XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Help Needed! Have a couple of issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 12:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help Needed! Have a couple of issues...

So yesterday when washing my car and opening my trunk and then closing it, the warning light that says trunk open stayed lit. This of course means that you cannot lock the doors! (at least on my car, a 2010 XF). So while looking at the issue and slamming the trunk a few times, the chrome trim panel broke! Pissed to say the least. Terrible quality, never had anything like this happen in any of my cars. So a couple of questions: I read most likely the issue with the trunk warning light is the wiring. Is this so? What else could it be? Also, been trying to find an affordable solution for the trim panel. Would like a black one if possible. Do you guys know any other alternatives? I do have the rear camera and I believe the part number is C2Z30926. Any help would be appreciated. This car has a bunch of issues I''ve never run into in any other makes (mostly BMWs, Cadillacs, Audis, VWs). For example my bluetooth doesn't work, won't connect, rear view camera, all suspension bushings, links, are shot at only 50k miles, the power steering shudders when turning wheel at slow speed, thigh support seat adjustment doesn't work on passenger side etc. Thankfully I do have a warranty that will cover some of them... Other than that I do like the car

Old 03-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

OUCH! Lots of bumps and bruises wish I had advice but I am NOT a DIY'er....

Old 03-30-2018, 02:27 AM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

You could check which wires are broken

Boot showing open but actually closed and the car won’t lock

If there are a number then you could replace the boot loom, which was upgraded

How to Change Boot Lid to Boot Loom

Old 03-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys! I found the culprit and sure enough two wires were snipped in the usual location (by hinge). Now fixed tje trunk problem and the camera is working Still got that broken panel to deal with Now held on by some good ole duct tape. Anyone still have any info on alternatives for the panel? Links?

Old 04-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Trim on trunk.

That trim falling off your trunk lid. Reminds me that on mine, it seems to be rust damage could be the culprit. I noticed rusted license plate screws just below it. Also had rust in the new LED licenceplate lights I've installed and replaced twice. When you get yours fixed, check to see if they can make it water tight!