XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

HELP!!(please) windshield wiper issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!!(please) windshield wiper issue

I have a 2010 xf which is no longer under warranty and my wipers one day began moving really slow, then they would stop completely for a minute, then resume normal function. A few days later, they stopped all together. When I say stopped, I mean they did not work on Automatic setting OR when I flicked it to the manual position for any speed.
The washer fluid spray does NOT work on command either..though if I push it to spray the fluid and then move the handle up or down it WILL spray the fluid out but the wipers do not move.

Now, a new wiper motor was purchased and installed today (by my husband..who is pretty handy with stuff like that so I feel certain he did it correctly) guess what?? Wipers still don't work!!

So we are thinking perhaps it could be relay? But we have searched HIGH and LOW for a schematic that includes the relay diagram and can only seem to find the fuse diagram and listing.

Does anyone have any ideas or have insight to which relay belongs to the wiper??

I love my car and always said I would replace it with another, but I'm beginning to doubt the intelligence of that!! Even when it is under warranty, it's still a pain to be at the dealer all of the time for TPMS failure, blind spot monitoring failure, tail lights going out and having to wait 2 months for a new one bc they're on back order?! Ughhh!!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmmm I'm definitely NOT that familiar with Jaguars but that sounds more like something in the stalk is bad with so many functions failing but begin to work with you move it up or down (shifts the wiring/contacts around).

Old 11-30-2015, 03:50 AM
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I realize this thread is quite old, but did you ever figure out what was wrong? My wife's XF seems to be in need of having the wiper motor change and is a project I will be trying this week. Any tips on removal and installing the new one would be also appreciated.