XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JagSTR2004
Any chance of a video to hear what this sounds like?

Also, this car is really crying for a lower pulley, or is that planned after more cooling mods? By my calculation, that would take you to 600rwhp based on recent dyno data from another XFR-S. I think porting the TB from Maxbore would also be beneficial. Im hopeful I can replicate these results when I upgrade to an XFR as I understand the engine is identical to the XFR-S so thanks for showing what's possible.
the xf supercharged, XFR, and XFR-S all have the same engine, the tune is different for each.
After 600hp we are reaching the limits of the transmission, and the half shaft. I think Kyanite on here actually snapped a half shaft on a hard launch.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kgill
How are the headers ? have you ran into any problems yet also the mina gallery intake does it void warranty wanted to get it on my xfrs
what country are you in? IN the United States we have something called the Mangussen Moss Warranty act, in short it says that to void a warranty the company has to prove that a modification that a consumer made caused the failure, the mina intake that only allows better breathing, wouldnt really cause a failure.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaeghl
After 600hp we are reaching the limits of the transmission, and the half shaft. I think Kyanite on here actually snapped a half shaft on a hard launch.
You are correct sir. I didn't get to see it but they said it looked like someone cut it with a saw it was such a clean, straight fracture. So metallurgy is definitely an issue. Replacement would have been about $1800. Was covered by warranty. Got my diff fluid changed for free as well

Old 05-19-2018, 02:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
You are correct sir. I didn't get to see it but they said it looked like someone cut it with a saw it was such a clean, straight fracture. So metallurgy is definitely an issue. Replacement would have been about $1800. Was covered by warranty. Got my diff fluid changed for free as well
In fairness, that does suggest the weakest part of the drivetrain at that point is probably the halfshaft though, which is somewhat preferable. Rather that than the driveshaft or the diff

Old 05-19-2018, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaeghl
what country are you in? IN the United States we have something called the Mangussen Moss Warranty act, in short it says that to void a warranty the company has to prove that a modification that a consumer made caused the failure, the mina intake that only allows better breathing, wouldnt really cause a failure.
Problem is the Mina intake is NOT emissions certified, so the Moss - Mag act is one road that might be covered, BUT non emissions compliance is the road they will take to circumvent the Moss - Mag Act.

Old 05-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by XFR-S Beast
Thanks BlckCat .... Now to battle the bad heat soak we noted on the dyno. I'm thinking bigger intercooler radiator and a better cooler pump. I'm also curious to see what this thing will do in the quarter mile... If I can get traction. It'll spin them in many gears if you aren't careful. Traction off is down right scary. Ha!
But consider wheel slip a stress reliever in the cars drivetrain. No wheel slip usually = something breaking in the drivetrain...lol Unless you've built that drivetrain up to the power standards you have reached.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

video and different sounds please (Idle, cruising, wide open throttle)

really wanting to hear what'll sound like

The following users liked this post:
GDUB (08-24-2019)
Old 05-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Unresponsive?

So far, I've left a voice message and an email requesting more information from Ardent. No response to either after over a week. I suppose I'll have to keep trying for a bit longer. I really want those headers for my XFR.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kgill
How are the headers ? have you ran into any problems yet also the mina gallery intake does it void warranty wanted to get it on my xfrs
Sorry for the delayed reply...For some reason i stopped getting email notified when someone replied to my post? I'm new here so I don't know why it stopped emailing me.

Anyways, ZERO issues with the headers. No rattling, no leaks, nothing. I've been VERY VERY happy with the full exhaust he did. I will have more pictures in about a month. I'm about to do some more mods that I'll be sure to share.

As far as the mina intake, I've had no issues with it other than me being suspicious of it being a contributor to heat soak (which is why I wrapped it). I was going to powder coat it, but I think the titanium header wrap would do a better job and it looks nice...almost matches a carbon fiber look.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by JagSTR2004
Any chance of a video to hear what this sounds like?

Also, this car is really crying for a lower pulley, or is that planned after more cooling mods? By my calculation, that would take you to 600rwhp based on recent dyno data from another XFR-S. I think porting the TB from Maxbore would also be beneficial. Im hopeful I can replicate these results when I upgrade to an XFR as I understand the engine is identical to the XFR-S so thanks for showing what's possible.
I will try and post one grainy video of me leaving coffee and cars. When I start the beast up and rev it, it draws a crowd. As I was leaving multiple people were asking me to rev it. The deceleration crackling with the valves open is truly wicked. Very unique. I had a Ferrari guy next to me at a light who complimented me on the sound and said he loved the crackling.

