XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Drove the 11 to chicago

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove the 11 to chicago

And let me tell you - driving the loop at twilight on a sunday is ... downright magical.

anyways - some goofy issues i hit:

Global open setting? works great. Global close? unselects itself after 3 seconds.

seems that occasionally, and mostly when cold, she shifts hard from first to second... like a weird delay or something? Probably just me being overcritical really

went over a bump - cruise turned itself off. i'm betting feature since this car is attempting to drive itself for the most part.

Just what does DSC do for me. i know its traction, but whats the theory behind it. in winter mode, with dsc off, i know the car uses it occasionally just the same. so its a curiosity.

How do i set the ASL - i can turn it on but how do i pick a value for it?

what do the three buttons do on the rearview mirror? i'm guessing gradients of polarization for dimming at night?

Curious about security settings in the car, but not willing to mess with them at all unless folks have tips or thoughts on them?

the gas cap strap broke. frustrating. more than anything really.

The lady i went and saw loved it. so... totes worth it. anyways, would love some thoughts from the forums on that stuff. would be handy. feel less like a tourist in my own car maybe.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Received 126 Likes on 116 Posts

My cruise does that also, but it needs to be a very sharp bump.

DSC normal is all driver AIDS on, will only let tire squeak before retarding everything, yaw control will not let you go sideways.

DSC in Trac mode (hold button for 3 sec), lets wheels spin a bit more, retardation recovers quicker.

DSZc full off (hold button for 10+ sec), no drivers aids, will smoke tires and will let you sling the rear out. Yaw control will not save you. Be careful

ASL is adjusted with the cruise control wheel on steering wheel. Watch the center info screen between the dials to see what you are doing.

Three buttons on mirror is Homelink. Opening garage doors. Read manual to program.

The following users liked this post:
Daniel Thomas Eakin (02-02-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't know what to tell you about the global closing. The cruise control thing does happen on occasion if the bump is just right. Thats normal, just the computer playing it safe.

To set the ASL hit the button to turn it on and then use the cruise control + or - control to set the speed. Fun fact, maximum speed limit for ASL is 150mph lol.

You don't really need the gas cap strap anyway. Letting it hang is bad for your paint over time. Use the little "shelf" on the gas cap cover and it won't even be an issue.

Congrats on your new ride, have fun and respect that gas pedal! She'll bite if you let her.

The following users liked this post:
Daniel Thomas Eakin (02-02-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Awesome car man. I never new holding the DSC button for 10 sec. Would turn it off completely. Nice tip in case I ever need it.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:12 PM

bout to take the car to lunch. got a nice 1/4 mile stretch to the main road. maybe i'll see if i can't squeek the tires a wee bit.

thank you all for the additional information. very handy!

Old 02-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Actually, that cruise control thing is probably intentional and a very good feature.
Usually you aren't supposed to use cruise control in bad weather because if your tires start slipping, it has the potential to rev the engine and exacerbate the problem. It may be the car senses abnormal wheel spin and disengages to prevent that happening. It's a great feature if that's what it does.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:33 PM

question about that DSC -

When the light is out what mode is it in? the button itself is lit or not... it can't be 'wild and crazy mode' by default right? lol.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Light out is full nanny mode. Everything is active safety related. Things don't get "crazy" until you start pressing/holding buttons.