XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by H.Jones
Anyone know if there is a difference between the stock XFR-S axle back exhaust and the XFR Axle back exhaust?

I know the XFR-S comes with the X-Pipe from the factory, but seeing if there are any other differences?
I have read conflicting reports on this.
Some say the rear mufflers are identical, some say the XFR-S mufflers don't have the "quiet/loud" valve and they are loud all the time.
I suspect the first run of XFR-S used the same mufflers as the XFR but later changed to "no valve" mufflers.

The following 2 users liked this post by OzXFR:
H.Jones (06-08-2018), Puntoboy (06-11-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Some say the rear mufflers are identical, some say the XFR-S mufflers don't have the "quiet/loud" valve and they are loud all the time.
I suspect the first run of XFR-S used the same mufflers as the XFR but later changed to "no valve" mufflers.

Thanks for the useful info OzXFR!!!, I have taken my stock one out, and the 2015 XFR-S is a loud all the time exhaust (no valve).

The following users liked this post:
MarkN (07-20-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to say the stock xfr-s mufflers DO NOT have a powered exhaust valve. The best I can tell when you put it in dynamic mode it may keep the exhaust valve open just slightly longer? It surely gets louder in dynamic mode and more crackling on deceleration.

Sorry CANADAXFR, Ryan is very busy and is trying to get this all set up for us jag performance guys. I may have posted his Ardent exhaust a little pre maturely. Trust me, it's definitely worth the wait and it will come online soon.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:13 AM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
That's correct, the XFR has a pressure activated valve, but the XFR-S doesn't have the valve, they are similar to how the XFR would be fully open.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by H.Jones
Anyone know if there is a difference between the stock XFR-S axle back exhaust and the XFR Axle back exhaust?

I know the XFR-S comes with the X-Pipe from the factory, but seeing if there are any other differences?
Lucky for you North Americans, us Brits don't get the X-pipe from the factory. I had to fit one.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by XFR-S Beast
Sorry CANADAXFR, Ryan is very busy and is trying to get this all set up for us jag performance guys. I may have posted his Ardent exhaust a little pre maturely. Trust me, it's definitely worth the wait and it will come online soon.
I'm still over here, waiting as well. No responses to phone calls or emails still, but I'll deal with that to get my hands on this stuff eventually. Hopefully soon.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by GritsNCornbread
I'm still over here, waiting as well. No responses to phone calls or emails still, but I'll deal with that to get my hands on this stuff eventually. Hopefully soon.
I spoke with Ryan at Ardent-Performance this morning. It looks like there may be a problem with his contact stuff on the website. Ryan has asked that I share the below contact info for him in the meantime. I promise no games or gimmicks here, and that Ryan is a great guy and runs a good business. Hope this helps!

Jakeyfab@gmail.com
602-687-8270

GritsNCornbread (06-20-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by CanadaXFR
Well seems like this ryan guy is very busy and who knows when I’ll hear back or he’ll get the jag section up! So I found This scouring the internet for valved mufflers haha appears that it would fit! Exact same mounting points and 2.5 inch piping. Looks like nice build quality! Ardent mufflers look so damn good tho... i hate trying to be patient, especially when the stock XFR is so quiet!!!!! Grrrr Jaguar XF V6 3.0 SUPERCHARGED | Xcentric Exhaust System
I spoke with Ryan at Ardent-Performance this morning. It looks like there may be a problem with his contact stuff on the website. Ryan has asked that I share the below contact info for him in the meantime. I promise no games or gimmicks here, and that Ryan is a great guy and runs a good business. Hope this helps!

Jakeyfab@gmail.com
602-687-8270

IppoJ (09-20-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by IAMJOND

Thats’s awesome. I’m newto the Jag community as well and just got my Mina intake tube in with k&n filters this week. I’m in the Valley as well so I will definitely hit them up to see what they can can do to make my 3.0 sound better. Good stuff!

Jakeyfab@gmail.com
602-687-8270

Old 06-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent him an email thanks for letting us know!!!

Old 06-27-2018, 11:08 PM

Sounds like I might Be getting a set of his mufflers by end of next week will keep any one interested updated and get some videos up of my 13 xfr with them on, my car will be stock besides that!

Old 06-28-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by CanadaXFR
Sounds like I might Be getting a set of his mufflers by end of next week will keep any one interested updated and get some videos up of my 13 xfr with them on, my car will be stock besides that!
Awesome. I'm excited for you to get them. Curious how they turn out without the headers and x-pipe/resonators upgraded too. You'll have to let me know! :-)

Old 07-19-2018, 03:13 PM

Got the Ardent Performance mufflers installed and I LOVE them. Valves work great. fast, slick operation of the valves. Closed it is just a bit louder then stock and no drone. perfect. And opened it awakens the beast, loud, deep and throaty but cruising there really isnt much drone at all. its excellent. Build quality is on point as well. Ryan is working on perfecting the mid pipe still, and ill be most likely adding that in the future. An x pipe would make the sound perfect imo, just a touch smoother would be ideal to my ears but it sounds amazing already too!!! but all XFR's seem to have that compared to XFRS's with their x pipe in the stock mid pipe. Below is a youtube video I took quickly and a picture of the black tips on a white car! The driveaway is with valves open.

MarkN (07-20-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 03:47 PM

CANADA/XFR glad you like it. Sounds great with just that back half done...I was surprised. I feel you getting the itch for Ardents bad boy headers and that mid x pipe coming in your future haha 😁 (With a good tune). We are still playing around with my mid x pipe and resonator. I think it sounds just fine but Ryan is a bit of a perfectionist and wants it even better. Your YouTube video sounds good! I love hearing the small mechanical sound of those valves opening and closing. I was surprised how instantaneously they operate. Let me know if you ever have questions about any of it, I'm getting pretty used to mine and really hammer on it often.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:30 PM

I was Surprised too! Haha ya my plan is to do just x pipe and probably a velocityap tune (I like to support Canadian companies lol) then go from there! Does your remote have an auto button on it? Mine does and me or my mechanic aren’t sure if it does anything, just sounds closed even if I give It juice haha maybe need to test it more.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 PM

Yes it does have the auto button, it doesn't do anything. Might be a possibility in the future to add a module that when on auto it opens based off of a pre designated boost pressure reference, but for now it doesn't do anything. I mounted mine vertically with double sided Velcro right above the driver's side window controls and beneath the door handle. At night the ambient lighting on the door hits it perfect to see. Velcro of course in case you have to take it off to change the batteries.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by XFR-S Beast
Yes it does have the auto button, it doesn't do anything. Might be a possibility in the future to add a module that when on auto it opens based off of a pre designated boost pressure reference, but for now it doesn't do anything. I mounted mine vertically with double sided Velcro right above the driver's side window controls and beneath the door handle. At night the ambient lighting on the door hits it perfect to see. Velcro of course in case you have to take it off to change the batteries.
I'd guess the auto button could be setup to allow the valves to open at WOT or above a certain throttle percentage.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 AM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Sounds nice! I still am happy with my Mina but those sound a tad louder perhaps...

Old 07-20-2018, 10:57 AM

The iphone mic couldnt handle the revs and doesnt do it justice haha might try another camera with a better mic sometime

Old 07-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Any pictures from under of headers would love to see fitment! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)