XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

How I Came to Own my 09 XF SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts
Default How I Came to Own my 09 XF SC

Hi Folks,

I purchased an Infiniti G37S coupe on a popular auction site from a Jaguar dealership located about a 6 hour drive away. Being a car guy I had to go up and inspect the vehicle myself before I would even think of taking possession of it. My inspection revealed the vehicle had been hit at the rear and shoddily repaired! It had a clean CarFax but there was no way I was taking that vehicle. The dealership appeared shocked to learn of the damage and repair (next day they lowered the internet price by $2k). I decided to look around at their pre-owned inventory while I was there and a white XF SC caught my eye, it looked very sharp and like new inside and out (I normally don't like white cars). I asked the sales guy the story and he went on with the usual : good customers vehicle, bought here etc. I learned the car had 65k miles on it and immediately walked away.

I checked out some bimmers, mercs and other jags but kept looking back at that XF! The salesman went in to get keys for another car I wanted to drive and suddenly came running back out and said that the previous owner of the XF was in the showroom buying a Range Rover for his wife!

I went in to speak with him, what a nice fellow and a car guy to boot, we talked for quite a while, he traded the 09 XF SC for a 12 XFR. I had noted what looked to be new brakes on the car and he confirmed he had just installed new EBC Ultimax rotors and Red Stuff pads, new tires all the way around and new tail lights the week before he traded it in which itself was less than 2 weeks ago. He asked the dealership to pull all service records so I could review them, sure enough the records showed the brake, tire and tail light installations less than 500 miles ago! The car had Cilajet paint protection applied when it was new, the fuel filler door issue was addressed, shifter modification done, various cosmetic issues addressed, shifter assembly replaced, TPMS module replaced and all routine service completed. The dealership had also just done an oil and filter change.

He explained that the mileage was all highway miles, his commute was 100 miles round trip. I asked how the interior could still look like new, why the leather care tag was still hanging on the passenger seat and why did it look like no one had ever sat in the back seat. He stated this was his commuting car, he has 4 other vehicles and that he was trading in his wifes 3 year old Range Rover for the brand new one in the showroom. I went out and looked at the trade in Range Rover, it was mint! Turns out they have no children and lots of money!

I had never considered a Jag but really liked the looks of this XF and loved the interior, it was awesome to drive as well. I have owned several bimmers in the past, e36 4 door manual M3, e39 540i, e34 525i etc and this XF was a much better car. So based on meeting the previous owner and being satisfied the miles were all highway and the fact his wife said he is a car nut I negotiated what I think is a very good deal and bought the Porcelain 09 XF Supercharged with Ivory/Oyster Softgrain interior for $28k.

As stated in another post I have ordered the Vossen VVS083 20" wheels for it and have personally detailed it. The car presented with all the small chips and such a 65K highway miles car should show. I touched up the chips with Jaguar touch up and did the Mothers 3 step process on it over the span of 2 days. 1)paint cleaner and clay bar 2) sealer/glaze 3) wax, I used the Mothers Power Ball on my drill to apply the products (works great), the paint came out looking as new, any and all contaminants were cleaned off and I can't believe how reflective white can be!

I can't wait to get the wheels installed and perhaps the rear door windows along with the rear window tinted. My commute is only 5 miles so I won't be putting a lot of miles on it, hopefully it will be a great car for me. The original window sticker prices the car at $64,475 with the Rich Oak Veneer and Heated Steering Wheel as N/C options so it would appear to be fully loaded.

Thanks for reading my story!

Joe

Old 12-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new ride!

I will be joining the XF pack myself in the next few months and pretty excited about it.

By the way, when do we get to see some pictures of your XF?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 09XFSUPER
... Turns out they have no children and lots of money!
These two facts are related to each other!!!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Executive
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new ride!

I will be joining the XF pack myself in the next few months and pretty excited about it.

By the way, when do we get to see some pictures of your XF?

Will post pics once the wheels are installed.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:09 PM
XJL
Received 142 Likes on 109 Posts

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 PM

Here is a pic I just took.......

Attached Thumbnails How I Came to Own my 09 XF SC-img_00000009.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks nice.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Nice story , I wish you happy new year and safe driving

Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 AM

Thanks guys, pleasure to share.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story. I had a similar experience. I was considering the BMW 535xi and Audi A6. Everyone kept telling me I needed to get the BMW, but nothing felt (or looked) quite like the Jaguar. I just bought an 09 XF Supercharged this weekend (Ebony w/ black interior) that had 53K miles on it. I actually negotiated it down to $28K and felt the same about my deal. I didn't see this car listed anywhere in the country for such a good price. Good luck to you and enjoy your ride. I'm definitely going to enjoy mine!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Abolitionist
Great story. I had a similar experience. I was considering the BMW 535xi and Audi A6. Everyone kept telling me I needed to get the BMW, but nothing felt (or looked) quite like the Jaguar. I just bought an 09 XF Supercharged this weekend (Ebony w/ black interior) that had 53K miles on it. I actually negotiated it down to $28K and felt the same about my deal. I didn't see this car listed anywhere in the country for such a good price. Good luck to you and enjoy your ride. I'm definitely going to enjoy mine!
Thanks and congrats on the new ride! I think we both got greats deals on great cars, I sure do enjoy mine.