XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XF/XFR ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

I have pictures of the a rocket sport XFR land speed record car. it took of the Jag you were grille emblem, and ran a straight pipe right into the mass airflow sensor. they handle or the radiator to make room for the pipe. I'll try to post pictures of it when I get back to work Wednesday

Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the tune and pulley on 2011 SC and it has really woken the car up. It was very noticeable right after and it keeps pulling stronger as the miles click by, I still have 30 or so more to go before the car has fully adapted. I am impressed! The difference is night and day.

I have had tunes in my previous BMWs (335is & 135) and this tune is far more noticeable, the Jag is like a whole new car, truly a sleeper now.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts

Dear ETG and anyone who may know..

I have the Natural 5.0L in the 2012 XF..

Do you have a drop in tune (via OBDII port) available?...If yes, is there a noticable improvement over the factory Tune?

Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have not sampled your tune and cannot provide first hand feedback on it. But, let me give you guys two pieces of advice that I believe will put would be customers to ease and get you a lot more credibility and business...

(1) Any ECU tuning product that do not provide before and after dyno charts, along with details on the configuration of the tested vehicle and the location of the test, is IMMEDIATELY SUSPECT. Provide these and half of doubters in this thread would have shut up, and you'll get a few times more business that you get. This is something every tuner should do; not something you rely on your customer(s) to sometimes post on some forum thread somewhere.

(2) Luxury car buyers -- even the enthusiasts amongst us -- tend to be rather conservative. A more interesting product than what you are offering may be an ECU tune that is exactly what's on the XFR or XFR-S cars (for XF Supercharged owners). In otherwords, this is exactly the programming Jaguar puts on the XFR or XFR-S car, extracted and offered as-is. There will be a good portion of your clientele who trusts Jaguar more than ANY tuner, no matter how good you are and what review you got. If you are extracting the stock files and making changes, you certainly have the ability to extract and replace with XFR or XFR-S files. I am not saying you shouldn't offer the current tune(s) that provide, perhaps, better performance. I am just saying that the STOCK XFR and/or XFR-S files may be something that many XF Supercharged and XF-R owners may prefer.

Last edited by dwight looi; 05-18-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Dwight, I agree with much you say. But ETG, for lack of better wording, just keeps catering to the higher end clients who don't ask questions on the product or about the price and just do it. So ETG sticks close to those type of clients and they stay happy enough. Now if they added 3 to 5 more people to their force they could also pick up many more clients like us and similar just by doing what you mentioned.

ETG chooses to do business the way it works for them and that is fine. They cant make everyone happy, but I can say I was happy with the product and the service on this particular Jaguar 5.0l XFR tune in a can. Now for my other cars like the 997, gtr,supra, etc I went other routes as there are many other tuners who fine tune the **** out them on a 1 on1 basis as that is what they specialize in specifically.

So when it comes to these new gen Jags/Rovers I say ETG does have the best solution hands down. If they get the TCU flash done they will really makes these some killers, but maybe some stress to the ZF trans as a trade off.
Again, this is just my 2 cents on this, please don't take it the wrong way in the case I chosen poor words.

( Written from my tablet on a plane, please excuse me.)

Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This post has got me very curious. I am familiar with ECU Tuning Group. It seems they are gaining a large market share here in SoCal. That being said there has to be some truth to their tunes. The lack of Dyno Stats is suspect, however I am still very curious. Does anyone have the tune in a 5.0 NA? Your feedback? I am almost ready to be the ginny pig and will immediately get dyno stats to posts. That being said, what is this gonna cost me sales@ECU Tuning Group? I am located in Orange County and would love to put this post to rest.

The following users liked this post:
Cherry_560sel (01-31-2016)
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Someone on the XJ forums (x351) had done it to his car and i think it was between $1500-1900.
I will try to find it and post it here.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick XF
This post has got me very curious. I am familiar with ECU Tuning Group. It seems they are gaining a large market share here in SoCal. That being said there has to be some truth to their tunes. The lack of Dyno Stats is suspect, however I am still very curious. Does anyone have the tune in a 5.0 NA? Your feedback? I am almost ready to be the ginny pig and will immediately get dyno stats to posts. That being said, what is this gonna cost me sales@ECU Tuning Group? I am located in Orange County and would love to put this post to rest.

