XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Fuel Filling Problems in 2015 Jaguar XF

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to chime in, I have this same problem with my 2010 XFR, but oddly only at certain gas stations. Of course one of them would have to be the one closest to my house.

Either way, good to hear there's a service bulletin out on it. Will have to have them look at it the next time I take it in.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Logged onto this site, haven't visited in awhile.

I had this exact same problem. It was fixed by Jaguar.

They replaced pretty much everything to do with the filler system and the gas tank, including the gas tank.

Jaguar should now have enough knowledge to fix this problem. They fixed it on my 2013 XF to my complete satisfaction. Just keep taking it back to them until they fix it. Tell them to keep it, and use their loaner car, until they fix it.

I live is So. California, and my dealer gave me good support. The did initially moan about us not using the pump correctly, like that is something hard to do !! I'd just tell them I've been filling up cars for about 40 years, and this is the first one I've had problems with. They should fix it eventually.

Good luck !

Old 01-21-2016, 06:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blanchman
Logged onto this site, haven't visited in awhile.

I had this exact same problem. It was fixed by Jaguar.

They replaced pretty much everything to do with the filler system and the gas tank, including the gas tank.

Jaguar should now have enough knowledge to fix this problem. They fixed it on my 2013 XF to my complete satisfaction. Just keep taking it back to them until they fix it. Tell them to keep it, and use their loaner car, until they fix it.

I live is So. California, and my dealer gave me good support. The did initially moan about us not using the pump correctly, like that is something hard to do !! I'd just tell them I've been filling up cars for about 40 years, and this is the first one I've had problems with. They should fix it eventually.

Good luck !
My car has the same problem. 2015 XF Sport, what dealer did you go to here in so cal?

Old 01-24-2016, 01:07 AM

I live in Ventura. I bought the car and go to the local Ventura jag dealer...

Old 01-29-2016, 12:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep taking it back to the dealer until it gets fixed. Supposedly there is a bulletin out on this issue so Jaguar knows about it. My XF is currently in for this issue waiting on a part. Hopefully it will fix it it, once I get it back I will update.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had some problems with this, filling the car up, since I got my 2010 XF SC back in December. Seems to be very dependent on the nozzle though.

At one of the local gas stations I frequently use (because of convenience and price) the nozzle shuts off between 7 and 10 times before the tank is full, but at the next station on the next block it only shuts off once the tank is about a quarter gallon from full.

Never had a problem with the Mustang I used to drive, so it seems like it's XF related but also very much dependent on the nozzle.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I had my fuel filler neck changed due to a piece breaking and blocking the hole. The SM said that they put the new design in. After using it the fuel filler doesnt fit so nicely in as the old design did.

I caught the filler at least twice capping pre-maturely and found it working fine on some filler nozzles. I think the designed fuel filler port is just not adaptable to all fillers. For me the nozzle shut off quick not even partly full I had to use low pressure and freeze my self filling the car up in the cold.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default First time filling up, 2015 XF stopped many times

New owner of a 2015 XF Portfolio. Very first time putting in gas and the nozzle would stop every 10 seconds constantly. Ended up pulling it out 1/2 way and using 1/2 pressure and it filled ok. I know that some pumps/stations I use have really high pressure pumps where others are much lower. I'm not a fan of trying to squeeze every last drop into a tank, so having this happen isn't ideal. But I can say my first 2 weeks with the car have been heaven.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EricinNH
New owner of a 2015 XF Portfolio. Very first time putting in gas and the nozzle would stop every 10 seconds constantly. Ended up pulling it out 1/2 way and using 1/2 pressure and it filled ok. I know that some pumps/stations I use have really high pressure pumps where others are much lower. I'm not a fan of trying to squeeze every last drop into a tank, so having this happen isn't ideal. But I can say my first 2 weeks with the car have been heaven.
Sorry to hear that it's been that bad for you. I've had some problems with filling (especially at this one gas station) but not that bad. I've found that in my case, when this happens, it helps to try to rotate the nozzle a bit clockwise once it's in the filler hole, as much as the nozzle allows of course. For some reason that helps. Downside is that I have to manually hold it in place for as long as I'm filling up.

I'm glad you love your cat! I'm on my third month with my XF now and I'm still in heaven!

Old 02-24-2016, 09:55 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts

I've had Two Jags now..And in both cases I've had to run the pump nozzle on the slowest click position..I never have a problem until it's almost full..and I have to squeeze in maybe a half gallon at most until it's full to the fill hole.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Fuel Filling

Ericin NH and Others,

I also own a 2015 Portfolio 3.0 SC which was bought brand new.

