XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF

I purchased these Sport Pedals OEM off of Amazon:

Also available here as an official accessory: Jaguar International - XF Accessories - Interior

I asked the dealership and they'd charge me $70+tax just for labor so I decided to do it myself (how hard could it be?).
It seems that I need to drill with a 5mm head in both break and gas pedal to install them. I was wondering if any of you had done anything like this before and if you had warnings / recommendations before I go ahead and do some damage

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-jaguar-xf-pedal-kit.jpg  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

I have put the Mina performance pedals on my STR pretty easy job really. Use a good high-speed drill and bit designed for hardened steel, also helps to put a piece of 2x4 behind the pedals while you are drilling.

Be careful to make sure they are centered over top of the old pedals. The rubber pad comes off of the brake pedal, but the accelerator is a molded piece so you just have to go over top of it.

Good Luck!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jagitude
I purchased these Sport Pedals OEM off of Amazon:

Also available here as an official accessory: Jaguar International - XF Accessories - Interior

I asked the dealership and they'd charge me $70+tax just for labor so I decided to do it myself (how hard could it be?).
It seems that I need to drill with a 5mm head in both break and gas pedal to install them. I was wondering if any of you had done anything like this before and if you had warnings / recommendations before I go ahead and do some damage

Thanks!
I dont have OEM pedals (I bought the XF ones on ebay for $45 - thought they look good, not quite as nice, for 1/3 the price) You have to drill those ones in and it is quite simple.

HOWEVER, the OEM ones I believe just slide overtop. You will notice there are just black rubber pads covering the steel pedal. You can just peel those off and probably pop these ones one. I dont know 100% but this is what Jaguar's site says "the pedal kit fits securely over existing pedals" and considering how the rubber OEM ones fit I would guess these would be the same. Shouldn't be too bad and definitely not worth the $75 they would charge you for it. Just try for a nice Saturday afternoon and peel the rubber ones back. You will see what I mean.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by AaronW
HOWEVER, the OEM ones I believe just slide overtop. You will notice there are just black rubber pads covering the steel pedal. You can just peel those off and probably pop these ones one. I dont know 100% but this is what Jaguar's site says "the pedal kit fits securely over existing pedals" and considering how the rubber OEM ones fit I would guess these would be the same. Shouldn't be too bad and definitely not worth the $75 they would charge you for it. Just try for a nice Saturday afternoon and peel the rubber ones back. You will see what I mean.

Hope this helps!
I saw the same thing on the website. However when I opened the box, the instructions show one hole to be drilled on the gas and two on the brake. I'll post detailed pics as well when I get a chance.

Attached Thumbnails Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-1.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-2.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-3.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-4.jpg  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Default More pics

The rest of the photos, with instructions. Sorry for the inverts...

Attached Thumbnails Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-4.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-1.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-2.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-photo-3.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by jagitude
The rest of the photos, with instructions. Sorry for the inverts...
Neat set of pedal covers.

I can't get the images good enough to read the instructions. Does the text suggest there's any marks on the existing vehicle pedals to reference where the holes are to be drilled or do you need to measure these?

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-footrest-1.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-footrest-2.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

You will have to drill one hole through the gas pedal because the stainless pedal fits over the existing gas pedal. It's not hard to do because I believe it's plastic material. For the brake pedal there is no drilling required. Remove the old pedal and the holes on the new pedal (with new pad) line right up. 10 minute job in all. You've made a great choice. I have these on mine and even though they cost a lot more than some aftermarket covers, you can definitely see the difference in quality and appearance. IMO, of course.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ttboonie
You will have to drill one hole through the gas pedal because the stainless pedal fits over the existing gas pedal. It's not hard to do because I believe it's plastic material. For the brake pedal there is no drilling required. Remove the old pedal and the holes on the new pedal (with new pad) line right up. 10 minute job in all. You've made a great choice. I have these on mine and even though they cost a lot more than some aftermarket covers, you can definitely see the difference in quality and appearance. IMO, of course.

Fully agree. I have the aftermarket ones and I say these look WAYY nicer...having said that I thought the aftermarket still makes the car stand out from the crowd and thats really what I was looking for.

Now to decided if I want to buy the LED's for the blades...$600 but I think it's worth it (personally like the Audi look).

Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

The Mina pedals look really nice installed with the Dead pedal as well, A little more $$ but you get all 3...

Attached Thumbnails Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-dsc00348.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by cbharley10
The Mina pedals look really nice installed with the Dead pedal as well, A little more $$ but you get all 3...
Ahh yea those are really nice too. I haven't seen those ones before. They are not on their site. Defeinitely more racer style for a XFR. I still like the OEM ones the most. I do however like the dead pedal covered that you get with the aftermarket ones and that was the main reason I went with the ones in the picture below rather than OEM. But now I have the weathertech mats and it covers half of the deadpedal anyway haha. Have a look. Still like the classy look of OEM the most though.

Attached Thumbnails Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-img_1311.jpg   Help installing stainless steel pedal (official accessory) on 2012 XF-img_1500.jpg