XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Heated/cooled seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 356 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaeghl
So this is weird. I have a 2010 Xf supercharged 5.0. I wanted to test the seats so I go out to the car today, turn off the A/C, tunr off the radio. Nice quiet car.
I turn the seat coolers on, I hear the little fans under the seats turn on, feel the air move. Okay, thats how its supposed to be.
I turn them to heat.... no fan. no noise, just slowly warming seats.
Um?? I read here that the cooling AND the heating work with the fans.
I don't think it does. It doesn't feel like it does on my backside either. The seats get so hot, it's just doesn't make sense it's hot air blowing on them.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
I don't think it does. It doesn't feel like it does on my backside either. The seats get so hot, it's just doesn't make sense it's hot air blowing on them.
I might because those cell can do different temperatures.
Like cooling 15 and heating 45 so, it has to compensate somehow. Simplest way is by adjusting fan speed.
This is just an example temp might be different, the important thing is that the system must elastic somehow.
Be happy, mine aren't working at all...

Old 02-06-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBzXJ40
Ok, so I've attached wiring diagram for your vehicle - Climate Controlled Seats.
There are 2 fused in central junction box #26 and #28, both are 20a mini fuses. Pull them out and inspect. Make sure there is power to them.

Everything else with the seats work correct, all movements etc.....
Hi, finally I managed to check the fuses. They're okay. Don't know if there's power though.
What else should I do? Do you know a good electrician for Jaguar?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Hi all,
I have the same problem as my driver seat has stopped heating but still cools, i have checked the fuses which are fine and so is the passenger seat for heating and cooling. I have listened for the fan and it comes on as suggested by Dave Tibbs above for both cooling and heating (heating is a lot quieter but put your hand under the seat and you can feel it drawing air) but when on heat the drivers fan goes of after a few seconds where as my passenger one stays on. Does this mean that my controller is ok but I have an issue with one of the heaters? Thanks

Old 10-31-2018, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jag 2009 XF s portfolio front seats are perforated seat and back , Drivers side did work up to last winter.

Drivers seat has no heating. Not checked cooling yet .

Have checked fuse 25 in drivers foot well ,but did not check for volts yet (tomorrow) I presume that the engine has to be running ,Do i have to sit in the seat at the same time as checking for volts ???? Passenger side gets hot with no one in seat is this the same for the drivers seat ???
Filters are off and fans can be seen to rotate when first switched on for about 30 secs then they stop. Engine has to be turned off and on to get them to run again .
Bellows ducting in back of seat in good condition.

Next step will be to tilt seat back to try and get to the connections under seat to see if they are loose ,though they look OK so far, but restricted vision.

Does anyone know how to test the Peltier heater unit in the back as i have the back off at the moment and could easily undo the connector to check for resistance ,Then i presume that the seat heater unit will be the same once i tilt the seat .
Have looked online for replacement Peltier heater unit but have not yet found any ,Does anyone know where to buy one apart from main dealers as i expect them to be mega ££££

ANY help or advice will be welcome

The following users liked this post:
Richard Rockett (01-20-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 02:03 PM

Is there any update on this? I have the same issue with the driver's seat, the fan starts and stops after a few seconds.
Removing the filter you can see it easily as they are hard to hear.

I don't get hot or cold however the passenger side is perfect.

Richard Rockett (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 03:35 AM

I'm am now having this issue my drivers seat heater kicks in for a few seconds and shuts off. The cooling works fine. My passenger seat works fine on both hot and cool.

Does this sound like a Peltier problem or more likely heater/cooling seat control module.

also is there an easy way to test the Peltier units, ie resistance across the pins or can you.not test them this way?

Many thanks

Old 01-20-2020, 08:08 AM

Richard I have seen no update on this as yet.Cant believe its been 18 months since i posted this .I have not worked on this since and i am surprised how quickly i got used to not having the seat heater working.That said i will tru to repair mine again because it is annoying when something does not work

good luck

Old 01-20-2020, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Richard Rockett
I'm am now having this issue my drivers seat heater kicks in for a few seconds and shuts off. The cooling works fine. My passenger seat works fine on both hot and cool.

Does this sound like a Peltier problem or more likely heater/cooling seat control module.

also is there an easy way to test the Peltier units, ie resistance across the pins or can you.not test them this way?

Many thanks
Mine is the same, I've taken the seat back panel off and all looks good and in fact brand new in the back. I guess its a case of replacing parts till it works!

Old 01-20-2020, 09:32 AM

mine looked brand new as well ,some have said the black tubing leaks but mine doesn't. I am hoping a technician could tell me which parts fail the most and start from there .
My last thought was to check resistances and voltages on the passenger seat as mine works fine BUT not knowing the operating tolerances may not be the best way forward

Old 01-20-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tapper
mine looked brand new as well ,some have said the black tubing leaks but mine doesn't. I am hoping a technician could tell me which parts fail the most and start from there .
My last thought was to check resistances and voltages on the passenger seat as mine works fine BUT not knowing the operating tolerances may not be the best way forward
I think I have found the problem in mine I switched the seat to only heat the back and it all operated fine. When I select the base as well it ***** both down. It seems likely by default that it the lower Peltier as I have stripped the chair and checked all the wiring.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Richard Rockett
I think I have found the problem in mine I switched the seat to only heat the back and it all operated fine. When I select the base as well it ***** both down. It seems likely by default that it the lower Peltier as I have stripped the chair and checked all the wiring.
Hi there, did you ever find the outcome of this problem as I've just tried what you said, the back works fine but when I enable both bottom and back it all stops

Old 08-22-2023, 07:23 PM

I have a 2013 XFR, and neither the heating nor cooling functions work. The peltier fans under the seat on both sides do not come on when powered up. The fuses in the fuse box are both 20's and both are fine. Can anyone advise what I should be looking at next or where I should turn my attention to?
Thanks, David

Old 08-23-2023, 03:35 AM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

This is the module for both seats in the UK it's under the drivers seat.

KiwiXFR (08-24-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 03:46 AM
Old 08-24-2023, 10:14 PM

Thank you, John. At first, I couldn't find the module and then dug deeper under the carpet. What a pig of a thing to find. I imagine it is just knackered, and I have no inkling of how to test it. What is the part number on this so I can order a new one?
Many thanks for your help.

Old 08-25-2023, 04:23 AM

Maybe worth checking that part number with a Ford dealer as FoMoCo on the label shows it's a Ford part.

Old 08-25-2023, 07:33 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Jaguar part number is C2Z25605