XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

How To: Install Mina Gallery 5.0L Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Arrow How To: Install Mina Gallery 5.0L Exhaust

Like I have said before , I am not good with wording and How To's.
But here it goes, and I hope it helps many of you over time.

Please see the sttached Pix for reference.
First I ripped open the box as I wa excited and ready when it arrived. I noticed all was packed very well and the Exhaust looked perfect.

To remove the stock bulky exhaust I made sure I had some PB Blaster, same as WD-40. I use the spray on the 2 clamp bolts and the rubber hangers to make it all come off with no effort. The stock exhaust is held on by 2 rubber hangers on each and 1 T-Bolt on each, very easy to remove. I forgot to mention I jacked the car up o nthe center of the rear diff to give me even room on both side to work, this is not needed but it helps when your a tad chubby like me.

The Mina exhaust comes with 2 new T-Bolt style clamps that go on just like the stock exhaust did. Push on the 2 rubber hangers and then adjust the mufflers in or out approx 1 inch to get the look you want. I preferred to keep mine sticking out about 1/2 inch as it lines up perfect with the rear diffusser/ valance.

After you line it up you can tighten the 2 bolts and fire it up and fire it up to check for leaks. The first day of driving you will smell the packing inside the mufflers burning in like all exhaust do, this goes away quickly.

Here are all the pix for reference and my next post below will be all the YouTube links to compare. The Mic does not do it justice as this sounds very deep and tuned. This is not loud like th Quick silver, Arden, RSC, etc.
This is just right as it is right in the middle for sound level.

Stock Muffler

The following 10 users liked this post by BigCat09:
edobernig (06-01-2012), GoodaleXFR (06-16-2014), grounded4now (08-16-2012), JagVonder (01-26-2014), mclaughing (09-19-2014), Need4Spd (06-01-2012), Panthro (08-30-2015), Reaxions (06-28-2012), webdev (06-06-2012), Wife's Tech (05-31-2012) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member

There is lots of other video's of sound clips of the exhaust on my YouTube Channel. Username: USASUPRA23

Stock Muffler
Stock Jaguar XFR Exhaust - YouTube

Mina Exhaust

Jaguar XFR Mina Exhaust Sound Clip 4 - YouTube

No Mufflers,

Jaguar XFR start up and rev with no mufflers - YouTube

The following 2 users liked this post by BigCat09:
Bigg Will (09-18-2015), Jadenmiles1 (07-16-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Sounds great, very similar to mine.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member

If this thread was useful, please press the THANKS button for me.

The following 5 users liked this post by BigCat09:
ajmarton (12-18-2012), darlo (06-01-2012), Jadenmiles1 (07-16-2012), JagVonder (01-26-2014), XFactoR (06-13-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

This may or may not be a stupid concern to have, but the Mina tail pipes are much bigger than stock - is there a risk of damage to the fender from the hot tail pipes, given the much reduced clearance?

How do leaks make themselves apparent? And how would one fix a leak, should there be one?

Thanks for the write up and vids/pics etc.

Last edited by darlo; 06-01-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member

Mina has pointed outif installed correctly, which only means to center the pipes before you tighten the clamp then there will not be any issue the melting the rear valance. I had this concern and made frequent checks after hard driving and no excess heat was found around the rear bumper area near the tips.

If there is a leak you would hear it right away and know what it is when you heard it, also you will notice black soot around the clamp area as the carbon build up gives the leak away visisbly. If there was a leak just snug the clamp bolt a tad more, I only mentioned this for the hell of it as after seeing how well this was made and how it fits I do not see any way this could leak anyway, it was just a "IF" only remark.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the pics and installation instructions. Is there any drone or resonance? I noticed some with my Quicksilvers at around 2k RPM under moderate load; otherwise they sound great. Since putting miles on the car, I've either gotten used to it or the drone has gone mostly away.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

I have found no Resonance or drone with these, just a very deep tone.

Also , I did a follow up and all the Mina Exhaust are made inside the USA 100%
They also come with a NON- Transferable lifetime warranty

Old 06-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I have found no Resonance or drone with these, just a very deep tone.

