XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XF/XFR ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Well, I'm really interested as to what the sacrifice is with the ECU tune...
There are no sacrifices within the software. We have explained that among the 470, 510, 550 hp Jaguars, there are no differences in software except for limiters. Essentially, your engine is identical to an XKR-S (timing, air/fuel ratio, etc), but with a limiter.

For more info, please view this blog we posted a while back.

Attention: 5.0 Jaguars

Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Everybody knows that when driving a european car, the highest level of octane available should be used on the pump. Back on January 29th of this year, on our blog you will see us recommending to our customers to use the higest octane available.
I think your are very wrong here, first of all Jaguar (who also provide specific tunes for the american market), are NOT saying you need the highest level of octane. So that you ommit this information that you need to use a higher octane fuel, could be outright dangerous for those that are unaware!

For your information, we have our OWN tunes. They are created by our team. We have discussed this many times within this forum.
Then why do you avoid explaining that you can't provide any dynos? A serious tuner will not develop a tune for a car without having it on a dyno, you should have tons of dyno sheets, so where are they?

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us for an immediate response.
Imo forums are about sharing information, not phone numbers.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

There are no sacrifices within the software. We have explained that among the 470, 510, 550 hp Jaguars, there are no differences in software except for limiters. Essentially, your engine is identical to an XKR-S (timing, air/fuel ratio, etc), but with a limiter.

For more info, please view this blog we posted a while back.

Attention: 5.0 Jaguars
True, it was easy to find the limiters; I needed just a couple of hours with my tuner to find these LoL.

But you are not only doing the limiters, so your comment isn't fully answering the question.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean I'm not supposed to fuel up at the closest municipal airport with 110 octane? Thanks for the warning.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mtravis
You mean I'm not supposed to fuel up at the closest municipal airport with 110 octane? Thanks for the warning.
To clarify, highest level of octane at the pump, not race gas.

The following 2 users liked this post by sales@ECU Tuning Group:
edobernig (05-02-2012), mtravis (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 01:18 AM

LOL. Thanks. I'm not that stupid. Well, I am, but airplane gas is too expensive and the airport is a pain to get to.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

It would be nice to see a E85 tune.The gains to be had with E85 are insane. My friends GTR makes monster power with a E85 tune. And I can get E85 at my local pump.
I had a 97 997 wit ha tune and it automaticaly detected what fuel you had and the bosst/timing/etc would always adjust by itself. No buttons to push just go WOT and it gave you what was on tap depending on what fuel was in the tank. AWESOME!.

I really hope ECU Tuning Group post up Dyno sheets for the 09 and 10+ S/C engines with pulley and without ASAP.

It would suck to get my baseline dyno #'s and then apply their tune and find the #'s are much lower than advertised and then only to hear than my car must be an isolated case.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My handbook says 10% ethanol is the max recommended level. Is that due to heat/lube, or is it just a mapping issue?

Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Question

@ ECU Tuning Group , I am willing to add your tune but can you please answer these few questions first? By doing the ECUTG tune maybe I can give some first hand experience and thoughts on their tune since I have access to a dyno at my brothers shop. Then maybe some of the members here will not not be so skeptical if 1 of us post up before and after dyno sheets and street driving results in the real world.
This is what you say is some of the Beneficial features of reprogramming the ECU: removal of speed limiter, increased exhaust note, flatspots/hesitation removed for better driveability. What should we here more of in the exhaust note? Will we also here some more supercharger whine? And with a pulley will there be even more exhaust and supercharger whine?
and For customers wishing to see similar results of a tuned XKR-S, we recommend purchasing a Quicksilver exhaust. Will this also give another 10hp or so gain on a 5.0L/XFR like you mentioned?
For $1,700 to flash lets say a XFR that makes 510hp and will go to 565hp (+55hp) Thats about 22RWHP for $1,700! ouch. The Mina puley is about that for $300. I just want to rationlize the cost for the gains. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I would have already pulled the trigger on getting this but they have no locations close enough to me.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

He will mail you his laptop and OBD connector to upload into your ECU. It is a very easy to do and he will also walk you through it on the phone while you do it. Then you just mail back his laptop and your done. There is no need to even leave your house, very conveinant

Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
He will mail you his laptop and OBD connector to upload into your ECU. It is a very easy to do and he will also walk you through it on the phone while you do it. Then you just mail back his laptop and your done. There is no need to even leave your house, very conveinant
Does that laptop install the pulley to? I have the 4.2sc so I would definitely want the pulley upgrade. Being their tune I'd want them to install the pulley.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 AM

Anybody have the tune on their XJL SC for an extended period of time? Comments on reliability? Does it feel like the stock Supersport?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

It appears there is not that much info out there or here on thses guys tunes. I do see over on the AMG forums they were NOT happy with ECUTG.
I would like to know how this effects the TCU since that is not flashed with the ECU like the GTR's are.Adaptics will only do so much adjusting.
I really want to give this a try on my XFR but the $1700 price is a lot since my XFR is already 510hp and will go to 590hp. The 470hp guys this is a good deal for.

I would definetly commint to doing this tune and document it from start to finish even with baseline dyno tunes to show the gains. Then maybe more members with the 5.0l motors will jump on this product

Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
It appears there is not that much info out there or here on thses guys tunes. I do see over on the AMG forums they were NOT happy with ECUTG.
I would like to know how this effects the TCU since that is not flashed with the ECU like the GTR's are.Adaptics will only do so much adjusting.
I really want to give this a try on my XFR but the $1700 price is a lot since my XFR is already 510hp and will go to 590hp. The 470hp guys this is a good deal for.

I would definetly commint to doing this tune and document it from start to finish even with baseline dyno tunes to show the gains. Then maybe more members with the 5.0l motors will jump on this product
If you're interested then your best bet is to contact them directly as they don't seem to be very responsive to forum posts.

I think the best solution would be to use one of their dealers to install the tune at a local dyno shop so you can monitor the AFR, have them tweak the ignition map using your choice of octane, then take it out for the street learning session as you tweak it some more, and then put it back on the dyno. Ask if they are able to monitor knock while they tune or they'll be afraid to touch the ignition map. That's the only way I'd let them tune my car, especially after seeing the AFR's posted from the 5L XJ.

While that kind of tune would be worth more than $1700, it would be an AWESOME tune, and likely make more power than their standard 91 tune! Either way you know you'll be making the most safe power possible. But you probably know all that since you have a pair of tuned Supras...nice! I think I'm going to let my '94 TT BPU 6 spd go to a new home to make room for an F-Type.

Bruce

Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

For those who have any questions, please contact us via email or phone and you will get an immediate response. There has been a family emergency that we needed to attend to.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2010 xf tuned

Just got my 10' jag XFSC or what i would call it now XFR-S. I got the car tuned and pulley swapped and it feels like a new car. i don't have any dyno sheets yet but will post when done. I will say you can really feel a power difference. Thanks Ninja.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Damn forgot to mention ETG did the tuning.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Did you have it done at MC Customs in Miami? I heard they just did one also

Old 06-05-2012, 12:55 PM

I believe so. I didn't go personally. ETG took care of it all.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XF/XFR ECU Upgrade