XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

F-type wheels for XFR

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:01 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default F-type wheels for XFR

Anyone have an idea as to whether the 20" wheels from the F-type would fit the 2010+ XFR?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Suspension is identical for current XK, XJ, XF and F Type. Wheels designed for one will fit the other. The only possible variation might be offset but I doubt that differs enough to matter. Offset is the ET number in mm stamped on every wheel and is easily compared from wheel to wheel.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:42 AM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

No chance with F type wheels......offset is way to wild.

the most you can get away with is XK-RS wheels which i put on mine and they are close on the back..........they sit fairly flush to the arches any more any you'll need at min arch rolling and maybe flaring.......

Old 07-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by damienedwards
No chance with F type wheels......offset is way to wild.

the most you can get away with is XK-RS wheels which i put on mine and they are close on the back..........they sit fairly flush to the arches any more any you'll need at min arch rolling and maybe flaring.......
What are the different offsets?

According to Coventry Wheels the offsets are the same. They certainly look the same at a glance.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts
Default F-type wheels for XFR

I heard the F-Type offsets are 55mm front and 38mm rear for the 20inch staggered setup. If so that's quite different from my XF SC 2010 which is about 49 front and 66 rear (writing from memory so not exact numbers). But - would need to adjust as mine are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear width and the F-Type is 9 front and 10.5 wide rear
There are online tools that let you adjust for this difference as offset is measured from center of the wheel so a wider wheel of same offset will stick out more

If someone does the calcs I'd be interested to know

XK wheels also had different offsets on the rear from what I could tell when I was shopping around for wheels

I personally think a lower offset on the rear looks better, but 38mm plus wider wheels may be too much...

Old 07-25-2015, 03:15 AM

Britcar is spot on......if its 66mm you'll have 12.1mm on width and 28mm on the offset so on the face of the wheel as it is now you will have 40.1mm extra sticking out!! .....grab a piece of wood or somethin to the thickness of the above and put it on the face of the wheel to see where the wheel would be in relation to youre arch.......you'll be suprised how much difference it is.......even 10mm offset difference makes a big difference......

The XK RS has 52mm offset rears so balances out the extra width a little.........so extra sticking out on these wheels is the width 12.1mm + offset difference 26.5mm.......i'd say the stance is near perfect.........on the fronts the XK RS wheels stick out another 6mm over the standard XFR.

The F type R wheels on the front due to the lower offset would sit another 3mm further in the wheel well.......you would probably get away with this.

Hope all my ramblings help buddy

Last edited by damienedwards; 07-25-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member

Largest XF wheels are 20 x 9 ET 50 front and 20 x 10.5 ET 62 Rear fitted to the XFR S.

Larger offset ET numbers tuck the wheel closer to the suspension. Wider wheels fitted to the same car usually use smaller ET than for narrower wheels, but not always.

As far as I know the XFR S has the same bodywork as the other XF lineup. It fits a different rear subframe but I doubt it uses any different suspension points.

Where are we finding the F Type ET numbers? It would be a bit weird for the narrower front wheel to have such a significantly higher front offset than the rear. The rear wheel is already 38 mm wider so to maintain appearance would need an ET some 18 or 19 mm more at the rear.

Those numbers of 55 front and 38 rear would put the outside rim of the rear tire about 35 mm or 1.4 inches further out of the rear wheel well than the front tire. I've not looked that closely at an F Type for that feature but it would sure stick out on the showroom floor.

Reversing those ET numbers would produce similar "poke" front and rear, as the ricers would call it.

I know Callum is bizarrely smitten by oversized wheels, his one failing as a car designer, but surely even he isn't that crazy.

This page suggests F Type wheels fit only F Types:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...wheels-106741/

But apart from offset the fitment specs are the same for all modern Jaguars including hub bore.

Last edited by jagular; 07-25-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member

Britcar is spot on......if its 66mm you'll have 12.1mm on width and 28mm on the offset so on the face of the wheel as it is now you will have 40.1mm extra sticking out!! .....grab a piece of wood or somethin to the thickness of the above and put it on the face of the wheel to see where the wheel would be in relation to youre arch.......you'll be suprised how much difference it is.......even 10mm offset difference makes a big difference......

The XK RS has 52mm offset rears so balances out the extra width a little.........so extra sticking out on these wheels is the width 12.1mm + offset difference 26.5mm.......i'd say the stance is near perfect.........on the fronts the XK RS wheels stick out another 6mm over the standard XFR.

The F type R wheels on the front due to the lower offset would sit another 3mm further in the wheel well.......you would probably get away with this.