Website states $995 for the 5.0 N/A
And on our forum it says contact for special forum member pricing. So maybe it will be cheaper.

Last edited by chXFS; 05-21-2013 at 12:01 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by chXFS:
joshmcmorrow (01-19-2014), Sick XF (05-21-2013)
Old 07-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,

is there a map for 2.2 Diesel?

Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
Dwight, I agree with much you say. But ETG, for lack of better wording, just keeps catering to the higher end clients who don't ask questions on the product or about the price and just do it. So ETG sticks close to those type of clients and they stay happy enough. Now if they added 3 to 5 more people to their force they could also pick up many more clients like us and similar just by doing what you mentioned.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet. ETG is selling a tuning product, but refuses to post dyno videos or results......nor do they discuss what alterations can be made to the maps, limiters and torque management. Not to mention they charge 3-4 times what any other tuner charges for an ECU/PCM tune. ETG chooses to just do business with those who dont ask any questions????? Ridiculous!!

I'll put a call out to EFI Live or HP tuners to see if they can develop a tune file.....

Old 01-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyboy
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet. ETG is selling a tuning product, but refuses to post dyno videos or results......nor do they discuss what alterations can be made to the maps, limiters and torque management. Not to mention they charge 3-4 times what any other tuner charges for an ECU/PCM tune. ETG chooses to just do business with those who dont ask any questions????? Ridiculous!!

I'll put a call out to EFI Live or HP tuners to see if they can develop a tune file.....
Totally agree. I'm interested and willing to spend a few bucks to tune up my 3.0 SC. But ETG has yet to provide any actual performance data to compel me to spend...gulp...$1595. That's an exceptionally high price to pay for a pipe dream.

The following users liked this post:
Customgtrs (04-13-2014)
Old 01-18-2014, 05:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rocket on Rubber

I had my XKR tuned by Jags at ECU Tuning Group. That was nearly two years ago and I haven't had a problem or any issues. Regarding the tune..
First, I saw my mileage increase short term to 24 mpg now if I drive like a citizen it is at 20/22 mpg. Second, the car has more top-end has more power.. open roads in Arizona have seen +185 mph before my hands became to sweaty to hold the wheel. Third the bottom end around town has better shifting and throttle response. Didn't dyno, didn't care... still don't care.. bigger things to worry about, like if Cuban cigars will ever be imported to the USA, etc...

I am running a larger pulley (I recall 2lb) and Quicksilver exhaust installed by Vivid Racing in Phoenix.

Put on a blindfold, light a smoke and have them pull the trigger..

Old 01-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

Guys have been going over this particular subject for a long time on this forum, and it doesn't feel like much has been resolved. Personally, I was also not thrilled with the potential unknowns involved with Jags Gill at ECUTG, as I'd tuned a lot of previous vehicles in what seemed to be an easier, more convenient, and more affordable manner, and I was extremely hesitant to drop $1,700 on a relative gamble (FYI, I got my pulley from Mina and came up with my own exhaust design). But, I listened to people on this forum whom I'd gotten to know well and trusted, and whose opinions I respected (namely BigCat 09, whom I think we should all thank for being brave enough to pioneer the tune and report on it), and, based on what I considered to be ample due diligence, I called Jags again (I'd chatted with him several times prior, as part of my due diligence) and bought the tune.

To date (at least over a year), the tune has been incredible and so has Jags. Even after my purchase, he's been incredibly responsive regarding questions I've asked about taking my car to the dealership for work and how they'd know if I'd tuned it, etc. Even as recently as this Thanksgiving, Jags was nice enough to humor my pain-in-the-*** antics and shipped me a laptop, free of charge (or, rather, included in the original price), and then went through the files with me on several occasions, and even on the actual holiday, while he was out of town visiting family. That's what I'd call extreme commitment to customer service. And, as it turns out, everything worked out well.

