XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Factory extended warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Factory extended warranty??

I am a long time MB driver and am about to get a new 2011 XF.

I wanted to know about extended warranties offered by jaguar.

With MB, they give you up to 30 days after buying a new car to buy an extended warranty. What they don't tell you at the Mercedes dealership is that the warranty can be bought through any mercedes dealership, not just the one you are buying the car from. Through mercedes forum, I discovered a dealer in california that is known to give a much cheaper price on the mercedes warranty. i gave that price to my local dealer and they matched it.

Anyways, was wondering how Jaguar works as far as warranty? Is it negotiable and does it need to be bought by the same dealer ou buy the car from?

Is it worth it?

Old 09-17-2011, 10:40 PM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The extended warranty on my 2011 XFR was over 7 grand. I didn't partake.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:38 PM

Ok, I found out some info.

At least in my local dealers, I asked about 2 additional years of warranty. It seems the best bang for buck was at $250 deductible and $100 deductible. You have up to 30 days to decide and no have to have car reinspected. After that, prices may go up. You don't have to buy it from the same dealer that you bought the car from, so it's negotiable.

I called one place and told them I was shopping around so she gave me the best possible price off the bat. Called another dealer and the price I got was definitely higher, so i told them about the first dealer, and they said they would match.

I am new to the forums, so i don't know if I am allowed to mention any sort of pricing on the this forum, but I would love to tell you guys the price I got and maybe we can keep this thread going as to other people who have gotten better or similar deals.

Let me know if I can post pricing.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have been shopping warranty service contracts. The Dealer through the "higher end" of Honda Motors wanted about the same as Easycare , which is recommended by Jag. A 2009 XK with 48,000 miles will cost me 5.4K with a $250 deductible for 50,000 more miles and 4 years. When I add that to the $3500 recommended service costs mentioned in another post...thats $9K if nothing breaks just to keep the policy inforce!

I have just about decided to wait and pray for a low repair rate. Buying a service warranty is a little like betting on the "Don't Pass" when YOU are rolling the dice....

I did research and Easycare seems to have an A+ BBB rating and been in business since the eighties. Quite a few warranty companies have gone out of business recently according to a "Warranty News" Letter I found on Google. Not much help...I'm sure people with warranties could tell us if they saved money over all or if "peace of mind" was worth the costs?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought a 09 xfsc a couple weeks ago and purchased the factory extended warranty. I paid $3k for them to extend the cars warranty to 6yrs 100k miles. They also threw in the tire and wheel warranty for free with it. Hope I didn't spend the extra for no reason.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:40 PM

Ok, I guess it is Ok to post prices for warranty.

On a brand new 2011 XF, 2 additional years up to 75,000 miles, with $250 deductible would cost a little over $3000 by the default dealer (dealer I am buying the car from.

The across town dealer told me $2560 for same easycare warranty, when I said I was shopping warranty (didn't even try to start off high).

For $100 deductible, it is $3072 ($3500+ by other dealer).

If you have gotten a warranty for brand new 2011 xf, please let me know how much you paid.

Last edited by superflysocal; 09-19-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my 2c

I have shopped dealers for quite a few warranties like this, I'm in TX and bought my Lexus warranty from Kansas and my Mercedes warranty from Georgetown TX (about 3 hrs away). I ended up saving a few thousand (yes THOUSAND) by doing that.

On these the main thing to remember is each dealer may quote different extended warranty companies and it may not be through the manufacturer, when I priced them they told me that Jaguar didnt offer them unless you purchased when the vehicle was new??

when I priced one for my 09 XF I tried to compare "apples to apples" and asked for the Easycare warranty which most of the dealers I spoke to considered "factory". I guess this may come from when Jaguar was part of Ford since I know that's what some Ford dealers call theirs too?? Either way be sure "your" dealer wherever your gonna take it to be serviced will honor it without issues. What I found is that most don't offer a true Jaguar extended warranty to where I could take it to any Jag dealer and them not question it at all.

Let me know how your search goes and I may give them a call too!! What I found it that for a Jaguar the extended warranty prices are ridiculously expensive to where it doesn't make much sense.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was specifically sold on mine when they told me it was not a 3rd party warranty. They told me it is the same as the original warranty as the Jaguar 4yr 50k, just extended to 6yrs 100k.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 AM

I was told it was not like original warranty but very close. Things not covered include wearable parts, brake pads, convertible tops, wheels and tires (of course). Things covered include factory radio/nav and electronics. I was told you can take it to any Jaguar dealer.

I didn't think 2500 was that bad for 2 extra years with a new XF (paid a lot more for a MB Gl450 extended warranty), but I am hoping it could be better.