Hope all my ramblings help buddy
You have your ET numbers backwards. ET as a positive number so is more tucked in the higher the number.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

U.S. practice refers to this as backspace and I think US practice refers to the ET numbers as negative offset but I only use the ET which is expressed as a positive number and the higher the number the more the wheel is tucked in.

Wider wheels often specify smaller ET numbers because of space limitations between the rim and the suspension. It is less usual to encounter tire contact with fender lips unless the car is also lowered.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:28 PM

Ummmm no.

Youre incorrectly presuming that the center of the wheel in hub face is in the center of the width of the wheel and the same relationship front to back........the center of the hub face can and does vary front to back . The F type offsets are from wheels that are on e bay..........

how do i have my numbers backwards........XFR rear ET = 66.......F Type R = 38.........forgetting rim width for now which is in my previous post......they will stick out 28mm further........simples

Last edited by damienedwards; 07-25-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member

Not sure I understand your description. The ET is the measurement of the difference in mm from the hub face where it meets the wheel to the geometric vertical centre of the rim. That's what offset or backset or backspace refers to.

For ET numbers these are expressed as positive numbers and the higher the number the less the wheel sticks out from the hub. Larger ET means the outer rim of the wheel is closer to the hub face. The ET is intended to indicate how far into the wheel well the wheel is inset. You seem to think it means the opposite.

Therefore a wheel that bears an offset of 66 will be tucked into the wheel well by 28 mm more than the ET 38 wheels. If the rims are the same width this would look odd. The rear wheels would stick out too far. If you add to this the wider rear wheel fitted to the F Type (1.5 in wider or 38 mm) then lower ET would make it appear to stick out even more. One half the additional width is 19 mm which is how much further the rear wheel would stick out if given the same offset.

If your ET numbers are correct then in addition to a staggered look for the wider tires the rear wheels would stick out by 19 mm + 28 mm or 47mm, the full inch and a half of extra width plus a further 3/8 in approx. nearly two inches further out than the front wheels. ( easy metric conversion is to assume 1/2 in is 13 mm, it's actually 12.7 mm so a 13 mm wrench will usually undo a 1/2 nut but not vice versa).

Show me a picture of an F Type with the rear wheels sticking out that far.

Just btw I'd not rely on any numbers posted on eBay.

Last edited by jagular; 07-26-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:28 PM

Jagular.........

Absolutely agree with you......youre spot on.

but i'll say again matey that you are presuming that the front and back wheels (theoretical center) of wheel is in the same Y plane on the car.

i'd put money on the not being....

put anothet way the hub face or track width are not the same front to back on a vehicle...........not sure i can explain it any other way dude.

thats how you have two totally different offsets on the wheels and the actual face of the wheel sitting in the same or similar Y dimension on the car..........hope this helps

Old 07-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

My aftermarket wheels when you add the extra width and the lower offset, it makes my rear stick out 30mm more than stock. And I could easily go another 5mm without an issue.

Attached Thumbnails F-type wheels for XFR-image-3927462209.jpg  
Old 07-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member

Jagular.........

Absolutely agree with you......youre spot on.

but i'll say again matey that you are presuming that the front and back wheels (theoretical center) of wheel is in the same Y plane on the car.

i'd put money on the not being....

put anothet way the hub face or track width are not the same front to back on a vehicle...........not sure i can explain it any other way dude.

thats how you have two totally different offsets on the wheels and the actual face of the wheel sitting in the same or similar Y dimension on the car..........hope this helps
Sure, if the hubs don't line up but do they on the F Type?

The rear suspension on the F Type uses the same components as the XF and XK. To yield a different effective track hub to hub the subframe would have to be very different. This would really complicate the engineering of the chassis and for what purpose? Your point does illustrate the challenges presented by using non factory offsets though.

The question not yet answered is what the F Type ET numbers actually are.

Last edited by jagular; 07-27-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by chXFS
My aftermarket wheels when you add the extra width and the lower offset, it makes my rear stick out 30mm more than stock. And I could easily go another 5mm without an issue.
This is the standard solution when fitting wider wheels if the limit is clearance from the suspension.

As long as the fender lip will allow it you can fit wheels with lower offset than stock, but there is always a limit to how wide you can fit on the inside.

A commonly used solution to fender lip clearance issues is rolling the fender or, if you have access to the skills and money, fitting special fender lips as Porsche and others have done.

