XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Front Drivers Side Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly Part Number Fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Front Drivers Side Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly Part Number Fiasco

Has anyone else had to deal with replacing the 2009 XF Premium 8.2L (Non-Turbo) Front, Driver's Side Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly and ordered the wrong part? It seems that there are at least two different parts for this specific model. I have been through every forum and parts distributor trying to find the specific part. None of them seem to match up to the same size as the part removed. When you look at the two parts, the replacement part is about 1.5 inches longer in the cylinder housing containing the wheel bearings. The larger assembly does not fit into the wheel cavity and cannot be used. The common replacement part was valued at under $150. However; after a long ordeal of trying to find the matching part, I decided to go to the dealership. The part number and price quoted from Jaguar was completely different. Part number is C2D38987, and the price was over $600. WT? How can there be such a variance in the price? Even the mechanics that I took it to, were not aware of the part number or design changes. AS a matter of fact, I was getting a quote from a mobile mechanic to replace the defective hub assembly with a new one and the entire quote was $286.84. This led me to question again if they were looking at the right part and price. After the service did their own investigation, they realized also that there was a huge price differential, had to update their pricing for this service and re-quoted to just over $600 to replace. This type of merry-go-round is Frustrating to say the least.

I have not seen any posts regarding this specific situation. Please let me know if anyone else has had this experience. Hopefully this may even help others from having the same inconvenience that my wife and I are dealing with now.
Johnmart0000

Old 05-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

There are a number of variations on this item i can see.. If you wish to send me your VIN i can check which 'should' be specific to your model so we can compare to what you've been supplied?

Kind Regards
William@SngBarratt.Com

Old 05-02-2016, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the reply William. I am a newbie to this forum and I am unsure if it is safe to post my VIN number on here or if it is a common practice. I tried to research this topic but did not see any results. Pardon my ignorance. I'd be happy to be enlightened.

Thanks,
John

Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 AM

I was able to find the correct part through my trusted mechanic for a much more reasonable price ($270), Labor to install, $150. However; it should be noted that this year model has a variance in the part number, style and price. You should check with the Dealership and provide your VIN number to ensure that you have the right part.