More videos will be coming...I'm looking at maybe starting a youtube channel with them all for the car. I definitely want to show you all the difference with the valves closed versus open, truly Jeckyl and Hyde. I'll make sure to have some at idle, some revving, some POV from inside while driving, and hopefully a high speed pass. This thing is real, no gimmicks.

As far as a lower pulley, I'm not sure I'm going to do it. Right now heat soak is my goal, then maybe? I have been worried about the capabilities of the engine, trans, and diff. Others have said the half shaft is susceptible as well. My warranty is up in a month, and I'm not even going to bother with an extended...which means I get to eat full cost of any damage I do because surely with the mods and specifically the tune, pretty much anything drivetrain related will be warranty void.

The engine in the XFR is the same as the XFR-S, however they got the XFR-S to pump out 550hp versus the 500hp on the XFR.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by croco
video and different sounds please (Idle, cruising, wide open throttle)

really wanting to hear what'll sound like

Going to post not that great of a video. Plans for more videos and possibly a YouTube channel for it in the near future. Pics coming shortly too!

Old 05-26-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by GritsNCornbread
So far, I've left a voice message and an email requesting more information from Ardent. No response to either after over a week. I suppose I'll have to keep trying for a bit longer. I really want those headers for my XFR.
Hmmm...I just saw him a couple days ago. I'll get a hold of him and let him know to check his darn email and messages. He's in the works of adding the Jag section to his website. I think he's planning on putting photo's and vids of my car and my set up on there too. He's recently done a couple of full exhausts on new Range Rovers with our motor too...I know one of them gained 80hp just with his headers and exhaust set up and the good ECU tune.

I promise I'll get a hold of him and have him return your call. He's usually really good with returning calls, but I'll tell you that guy is seriously busy. I love going to his place and seeing the modded exotics he works on. Impressive.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Default A grainy exhaust vid and a few overall pics

First time trying to upload a video...we'll see how this goes. It's a grainy one from me leaving a coffee and cars event a few weeks back. I promise to post better vids in the future. As mentioned before...possibly a YouTube channel as well. Throwing in a couple overall pics of the car too...just for good measure :-)

I reiterate to everyone, the exhaust has been bulletproof since it's been done. Truly outstanding in my opinion. I've had numerous high performance vehicles with full custom exhausts on them, and this is by far the best one I've had yet.

Attached Thumbnails Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)-img_4517.jpg   Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)-img_4713.jpg   Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)-img_4714.jpg   Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)-img_4715.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Jag on Dyno.MOV (1.33 MB, 539 views)
The following 3 users liked this post by XFR-S Beast:
Datsports (05-26-2018), harryf (06-05-2018), Panthro (06-03-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Angry Whoops...

Looks like next time I'll preview my post to ensure pics don't end up sideways!

Old 06-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just emailed Ardent as well! those mufflers look so sexy. I NEED THEM.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:57 PM

How much quieter does the valve make the exhaust??? NEED those mufflers

Old 06-03-2018, 09:27 PM

CanafaXFR.... The valves closed make them very streetable and eliminate any droning on the highway. It is a little louder than stock even with them closed, because they are flowing more freely. The crackling on deceleration is also more than stock with them closed. People at stop lights always comment how awesome that sounds. My wife is not big into cars, so being able to close the valves for her daily driving was a must. Open valves with straight pass through sounds just race car savage....i drive mostly with them open because I love hearing the car. Videos soon (doing more upgrade work on the car currently).

Old 06-03-2018, 09:32 PM

Sounds amazing and like exactly what I’m looking for, even if I dont do the headers. Hopefully ardent comes through and I can get one for my xfr!

Thanks for the info! Look forward to the vids.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:56 AM

Well seems like this ryan guy is very busy and who knows when I’ll hear back or he’ll get the jag section up! So I found This scouring the internet for valved mufflers haha appears that it would fit! Exact same mounting points and 2.5 inch piping. Looks like nice build quality! Ardent mufflers look so damn good tho... i hate trying to be patient, especially when the stock XFR is so quiet!!!!! Grrrr Jaguar XF V6 3.0 SUPERCHARGED | Xcentric Exhaust System

Old 06-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Anyone know if there is a difference between the stock XFR-S axle back exhaust and the XFR Axle back exhaust?

I know the XFR-S comes with the X-Pipe from the factory, but seeing if there are any other differences?

Quick Reply: Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)