You ought to consider both suspension alignment and wheel bearing loading if you elect to run non stock offsets.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

According to the posts in the for sale section the F-Type wheels are:
20x9 ET55
20x10.5 ET38
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...wheels-146656/
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...clones-145377/

I am running Coventry wheels with the following specs:
20x8.5 ET35
20x10 ET39
These sit fairly flush. There is a little room for extra width.

According to www.willtheyfit.com the following will happens with the Coventry compared to stock(20x8.5 ET49. 20x9.5ET66):
Inner Clearance Outer Clearance
Front +14.4mm +14.4mm
Rear +21.7mm +34.4mm

The following will happen with the F-Type compared to the Coventry:
Front -26.4mm -13.7mm
Rear -5.3mm +7.3mm

The following will happen with the F-Type compared to the Stock:
Front -12.4mm +0.4mm
Rear +15.3mm +40.7mm

To run the F-Type wheels on our cars you would need a minimum spacer up front of 12mm. A 25mm (1") spacer up front would give you a similar offset to the Coventry and the rears would stick out another 7mm. This will be a very flush setup. Will these fit over the R brakes?

Name:  20150719_101405.jpg
Views: 2139
Size:  223.9 KB

The following users liked this post:
Datsports (04-18-2017)
Old 07-27-2015, 03:10 PM

Jagular......

Where are you getting your info from on the suspension components being the same for XF XK Ftype???

Just a quick google search shows completely different set ups on the rear subframe.........

We should have an F type or two in my sister factory over in Coventry so I'll grab some pics when i can

Ta ta for now

Old 07-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Front is identical. The face lifted XF even fits the same front upright. As far as I can see in the bad pictures I've looked at the rear suspension looks the same. Can't be sure about the subframe of course: XF is steel and F Type presumably aluminum. Why would Jaguar build a different set of rear suspension components just for the F Type?

Here are two pages showing the awd system for the XF and for the F Type. The rear subframe and suspension look the same to me:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/...rmed-for-2015/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/16/2...l-wheel-drive/

One set of pictures in the site link shows the quoted ET numbers though not prefaced by the letters ET, oddly. There's a 17 mm differential in offset and a 37 mm difference in rim width front to rear. Call it 18 mm more "poke" from the rear rim width and 17 mm more from the offset giving 35 mm total more than for the front rim.

Coventry Wheels gives offsets of 35 for 20x9 and 25 or 45 for 20 x 10.5 if you ask for F Type wheels.

They say the same wheels will fit the XF also.

I'm thinking the F Type R fits the same big front brakes as the XFR. F Type can be equipped with carbon ceramic disc setup at 398 mm front 380 mm rear. Iron brakes are 380 fr and 376 rear for both the F Type and the XFR.

Last edited by jagular; 07-27-2015 at 07:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Datsports (04-18-2017)
Old 01-28-2018, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nate96
According to the posts in the for sale section the F-Type wheels are:
20x9 ET55
20x10.5 ET38
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...wheels-146656/
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...clones-145377/

I am running Coventry wheels with the following specs:
20x8.5 ET35
20x10 ET39
These sit fairly flush. There is a little room for extra width.

According to www.willtheyfit.com the following will happens with the Coventry compared to stock(20x8.5 ET49. 20x9.5ET66):
Front +14.4mm +14.4mm
Rear +21.7mm +34.4mm

The following will happen with the F-Type compared to the Coventry:
Front -26.4mm -13.7mm
Rear -5.3mm +7.3mm

The following will happen with the F-Type compared to the Stock:
Front -12.4mm +0.4mm
Rear +15.3mm +40.7mm

To run the F-Type wheels on our cars you would need a minimum spacer up front of 12mm. A 25mm (1") spacer up front would give you a similar offset to the Coventry and the rears would stick out another 7mm. This will be a very flush setup. Will these fit over the R brakes?

Attachment 154086
So has anyone actually put a factory f type wheel on a xfr?

Old 01-29-2018, 08:07 AM
Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

[QUOTE=cbr629;1833047]So has anyone actually put a factory f type wheel on a xfr?[/QUOT
For what it’s worth I ran a set of ftype 19” wheels from my 2016 v6s on a 2016 xf was for a couple of months. No issues and looked great. I will try and find pics to postI had a 2013 Xfr running vorsteiner 21” with no issue and I see no real difference in geometry between 2013 rwd and 2016 awdYou should not have an issue. I friend of mine tried putting my factory Xfr wheels on his f type. Looked goofy as the rear Xfr wheels were too inset for ftype stance

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! Yes if you have the pics send them I would love a set done in a powder coated chrome and that set up with the wider wheels in the rear would be great on the R Sport!

Quick Reply: F-type wheels for XFR