XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

faulty parking sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default faulty parking sensor

I have a 2008 XF which I have only recently purchased. I am not sure if it is normal or a fault with the parking sensor. Today I pulled forward in to a parking space with a bush very close to the front of the car and the sensors started beeping to let me know I was a bit close. I stopped and turned off the engine and the beeping carried on. I then got out the car locked it when and did my shopping and when I returned 30 minutes later it was still beeping like mad.

As soon as I was clear of the bush the beeping stopped so it is clearly detecting things but not shutting off when the engine is turned off.

Any ideas would be appreciated wondering if this is a fault or simply a design issue with the computer

Old 03-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

My '09 does not do that, and since a lot of parking involves getting close to objects, it would not make any sense for this to be the default behavior. If nothing else, it will drain the battery. Have you seen any battery issues?

Old 03-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Definitely a fault. Does everything else switch off properly when you turn off the ignition? Eg lights, 12v power socket, radio and Windows etc? A few items should take a few mins to switch off, but the parking sensors should be immediate...