XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Free Jaguar extended warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Jaguar extended warrenty

I bought a 2010 XF late in the model year last year when the 2011's were out. I just found out from my dealer that Jaguar in their infinite wisdom GAVE me an additional 2 year/50,000 mile Jaguar Select extended warrenty (for a total of 6 years/100,000 miles) to make up for the fact that I could have bought a 2011 with the Platinum plan but didn't!!!

I was shocked to say the least. And very impressed. I don't know the details of what the cut off dates might be but those of you who also bought a 10 later in the model year might want to call your dealer and see if you are in the same situation!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Received 124 Likes on 87 Posts

At the risk of being a wet blanket, isn't Jaguar Select Edition warranty coverage for pre-owned cars? Could perhaps the dealer have already taken title to the car while it was in stock, and thus what you purchased was a pre-owned vehicle? I had thought that it was the province of the dealer (rather than Jaguar USA) to grant Select Edition status (and thus justify a higher selling price for a certified vehicle). I could be wrong, but when it comes to dealers I am always cynical.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMike
At the risk of being a wet blanket, isn't Jaguar Select Edition warranty coverage for pre-owned cars? Could perhaps the dealer have already taken title to the car while it was in stock, and thus what you purchased was a pre-owned vehicle? I had thought that it was the province of the dealer (rather than Jaguar USA) to grant Select Edition status (and thus justify a higher selling price for a certified vehicle). I could be wrong, but when it comes to dealers I am always cynical.
I can assure you I was the first owner at less than 100 miles and it was titled to me as new not a demo or used. I just checked the paperwork since you pointed this out! This was added by Jaguar, not the dealer. Well, that was what the dealer stated. Your point about dealers is well taken and normally I would agree with you.

But this is well worth 2010 owners who bought late in the year to check out! YMMV!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Received 124 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by RxCritical
I can assure you I was the first owner at less than 100 miles and it was titled to me as new not a demo or used. I just checked the paperwork since you pointed this out! This was added by Jaguar, not the dealer. Well, that was what the dealer stated. Your point about dealers is well taken and normally I would agree with you.

But this is well worth 2010 owners who bought late in the year to check out! YMMV!
Thanks for setting me straight. In that case, mega plaudits to Jaguar - not many car companies show this kind of support for their customers (hello BMW, are you listening? don't ask me how I know....).