XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Extended Warranty: YES or NO ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jaguar offers an extention of your factory warrenty. I extended my warrenty from 4 years to 6years and 100k miles. Cost me $3k.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by bryce804
Jaguar offers an extention of your factory warrenty. I extended my warrenty from 4 years to 6years and 100k miles. Cost me $3k.
What is the name of the company that stands behind this extension? I had thought that corporate Jaguar got out the extended warranty business some time ago, so now each dealer peddles whatever third party warranty helps their cash flow. I could be wrong....

Old 01-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMike
What is the name of the company that stands behind this extension? I had thought that corporate Jaguar got out the extended warranty business some time ago, so now each dealer peddles whatever third party warranty helps their cash flow. I could be wrong....
Jaugar. Its an extention of the original factory warranty through jaguar... It might only be for cpo cars though.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Got me extended warranty 48 months, 48000 additional miles for $3200. Will start at the end of april. Will be sleeping and dreaming of the new jaguar I will buy in 2116. He-he-he

Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

miamijag - who did you buy your warranty from?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:24 AM

Njxfsc, check your box.
Not 2116, my next new Jag will be in 2016

Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by macc24:
daomoniker (10-21-2015), Reaxions (06-09-2016)
Old 12-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bump up an old thread. Was planning to purchase a 09 XF SC and is holding my decision based on the warranty concerns.

miamijag, that was one of the best price I have read about extended warranty for XF. Could you please post where it is from and any experience with the service? Thanks.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM

I got it online on www.carchex.com

The following users liked this post:
anuprn (12-21-2012)
Old 12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I would definitely get one. We had/have extended warranties with our 99 XJ8 and 2008 LR2. Well worth it. We had around $5k in service on the XJ8 covered. LR2 has been fine but still worth the peace of mind. It was $2500 on the LR2 for 100k miles. I don't remember the cost for the XJ8. But I found that some dealers were more willing to give you a better deal than others so shop around. We got the LR2 warranty from a dealership 50 miles away and the other warranty from a dealership in Northern California (I'm in LA). It can be done by phone, email, etc as it's just paperwork. Internet sales managers and fleet sales managers are good people to ask about deals. Prices vary because some dealership Finance and Insurance Managers (typically the person selling them to you at the time of the auto purchase) get a commission and will cut you a deal because they want that promo trip to Vegas. I have represented dealerships and warranty providers in the past and know the entire business pretty well. FYI - on the average these third party warranties are marked up with lots of room to negotiate.

Last edited by ajmarton; 12-21-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

The factory warranty Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty is really the best value for the money. Although its not an exact extension of the factory original warranty (read the fine print), it is very comprehensive and best of all you are dealing with the factory. Not sure how it works now, but back in the days when CPO program was rolled out, the only two ways to get it was a) purchase a CPO vehicle from a franchized Jaguar dealer or b)apply the CPO warranty if buying your own car off lease, again through a franchized Jaguar dealer.

From my experience in auto retail, make sure you research extensively when buying an aftermarket warranty. Do not assume anything in terms of coverage or let anyone convince of such unless you see it spelled out in the description of coverage.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for your suggestions. Found a 2010 premium and the dealer was able to add the CPO warranty for a very reasonable amount. Proud owner of my dream car now.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's a significant investment, always protect it. Or at least know a damn good reliable mechanic. IMO, an extended warranty is a must for a luxury vehicle. With all these extra gadgets that a lot of luxury vehicle have, it's just open up the window for more things to go wrong.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 AM

Hi All
I have the following car
Model Year 2004
Make Jaguar
Model S-Type
Trim 3.0
Body Type SEDAN 4-DR
Manufacturer Jaguar
Engine Type 3.0L V6 DOHC 24V

I paid it $9,000. What company should I go with for and extended warranty

Thanks

Marc

daomoniker (10-21-2015)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I recently had the "delight" of extending my warranty. I bought my 09 with about 1.5 years under mfg warranty (up until about 2 weeks ago).

I was able to get a Ford ESP (that is what the Jag dealer offered) from Ford ESP: Ford Extended Service Plans at highly discounted prices. Lowest Price Guarantee! for a lot less (about $1500 less). I drive a lot ~25K miles per year so I only extended my warranty for 2 more years to 100K miles. I am planning on getting rid of it before I actually hit the 100K mark.

Total cost was $4230, but you can call Bob Cline and he can help you mess with the numbers. He was really helpful in finding the right ESP for me.