I experienced the fuel filling problem from day one and tried everything that other members have tried. IE; Different gas stations, different nozzle positions, slow pressure as well as fast filling rates, etc. etc... Even with these techniques I would get maybe 3 out of 10 times when the car would fill properly and without any problems.

I lived with this until I read about the Jaguar approved fix which was to replace the fuel filler neck with a new re designed neck.

Dealer A supposedly replaced the neck with re designed parts and as soon as I drove away from the dealership I experienced the same exact problem. Dealer A then said that they would need the car for a week to contact Jaguar Corporate and do a much more in depth troubleshooting procedure. They never even tried to fill car after they had supposedly replaced the filler neck with revised model.

Having no confidence in this dealer I took the car to Dealer B and brought all of my paperwork showing what had been done by Dealer A.

My service advisor at Dealer B spoke with the Parts Manager and checked out the part numbers that Dealer A had used. It was immediately determined that the parts used at Dealer A were NOT the re designed filler neck, etc. but the original standard outdated parts. Dealer A had previously assured me at multiple times that they were using the revised filler neck. They either lied or just did not know or care enough about what they were doing.

Dealer B had the revised parts in stock and changed the "new" filler neck using the revised parts. They then took the car and it filled up perfectly. The entire job took less than two hours.

It has now been 6 months of weekly fill ups and I have not experienced even one problem with filling the car at any station, any filling rate, any nozzle position, etc...

Every member on this forum who comments about nozzle positions, gas stations, fueling rates, etc. means well but the real answer is to find a dealer who knows what they are doing and to get the new designed filler neck installed. Dealer B had told me that they did not have one single customer come back with the same filling problem after the correct and re designed filler neck was installed. I can only surmise that many dealers just don't care and are still using the filler necks that they have in stock, or they are ordering the incorrect filler neck and not the revised one. Good luck. This can be fixed!

The following users liked this post:
KASNINJA (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem with my 2015 XFRS. It is really annoying especially when i have to fill up almost every two days...

Old 02-25-2016, 12:49 AM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

I used to have this problem on my 2005 Infiniti G35x. Either the pump would stop or it would have to be filled very, very slowly. After a while, I found that it only happened at Shell gas stations. I switched to Chevron and NEVER experienced the issue again.

In addition, I rent a lot of cars for work and whenever I get a Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicle I can't fill it up at Chevron without using the funnel that they provide in the trunk of their cars.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the aspect about this that bothers me the most, is the continued attitude of the dealers. As of late, I have spent more time on the phone with Jaguar NA than the dealer. Tomorrow it goes in for new instrument glass ( another thread on this) after a two month wait, as well as the fuel filling issue, bluetooth and a seat that sounds like the goddamn tinman sans oil.

If anyone from Jaguar reads these, you could stand to have a chat with your dealers about client service, fixing things that are clearly not our fault or wear and tear. When we pay as much as we do for these cars, treatment should be a bit better than it is.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Same station, no issue

Update on my pumping issue. For my 2nd tank of case ever, I inserted the nozzle and gave it a slight twist to the left....not going completely upside down, but about 1/2 way. It filled like a champ without stopping once. I will mention it to the dealer next time I'm in for something....

oh and it took 15 gallons, 310 miles, so even with my jack rabbiting and first week of way too much fun stomping on it, I still got 20 mph.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:39 AM
Default Fixed mine

mis-fuelling flap has been triggered. Have a look down the filler neck and see if you can see a yellow flap. If you can, the reset tool is usually mounted on top of the battery in the boot.

Edit: video here, it's the same on the XJ as it is on the XF.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:03 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Bought my CPO XF in January and immediately noticed this fueling problem.

Figured it was a problem with the tank vent and have planned to take it back to the dealer "when I got around toit...".

Now I have some more (disturbing) information, but am wondering if there has been a TSB issued on this problem that I could mention to the dealer.

Also, is there any further information about the designed filler neck that I could bring to my dealer's attention?

Thanks

I'll let the list know what happens.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar
Current: '15 XF (X250) Portfolio AWD 3.0 (it's aubergine...)
Past B: '08 S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past A: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green

Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

>is there any further information about the designed filler neck

Found it:

http://www.cars.com/articles/2010-20...1420682615983/

================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine

Old 09-22-2020, 07:03 AM

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my XFR is supposedly a pre-production one - and as such, its' VIN (R44502) falls outside of the range for the service bulletin (R47154 to U88785). However, it's always been a pig to fill - with the exact symptoms listed in this thread.

Please can someone who's had the work done confirm the part numbers that need to be fitted, so I can source these and hopefully resolve mine too? thanks :-)