XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

EPB Module Replacement - Plug and Play?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EPB Module Replacement - Plug and Play?

Would appreciate advice following hours of searching and reading!

Jaguar XF 3.0 Diesel Premium Luxury - 2010

Problems with EPB have started to become more often with the warning on the dash. I have on numerous occasions carried out the reset procedure with occasional success. But intermittently the EPB will fail to apply. It is not stuck on and the car is still driveable.

I have managed to purchase a stated (yet to be seen) good replacement module from Ebay with exactly the same numbers as is on the module fitted to the car and have located the module within the boot. So to my question:
  • On this model, is it simply a replacement "plug and play" and carry out the usual EPB recalibrate as mentioned on various threads in this forum (am happy how to conduct this process).
Or :
  • After replacement of the module, does it need intervention from some electronic set up device that only dealers would normally hold?
I am a little worried about just plugging it in for fear of upsetting other ECU communications and therefore setting myself up for a trip to the dealers anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know this may still not cure the problem as there may well be other factors mentioned on the thread, but as I have a replacement unit for £17 and it seems an easy exchange to rule out as I have the part, want to give it a go. Module is suspect to me as its intermittent, but realise it could also be wiring issues as detailed elsewhere.

Many thanks.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Received 116 Likes on 101 Posts

Providing it's the same part number it should be PnP. Are you assuming it's the module ? Have you checked in the boot for water or dampness ? Do you have any DTC's & is the battery up to spec ? The EPB doesn't like a low voltage.

Surprised you didn't post on the UK site as you live in Bristol. They don't really have diesel cars over here.