XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Hello all! 2011 Jaguar XF questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016 | 08:12 AM
|
Default Hello all! 2011 Jaguar XF questions

Hey guys and gals. couple questions:

1. bought her used - previous owner put a pin on the blue tooth. i'd like to get my phone to connect. barring you guys helping me i'm taking it back to the dealer to get it cleared.

2. Annoying as hell - the reading light, driver side, flickers randomly. i think the touch switch is bad maybe? i'm probably just gonna pull the bulb to keep it from killing battery in the middle of the night... unless folks have thoughts on that

3. the highbeams come on when turning on the turn signal. i'm guessing that its just the switch arm being touchy, or do i have a bigger concern here?

Old 01-20-2016 | 08:37 AM

Not sure about #1 and #3, but #2 is a common issue and should (hopefully) be covered under warranty.

The following users liked this post:
Daniel Thomas Eakin (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016 | 09:04 AM
Veteran Member

Can't you just go in the phone menu and delete the previous pairing and make a new one? I've never heard of a pass code for just the Bluetooth unless it was for a specific phone pairing.

The reading light is a common issue. Bad circuit board.

Have no idea on the highbeam issue.

Daniel Thomas Eakin (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016 | 12:21 PM
|

managed to fix the phone pairing issue... just had to try a half dozen times to get the car to give me a code when it found hte phone ... odd but resolved.

The headlight thing i confirmed the switch is very tempermental... i can accidentally set it to 'flash' the highbeams - but the mechanism seems worn cause the 'flash' stays on unless i push lightly against he indicator lever.

the circuit board thing... thats great. i'll call a dealer and find out what the damage will be.

Old 01-20-2016 | 03:06 PM
Veteran Member

With the flickering reading light, try replacing the globe with a T10 LED. This worked for me and has worked for others. I have replaced all my interior globes with LEDs and no problems with any of them, and an added bonus of much nicer light that the sickly yellow stock globes.

Daniel Thomas Eakin (01-22-2016)
Old 01-20-2016 | 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas Eakin
managed to fix the phone pairing issue... just had to try a half dozen times to get the car to give me a code when it found hte phone ... odd but resolved.
I had the same issue. Pairing through Bluetooth took a few tries before I got the PIN prompt and could successfully pair it. I repeated the exact same process three times before it finally paired successfully. After that - no problems at all.

Seems to me like the BT connectivity is just not very good in the XF, at least not pre facelift (2008-2011). Partly because of this issue, and partly (mostly) because it lacks A2DP support.

Old 01-22-2016 | 08:07 AM
|

Originally Posted by OzXFR
With the flickering reading light, try replacing the globe with a T10 LED. This worked for me and has worked for others. I have replaced all my interior globes with LEDs and no problems with any of them, and an added bonus of much nicer light that the sickly yellow stock globes.
i'll definately give this a go! thanks for the idea

Old 01-22-2016 | 08:17 AM
DPK
Veteran Member

I agree, I would like a brighter light..are the lens covers hard to remove?

And Ozzy, can you post a picture of what the type of T10 LED bulb like we should use?..TIA

Last edited by DPK; 01-22-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2016 | 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DPK

And Ozzy, can you post a picture of what the type of T10 LED bulb like we should use?..TIA
The lighting consoles, both front and rear, are dead easy to remove and replace.

The front console just pulls straight down, it's held in by four clips. Lever the front edge down with a trim remover tool or a screw driver wrapped in cloth, then pull down with your fingers. It comes clear of the roof and is then held on by just the wiring clip. Undo that clip and you can now take the whole console out. The three light globes sit in globe holders which easily twist out with a 1/4 turn. Take the globe holders out, swap the globes, reinsert the holders, easy peasy! But you need to check that the globes work before replacing the console, they must be the correct 180 degree orientation, if not simply pull out and reverse.
One trap for young players - make sure the new globes are not too wide otherwise they won't fit back through the mounting holes. I have found that 12 mm width is about the max.

Same with the rear lights, except that you simply take the glass/plastic cover off by using a small flat blade screw driver, if you look very closely you will see two tiny slots on the edge of it where you insert the screwdriver. Once the cover is off the console pretty much falls out.

I prefer the COB ("chip on board") LEDs, just go to eBay Motors and search under "T10 COB LED" and you will find heaps of them. T10 Cree LED are also good (and very bright), but they are more for "straight ahead" lighting. I've also used plain old T10 SMD LEDs, nothing wrong with them either for interior lighting.

DPK (01-22-2016)
Old 02-08-2016 | 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas Eakin
Hey guys and gals. couple questions:

1. bought her used - previous owner put a pin on the blue tooth. i'd like to get my phone to connect. barring you guys helping me i'm taking it back to the dealer to get it cleared.

2. Annoying as hell - the reading light, driver side, flickers randomly. i think the touch switch is bad maybe? i'm probably just gonna pull the bulb to keep it from killing battery in the middle of the night... unless folks have thoughts on that

3. the highbeams come on when turning on the turn signal. i'm guessing that its just the switch arm being touchy, or do i have a bigger concern here?
#3 - Turn signal arm loose. Same thing on my '11 xf. Part on ebay for $75.00.

Old 02-09-2016 | 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DPK

Check out this thread: Ultimate Q&A

Old 02-09-2016 | 06:28 PM
DPK
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
Check out this thread: Ultimate Q&A
Thanks Lew...much appreciated.