XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Help with Ipod interface

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts
Default Help with Ipod interface

I have owned my 11 XF SC for about 4 weeks. Ipod has been connected using cable for about 2 weeks and has been working great. Today the song tracks would not advance using either the steering wheel control or the nav screen. Can only change tracks if I select a new song through the folder, playlist option on the nav screen. After selection it is stuck on that song. Nav screen always reads "trk 1".

The CD's advance either through Nav or steering wheel with no problem.

Any ideas on how to correct or what may be wrong?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
I have owned my 11 XF SC for about 4 weeks. Ipod has been connected using cable for about 2 weeks and has been working great. Today the song tracks would not advance using either the steering wheel control or the nav screen. Can only change tracks if I select a new song through the folder, playlist option on the nav screen. After selection it is stuck on that song. Nav screen always reads "trk 1".

The CD's advance either through Nav or steering wheel with no problem.

Any ideas on how to correct or what may be wrong?

Try another apple device(Iphone, Ipod touch, Ipad, etc.) and see what happens. I just had a similar connection problem with my 4s where it wouldn't integrate at all after 8 months of flawless connectivity. I ended up getting a new 4s from apple and it fixed this issue. But then when I re-downloaded all the apps and songs the problem returned. So IMO it's a device software issue, or connection port issue within the device.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLegend
Try another apple device(Iphone, Ipod touch, Ipad, etc.) and see what happens. I just had a similar connection problem with my 4s where it wouldn't integrate at all after 8 months of flawless connectivity. I ended up getting a new 4s from apple and it fixed this issue. But then when I re-downloaded all the apps and songs the problem returned. So IMO it's a device software issue, or connection port issue within the device.
After arriving in my driveway tonight, I disconnect the ipod, manually advanced songs on the ipod. Reconnected and it seems to be working normal again. I will give it another run tomorrow to see if all is still good.
Thanks for the reply.