XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

The engine vibrates especially at idle and at constant speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The engine vibrates especially at idle and at constant speed

Hello everyone and sorry for the incorrect English from Google translator.

I have a Jaguar

The engine vibrates especially at idle and at constant speed.
It vibrates and makes me dizzy when I drive and I can't concentrate.
I've been going around like this for a while, about 60,000k and now I just don't know what to do anymore.

Interventions carried out so far over time:
1) revised both the right and left heads because the engine went into protection, and after spending 5000 euros it turns out that the problem persists only to later discover that I had the cats exploded inside.
2) Fitted aftermarket metal 200 cell cats with spacers on the downstream probes. Right from the start I noticed that there are some annoying vibrations that happen around 3000rpm and above.

The necessary tests are carried out to verify the air sucked in by some gaskets but to no avail and the following are replaced in the order:
a) New original Jaguar spark plugs and coils without any success;
b) new MAF sensor without any results;
c) carried out automatic gearbox/transmission service and without result;
d) Original and new fuel injectors even without any success.

I've run out of ideas and I'm taking the Jaguar to the main workshop and after charging me 160 euros for a diagnosis, all they say is that I have bank 1 which pollutes a lot and I'm not okay with the exhaust fumes. They say you have to do a series of checks and start from 0.

The doubt I have is the following: is it possible that this depends on the correct positioning of the distribution chain? Shouldn't I have related codes if that were the case?

Could it be due to the metal cats with their own spacers on the downstream probe not reading the O2 parameters well?

Could it be due to an inefficient fuel pump even if I don't have any codes for it?

I repeat, I only noticed a number of misfires on the cylinders of bank 1 on the left (where the manifold prevents working peacefully on that side.
Please if you have any ideas or negative experiences regarding the use of 200 cell metal cats let me know.
Any other ideas are welcome.
Greetings from Italy. Thank you