I can't speak for why Jags prefers his particular method of doing business and, at this point, I don't really care why he does it his way. Would I have initially preferred documented dyno runs, a handheld tuner, and a helluva' lot cheaper price? Of course. But, I saved a lot of effort and time (which is money to me) by accepting the situation as it was and not deliberating/complaining for a year, and I can promise everyone that I have zero regrets. To that point, if Jags offered a tune for whatever my next car is, I would trust him implicitly and would certainly buy from him again. However, I'd also evaluate any potential competitors and/or other options/variables, so that I could make an informed decision based on several factors (all of which vary for everyone based on particular appetite for risk vs. return, etc.). That's exactly what I did before buying the ECUTG tune from Jags, and the process served me well.

In summation, I will attest that I have in no way been given any type of payment, discount, preferential treatment, or anything else to influence my report on ECUTG (although, I'm certainly open to the idea, if you're reading this, Jags - my Range Rover Sport Supercharged is begging for the same treatment). All I can offer is my personal opinion based off of my experience with ECUTG and Jags, as well the reports I've gotten from those whom I trust (again, BigCat 09). I can tell you that I've pulled away from a Bentley Continental GT (unsure of generation or engine), a few Porsche 911s (current model as well as previous generations), a BMW M5 (previous generation 500HP model with at least some exhaust work), an Audi R8 (unsure of generation or engine), and even a Ferrari (unsure of model, but definitely front-engine and newer looking, although driven by a woman), as well as a ton of "lesser" cars (Chargers, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc.). Would that have happened without the ECUTG tune (and K&N filters, pulley swap, and exhaust mods)? I don't know. But, I hope that my shared experience can help someone else make what I consider to be a great decision. If you're still ultimately uncomfortable with Jags' lack of supporting documentation, etc. regarding his performance claims, that's certainly understandable. Just don't pull up next to me, because I'll leave you like you dropped an anchor. Ha-ha.

Last edited by Reaxions; 01-19-2014 at 09:41 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Reaxions:
2010 Kyanite XFR (01-18-2014), edobernig (01-19-2014), joshmcmorrow (01-19-2014)
Old 01-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Any experience with tunning the 3.0 SC models? what are claimed improvements from ETG or others?
I got the ETG tune (no pulley) on my 2011 5.0SC two years ago and LOVE IT.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:55 PM

I'm also looking in to the for a 2013 3.0 SC. Eurocharged says they can get about 36 rwhp from a tune but they aren't sure about doing a pulley. I emailed ECU to ask about gains but haven't had a reply. From the looks of this thread, I probably shouldn't expect one.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by tdiddy
I'm also looking in to the for a 2013 3.0 SC. Eurocharged says they can get about 36 rwhp from a tune but they aren't sure about doing a pulley. I emailed ECU to ask about gains but haven't had a reply. From the looks of this thread, I probably shouldn't expect one.
They're happy to provide a price. Just not any actual performance data.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:33 AM

I did get a reply from Jags at ECU this morning. No data, but he's saying that the tune is good for 35hp/41 lbs tq and the pulley for another 30hp.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,548 Likes on 3,957 Posts

Dyno before & after but first get a cast iron guarantee they'll refund your money if (when) the gains aren't true. Why would they refuse....... But they will.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by tdiddy
I did get a reply from Jags at ECU this morning. No data, but he's saying that the tune is good for 35hp/41 lbs tq and the pulley for another 30hp.
That is not much of an increase as they don't even get up to the 380hp of the V6S. I know Rica's tune will give you 398hp.
Rica Engineering Chiptuning

Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
That is not much of an increase as they don't even get up to the 380hp of the V6S. I know Rica's tune will give you 398hp.
Rica Engineering Chiptuning
Maybe, but I haven't seen any dynos from Rica either. Also, they don't seem to offer a pulley upgrade.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XF/XFR ECU Upgrade