XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

HD DVD HeadRest Monitor/Player for XF

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default HD DVD HeadRest Monitor/Player for XF

Hi All, I have sinned. I decided to put in a HeadRest HD DVD player monitor in my XF. I spent the half a day today doing this. Here are the results:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...arvideo-10948/
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...rearsml-10947/
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...overoff-10949/
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...eatssml-10950/

I bought the HD DVD player from Xtrons. HD906T model.

2x9? Digital Touch Screen Detachable Headrest DVD player - HD906T - xtrons.com

This is the touch screen model. At first was going to go for the smaller one since I thought it would match the seats better in terms of size. Then I found out the size of the headrest are the same for the 7 inch and the 9 inch just the design is different. So I took the plunge to go for the 9 inch.
One thing though is the Beige colour is not an exact match to the Barley of the Jaguar XF but it is close. So for those who are pedantic about it you may find this annoying but I have taken some photos to give you an idea of the colour difference.

Lucky I am in Hong Kong so I can buy and collect directly. For those who want a discount if I buy 4 I can get it at $390 each + add delivery. If any of you want one. With fitting though I still have my warranty so I did not attempt to get a it connected to the Jaguar monitor or through the fuse box as it woudl void the warranty. It has to be connected to the rear Cigarette lighter. Actually it is connected there but hidden underneath the socket so the socket is free to use. All hidden. Both monitors are linked so it can watch the same DVD. The DVD loads from the top. Would have preferred the side but no choice. But it has it's built-in speakers and both speakers connect if you choice the AUX selection on screen.

Overall I am happy with the results since this model is the only few who does HD. It can play games and listen to CDs and comes with remote control and the playstation type controller to play games. Let me know if you have any queries. I thought I 'd post this up for anyone who wants to attempt it.

Last edited by XFFan; 12-12-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Good job, I didn't know if 9" would fit nicely because of its bulkiness .

Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 AM

I had the luxury of driving to the distributor and comparing the 7 inch and 9 inch and matching it to the car. The headrest is same length but different design. I think both works. At first I was going to go for the 7inch since I thought it looked more like the original in shape but it does not touch screen. Also because the colour is slightly off the original barley I thought I would go the unit with less leather so it is not noticable. They both have detachable units. It does take about 2 hours to fit since you have to take off the back panel of the seat to run the rest of the wires. The wires are run down the seat but I did not use it. For the power had to left the click on panels at the side of the Cigarette lighter to tuck in the wires.

BTW, I have to say the Xtrons guys in Hong Kong are really helpful. Service is good. They came to my car to test it before I took the unit away.

Last edited by XFFan; 12-12-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming you don't have power headrests. I was told that you can't replace the powered headrest with the rear impact protection without having to deal with an error on the gauge cluster. If you were able to get around this let me know.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:18 AM

They are not power headrest hence able to do it easily. Vinyin, I:ll send you pics when I get back.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Click & Go DVD Monitors

I went with the Next Base system Click & Go 9 inch Duo. I didn't want to lose the headrest since they didn't have anything in London Tan. I also got a pair of IR headphones as well.

Attached Thumbnails HD DVD HeadRest Monitor/Player for XF-cag1.jpg   HD DVD HeadRest Monitor/Player for XF-cag2.jpg  

Last edited by hansolo94583; 12-31-2011 at 04:56 PM.