XJL (03-18-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add to my post. I am in CA and had an issue with a few recommended warranty providers covering CA. EasyCare was a bit of a pain because I had to go through a dealer to get the warranty.

After I signed the deal with Zeigler I had a prescheduled apt at the dealer to finish some work and had them check the warranty and they said it was exactly what thy offered me (just cheaper)!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Hi All

For those who used carchex what do you think of their service?
I own a 2004 Jaguar S-Type with 47,000 miles. I looked at the platinum carchex warranty for 4 yrs/50,000 miles for $3,685. The issue is that there is a 1 month and 1000 miles wait before it takes effect. Costco is immediate but was over $5,000
What is your opinion and advice

Marc

daomoniker (10-21-2015)
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 PM
XJL
Received 142 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by alfredtv
So I recently had the "delight" of extending my warranty. I bought my 09 with about 1.5 years under mfg warranty (up until about 2 weeks ago).

I was able to get a Ford ESP (that is what the Jag dealer offered) from Ford ESP: Ford Extended Service Plans at highly discounted prices. Lowest Price Guarantee! for a lot less (about $1500 less). I drive a lot ~25K miles per year so I only extended my warranty for 2 more years to 100K miles. I am planning on getting rid of it before I actually hit the 100K mark.

Total cost was $4230, but you can call Bob Cline and he can help you mess with the numbers. He was really helpful in finding the right ESP for me.

I checked the Ford ESP Website and it says all you do is contact them and get authorization to get work done at the nearest Jaguar Dealer......that's a sweet deal!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
XJL
Received 142 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillwaters
The warranty on my My 08 XK ran out earlier this month. Like many of you, I have never seriously considered an extended warranty, but the repair costs on these cars are astronomical and I was growing more concerned as each day ticked by to the end of the warranty period.

So, after several weeks of pretty intensive research, I purchased a comprehensive extended warranty through CarChex.com. I looked at about a half dozen different sources before I made my choice. I felt any warranty company I gave my business to would have to be an active member of the BBB with at least an "A" rating, would have to provide me the contract first to review and compare with other contracts, and would have to have been in business for at least 10 years with as few "negative" reviews as possible. Carchex met or exceeded all those requirements and had some heavy hitting business partners as well. As I said in a previous post, I did discover a few things everyone should know:

1. No company I researched provided the absolute 100% "bumper to bumper" new car warranty we are used to enjoying in brand new cars. Instead, the most comprehensive aftermarket warranties are called "exclusion warranties" in that they will agree to cover everything in your car EXCEPT what is specifically described in the "exclusion" paragraph.

2. Warranty companies had some major differences over what appeared on their "exclusions" list. As expected, the ones with the shortest "exclusions" list, tended to cost more, sometimes significantly more.

3. Watch out for any general or generic statements in the exclusion paragraph that COULD be open to interpretation. The companies I talked to all had VERY specific and easy to understand exclusions. the company I ultimately went with clearly identified every specific excluded part by name.

4. One company representative I spoke with gave me a "heads up" to watch out for companies that excluded "wear & tear" coverage. At first, one might think it appropriate for wear & tear to be excluded, until it was explained to me that most suspension and transmission repairs run the danger of falling under the "wear & tear" category.

5. Make sure "wear & tear" is covered for the life of the contract and not just the first X number of miles.

6. Many companies exclude touch screens, "head's up" displays, and other similiar technologies. However, if the company covers factory installed Navigation units (mine does), then some (like mine) will cover the touch screen "if necessary to use the Nav unit"..

At the end of the day, I went with Carchex even though they excluded a couple of things I was not particularly happy about (e.g., the stereo system and the remote control transmitters & receiver). Taking everything I learned into consideration. the total cost vs. coverage was the most reasonable.

In my case, we warranted a 2008 Jaguar XK convertible for five years past the end date of the original factory warranty, or a total 100,000 accumulated miles (whichever comes first) for about $4,000.00.

BTW, want to know the one major intangible benefit of buying the extended warranty?

I am sleeping WAAAAAY better at night.....

With this plan, can you take your car to a dealer or one of their authorized shops?

Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

On any high end car that you plan to keep beyond the original warranty expiration date, you should purchase the manufacture's extended warranty. You will not lose on this. Trust me. DO NOT buy one of those scam warranties you receive unsolicited through the mail.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty: YES or NO ?