XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Eurocharged ECU tune and pulley combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by boiler
Bump

For those that did the tune and pulley swap any problems in the last year? I am thinking about taking mine to their shop in Houston.
I'm also in Houston. Let me know if you decide to take the plunge. I won't do pulley/tune until my factory warranty ends in another 16K miles, but after that...

Old 10-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by aliensporez
I'm also in Houston. Let me know if you decide to take the plunge. I won't do pulley/tune until my factory warranty ends in another 16K miles, but after that...
That is one thing I am also thinking about I got my car as a CPO so i have until May 2017 or 100,000 before it expires.

If someone would off a hand held tuner like I had for my STi that would make this process much easier.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts

Bump

For those that did the tune and pulley swap any problems in the last year? I am thinking about taking mine to their shop in Houston.
I've had my ECUTG tune and Mina pulley for quite a while (see my former posts) on my '11, which is still under warranty through '16, and not one problem to date.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:12 AM

That is one thing I am also thinking about I got my car as a CPO so i have until May 2017 or 100,000 before it expires.

If someone would off a hand held tuner like I had for my STi that would make this process much easier.
I presume you had a Cobb AccessPort, I had the same for my Mazdaspeed3 (big turbo, custom e85 tune, blah blah blah). Being able to flash a stock tune if need be was a very big benefit, not to mention being able to do your own MAF Calibrations based on the current conditions.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 AM

I presume you had a Cobb AccessPort, I had the same for my Mazdaspeed3 (big turbo, custom e85 tune, blah blah blah). Being able to flash a stock tune if need be was a very big benefit, not to mention being able to do your own MAF Calibrations based on the current conditions.
Yup the access port was awesome

Old 10-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Do it

I've had no issues since my EuroCharged ECU tune and pulley. I recommend that you have your ECU updated according to the recent recall notice before taking it to EuroCharged. Being in Houston will be very convenient if you ever have to have it re-installed. They only have a single cable they ship to those of us who are remote. I've been waiting to have my ECU recall tune so that it can be re-flashed with the Euro tune. The updated tune will not override any of the recall tune adjustments.

The added power is real. No issues whatsoever on it affecting any other part of the car other than the tires and brakes - I gotta learn to slow down.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Check out this review from one of our recent customers

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ts-v8s-127932/

Old 10-29-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by UsmaXKR2010
I've had no issues since my EuroCharged ECU tune and pulley. I recommend that you have your ECU updated according to the recent recall notice before taking it to EuroCharged. Being in Houston will be very convenient if you ever have to have it re-installed. They only have a single cable they ship to those of us who are remote. I've been waiting to have my ECU recall tune so that it can be re-flashed with the Euro tune. The updated tune will not override any of the recall tune adjustments.

The added power is real. No issues whatsoever on it affecting any other part of the car other than the tires and brakes - I gotta learn to slow down.
I just had a windshield washer hose fixed yesterday and they said nothing about a recall and when I bought the car two weeks ago there were no outstanding recalls on the car. Did this recall just come out?

Old 10-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

I PM WaltB about the tune/pulley and he convince me to go for it. He loves his tune/pulley and has nothing but positive things to say. I really would like to get it as well after talking with him but I'm having a hard time finding someone willing to do the install. I called ten different places and when I told them that it was for a Jaguar, They drop me like I had the plague.. After much debate, I finally make up my mine and run right into a wall.

Last edited by Redjaguar100; 10-29-2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Yup the access port was awesome
Hmmmm, I think Jaguar uses a Bosch ME 2.8 ECU

Dimsport MyGenius - ECUPROGRAM Performance Tuning

Last edited by aliensporez; 10-30-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:10 AM

Hmmmm, I think Jaguar uses a Bosch ME 2.8 ECU

Dimsport MyGenius - ECUPROGRAM Performance Tuning
This is what it says under the tune on the eurocharged website

Flash Type: OBDII
MyGenius Compatible: Yes

Hmmm..

Anyone had them load their tune with your stock tune on this and successfully flashed back and forth without taking it back to them?

Old 10-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Can't you guys start a new thread….this is getting toooooo long !

Old 10-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Redjaguar100
I PM WaltB about the tune/pulley and he convince me to go for it. He loves his tune/pulley and has nothing but positive things to say. I really would like to get it as well after talking with him but I'm having a hard time finding someone willing to do the install. I called ten different places and when I told them that it was for a Jaguar, They drop me like I had the plague.. After much debate, I finally make up my mine and run right into a wall.
RedJ. If you have no issue coming to LI ...I have the right guy at TTM. Knows his stuff and my Jag has been outstanding since he has managed its performance mods. Let me know.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump

I had my Eurocharged tune and pulley done in January of this past year and I have had no problems at all. Just a lot of enjoyable time behind the wheel...

The following users liked this post:
Eurocharged (01-15-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default XF Supercharged 5.0

I bought an Eurocharged 1.5 pulley that I have not installed yet. I need to find a good puller tool to complete the install. I am also interested in a tune, and found a company called IAP Racing in Northern VA. The owner used to work for Eurocharged in VA. He said he now installs OE Tuning tunes. Is anyone familiar with this tune by chance? Also, any recommendations on the best way to do the pulley? I'd prefer avoiding cutting it off if I can.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

The only place I've heard of is Mina who has a loaner pulley puller that they customized. I went to a couple of shops and no one had anything that would work so they had to cut it.

I had a custom tune put in by a local tuner. You could contact them and they can help you I stall it remotely with a laptop. Or you could pull the ecu and send it to them to get programmed. If you search "Jailbreak" you can see all of my dyno runs and know how much power it will make (I have the Eurocharged pulley as well).

From what I understand, Eurocharged in VA was only open a short amount of time and they didn't seem very competent from some of the dyno charts they gave to customers. Many are satisfied with Eurocharged in Houston though, so not bashing Eurocharged, just want to make you aware of those involved in VA caused us to have a reason to question.

Last edited by 2010 Kyanite XFR; 01-14-2015 at 10:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Eurocharged (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MarylandJag
I had my Eurocharged tune and pulley done in January of this past year and I have had no problems at all. Just a lot of enjoyable time behind the wheel...

Originally Posted by mooreman6
I bought an Eurocharged 1.5 pulley that I have not installed yet. I need to find a good puller tool to complete the install. I am also interested in a tune, and found a company called IAP Racing in Northern VA. The owner used to work for Eurocharged in VA. He said he now installs OE Tuning tunes. Is anyone familiar with this tune by chance? Also, any recommendations on the best way to do the pulley? I'd prefer avoiding cutting it off if I can.
We can help you out with the tuning, as we know the car and pulley very well!

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
From what I understand, Eurocharged in VA was only open a short amount of time and they didn't seem very competent from some of the dyno charts they gave to customers. Many are satisfied with Eurocharged in Houston though, so not bashing Eurocharged, just want to make you aware of those involved in VA caused us to have a reason to question.
right on the money!

Old 01-15-2015, 11:30 AM

Will your tune pass Texas emissions?

Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Will your tune pass Texas emissions?
Yes no problem! As long as you keep cats on your car

Old 01-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I called your shop (Eurocharged) today and asked what model pulley puller you use. The contact was going to research and call me but I did not hear back. Can you comment on what puller to use to install, or do you rent to customers? Also, what's the expected peak HP and torque with your 5.0L tune with your 1.5psi pulley?

Quick Reply: Eurocharged ECU tune and pulley combo