XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Hood louver flew off on the freeway!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 12:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hood louver flew off on the freeway!!!!

Im pretty mad right now, granted I was racing a mustang and hitting some speed, but my question is why in the world are these parts even removable?? The most annoying this is I had the lettering on mine custom painted and getting hold of that guy is a nightmare.

Does anyone here who changed theirs happen to have their originals still they may sell? In ultimate black?

Ill find out tomorrow what silly sort of money Jag want for one. smh.

Arrgh it ruined my damn night.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:35 AM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by webshark
Im pretty mad right now, granted I was racing a mustang and hitting some speed, but my question is why in the world are these parts even removable?? The most annoying this is I had the lettering on mine custom painted and getting hold of that guy is a nightmare.

Does anyone here who changed theirs happen to have their originals still they may sell? In ultimate black?

Ill find out tomorrow what silly sort of money Jag want for one. smh.

Arrgh it ruined my damn night.
I've accelerated past 150mph multiple times and nothing has ever fallen off my XFR (I hope). Not sure which side yours fell from but here are links to both the left and right louvers:

Louver, LEFT for 2010 Jaguar XFR|C2P22387XXX : Genuine Jaguar OEM Factory Parts sold at Wholesale Prices | Jaguar of Las Vegas

Louver, RIGHT for 2010 Jaguar XFR|C2P22386XXX : Genuine Jaguar OEM Factory Parts sold at Wholesale Prices | Jaguar of Las Vegas

Most dealerships will either match or beat the prices listed online so just call your local dealer and see what sort of pricing they can offer you.

Sorry to hear about your cat losing some of its hairs!

Old 11-29-2016, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by patrickw813
I've accelerated past 150mph multiple times and nothing has ever fallen off my XFR (I hope). Not sure which side yours fell from but here are links to both the left and right louvers:

Louver, LEFT for 2010 Jaguar XFR|C2P22387XXX : Genuine Jaguar OEM Factory Parts sold at Wholesale Prices | Jaguar of Las Vegas

Louver, RIGHT for 2010 Jaguar XFR|C2P22386XXX : Genuine Jaguar OEM Factory Parts sold at Wholesale Prices | Jaguar of Las Vegas

Most dealerships will either match or beat the prices listed online so just call your local dealer and see what sort of pricing they can offer you.

Sorry to hear about your cat losing some of its hairs!
Great thank you so much for the links! Ill call in the AM.. Hoepfully wont take too long it looks atrocious and im super **** with things like that lol . .

Yea I hit about 150 mustang couldnt catch it but this thing flew off! (Left)

Some people on here recommended taping it down with 3m tape i seen that a lot of peoples are a little loose.. Anyone know why exactly these are removable?

Thanks again

Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 AM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

I have my original in black as I swapped for Mina in chrome. Can save you some $$$!

Old 11-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

arent they originally held down with 3m tape? sucks that it happened, but good excuse to get some CF ones or mina

Old 11-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,208 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
arent they originally held down with 3m tape? sucks that it happened, but good excuse to get some CF ones or mina
Nup, no tape at all on mine when I removed them to see if I could stop them rattling, just plastic clips.
I fixed the rattling by sticking them down all around with double-sided tape..

Old 11-29-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Nup, no tape at all on mine when I removed them to see if I could stop them rattling, just plastic clips.
I fixed the rattling by sticking them down all around with double-sided tape..
So there's no hardware then right?

Old 11-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

So there's no hardware then right?
Correct, no hardware, just the louvres themselves with in-built clips which clip into pre-formed slots in the vent cut-outs. You undo the clips by gently levering them open with a small flat blade screwdriver.
The louvres are not difficult to remove then replace after lining the top edges of the cut-outs with double sided tape, but I have two tips:
1. Cover your engine bay with a blanket/towels/tarp/whatever, as you have to remove the under-hood lining (easy enough, about a dozen simple clips and four scrivets) and when you remove the lining it will drop a load of crud, dust and dirt all over the place.
2. When removing the louvres hang onto them before you undo the last couple of clips otherwise they will go sliding down your hood when the last clip or two let go all by themselves.

The following users liked this post:
webshark (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 06:18 AM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

My recollection was that the Mina ones needed clamps maybe stock just snap in. I sent mine in black to Dean last night....

The following users liked this post:
webshark (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Correct, no hardware, just the louvres themselves with in-built clips which clip into pre-formed slots in the vent cut-outs. You undo the clips by gently levering them open with a small flat blade screwdriver.
The louvres are not difficult to remove then replace after lining the top edges of the cut-outs with double sided tape, but I have two tips:
1. Cover your engine bay with a blanket/towels/tarp/whatever, as you have to remove the under-hood lining (easy enough, about a dozen simple clips and four scrivets) and when you remove the lining it will drop a load of crud, dust and dirt all over the place.
2. When removing the louvres hang onto them before you undo the last couple of clips otherwise they will go sliding down your hood when the last clip or two let go all by themselves.
Thanks for the tips! So the underlining needs to come off even when putting them back on? or just taking off? Cool thanks again!

Old 11-30-2016, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tips! So the underlining needs to come off even when putting them back on? or just taking off? Cool thanks again!
The underlining only needs to come off when taking the louvres off, when putting them on you simply press/clip them in from above.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by MarkN
My recollection was that the Mina ones needed clamps maybe stock just snap in. I sent mine in black to Dean last night....

Your a life safer man thank you so much, I truly appreciate it a lot!!

Old 12-02-2016, 02:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

I'm going to 3M tape mine in now. Dean..lol, I swear if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all..lol Great save Mark!

Last edited by Bigg Will; 12-02-2016 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts

Correct - the OEM versions are clipped on. I've had the Mina CF versions on for years, held on by double-sided 3M tape, gone over 160 mph on too many occasions, and never had an issue.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
I'm going to 3M tape mine in now. Dean..lol, I swear if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all..lol Great save Mark!
Taped mine down
Securing those hood vents - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Took about an hour.