranty whatever repaired at a dealership has a 1 year unlimited miles warranty
yes I was thinking about it. I didn't know that and good looking out. Was done at Newport Beach jaguar. I shall call tomorrow.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

Yep the hoses tend to got like that.