XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Genuine Jaguar parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022 | 05:30 PM
|
Arrow Genuine Jaguar parts

As most of us I've owned several brand of cars from Fords to Bentleys. Each brand has places to buy genuine factory parts at a wholesale or reduced price. These are usually dealers from various cities that figure make a little on factory parts from someone they never would of sold to. Is there such a place to get Jaguar parts at less than full dealer pricing. I do not mean parks geek or rock auto or the local parts store. I bought a Jaguar oil filter and it was over $30.00.

Old 04-14-2022 | 02:51 PM

I always shop around and always get parts for lots less than the dealer. I also discovered that Land Rover parts for my 5.0 are often interchangeable and way cheaper. I am not obsessive about using genuine factory parts and I have had good luck with after market.

Old 04-14-2022 | 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

Try jaguarlandroverclassicparts.com. They are genuine oem and have everything that is available. Baesed in the UK. Here in the US i like terrys jag in michigan. Good prices and fast shipping

Old 04-15-2022 | 08:43 AM
Veteran Member

One tip I always use is first find the correct part number. Once you have that then just keep working on that number. Plenty of brand new Jaguar parts all over EBay, Amazon and of course Jaguar dealers. BUT be sure you know what you need before ordering. Also do NOT discount Rock Auto they are just one of many suppliers and if they have what I need then I get it from them.

This leads into my second recommendation. If you are going to own a Jaguar for any period of time consider getting the full shop manuals. The JTIS is the repair manual and the JEPC is the parts catalog with all the blow apart diagrams identifying the parts. These are somewhat confusing and difficult to use but it is all we have. Both are available free on this forum and spending the time to get them installed and working is worthwhile.

You sound like a DIY guy so I won't mention that as I think you do your own repairs already?
Also since your new one other tip is LR usually has the exact same part under a different part number! This is VERY common and I have not found a good way to cross-over between the two different part numbers?

Old 04-16-2022 | 04:52 PM

Lots of the parts have the name of the actual manufacturer on as well as Jaguar, so you can often go with those, for example the diesel filters make by delphi, and delphi claim there's are oem quality so perhaps unless you're desperate to have jaguar stamped on those are worth a look.
This thread over on jaginfo.org maybe worth a look for some parts ( or a post if you find a good equivalent. )
SNG barret are probably worth a look too, and often tell you who the oem is for the original parts ( e.g. a lot of suspension components are lemforder )

Old 04-18-2022 | 09:32 AM
pab
Veteran Member

Yes, my mechanic just replaced my alternator. It is a standard Denso (w a Jaguar logo on the sticker ...).
Always try to get the part # and then look for "standard" parts.
==================================================
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '15 Jaguar XF (X250) Portfolio AWD
Jaguar - making mechanics out of customers since 1935

Old 04-26-2022 | 03:35 PM

Yeah, good luck with that. This is one of the most ludicrously frustrating parts of owning my car.

But, per clubairth1's suggestion, I usually start with making sure I'm looking for the correct part, which is a huge chore, in and of itself, as there are usually multiple revisions over the part's lifecycle, as well as multiple manufacturers. And, the same exact part might have multiple different numbers for different applications, i.e. Land Rover, Ford, etc. Then, when I've finally got a somewhat reasonable idea of what I need, I usually spend way too much time trying to track it down across various websites, as each vendor may have decent prices on some items, but also terrible prices on others. And don't even get me started on the ridiculously exorbitant shipping costs from the dealer options.

Anyway, one other option is to post a part query on the forums, as a lot of us have already been through all of that searching for years, so are familiar with the various parts, and might help you save some time.

Happy hunting.