Also , I did a follow up and all the Mina Exhaust are made inside the USA 100%
They also come with a NON- Transferable lifetime warranty

I'm thinking Borla is making them, a couple of my car enthusiast friends say the sound is very much like Borla systems they have heard. I had a Borla catback on a V8 Grand Cherokee one time and it sounded very similar. The construction quality appears very good to.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
Mina has pointed outif installed correctly, which only means to center the pipes before you tighten the clamp then there will not be any issue the melting the rear valance. I had this concern and made frequent checks after hard driving and no excess heat was found around the rear bumper area near the tips.

If there is a leak you would hear it right away and know what it is when you heard it, also you will notice black soot around the clamp area as the carbon build up gives the leak away visisbly. If there was a leak just snug the clamp bolt a tad more, I only mentioned this for the hell of it as after seeing how well this was made and how it fits I do not see any way this could leak anyway, it was just a "IF" only remark.
I have a tiny bit of black soot close to the left clamp. It might even be dirt. Do you think it's a leak? It sounds fine

Old 06-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Did you see this?

I was looking at posting and saw this exhaust mod.
It appears to be a by-pass system. Could be the next step for you drag racers. The nice job on the "how to."

Old 06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quick note... the '09 4.2 S/C stock clamps are 15mm and the Mina clamps are 11mm. Also, it's easiest if you put the rubber hangers on the exhaust system first... put pipe together and hang the first one back from the connection first. I realize everyone has a different approach but this worked best for me... no jacking required...

Old 06-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

That pic above is from Jeffs car, he is on here also. He is the one who posted about Buckhead performance in Atlanta in the pulley thread. Very nice guy, I chat with him all the time.
If you are thinking about doing the ther exhaust cut out valves please speak wit hhim first so you know what to expect.

If I woulddo it again I would always use these on all of my cars : XForce. Performance Mufflers, Exhaust Systems & Accessories. About the Varex™ remote controlled Sports muffler.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my new mina gallery exhaust installed on my 5.0l 2011 XF last week. The sound at low rpm's (1k-2k) is a little loud for my liking. Sounds a little bit like I'm driving a mustang or a fullsize truck. It does seem like midrange performance and sound are better than stock though.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal
Had my new mina gallery exhaust installed on my 5.0l 2011 XF last week. The sound at low rpm's (1k-2k) is a little loud for my liking. Sounds a little bit like I'm driving a mustang or a fullsize truck. It does seem like midrange performance and sound are better than stock though.
Interesting. I had assumed that at low end it wouldn't be much different. What % louder would you say it is at the low end?

Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 AM

Not to answer for Steve but if I were to put a number on mine it would be probably 30% louder at low RPM's but that loud is the sound of a V8 whereas some may have been looking for a more "refined Euro" sound. For me, this is the best of both worlds... the growl of an "American V8" with the refinements of a British (Euro) car. I've had performance exhausts on previous "muscle type" cars before purchasing my XF and was not going to be satisfied until I had my Jag sounding the same.... I just knew that V8 wanted to be heard!!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwood
Interesting. I had assumed that at low end it wouldn't be much different. What % louder would you say it is at the low end?
Hard to estimate what it sounds like from outside but from the driver's seat the sound level is substantially higher at low rpms. I find it borderline annoying at times but it just depends on the rpm level. As WT points out this is somewhat to be expected with any 5 liter V8 and a standard aftermarket muffler.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine has arrived, need to get some time to fit it. Going to attempt without lifting the car. How long per side? It looks pretty easy in principle, but I am quite worried about having to "modify" that piece of bodywork that is behind the rear bumper, as referred to on the other thread.

Mine arrived with no paperwork whatsoever, but I assume it is just a case of hanging it, adjusting it then tightening the clamp? Is there a recommended torque for that clamp, or is it just OK to tighten it as much as my outstretched arm can manage?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 AM

Mine installed in under an hour without lifting the car... depending on what "handed" you are will be the only thing that determines which side is more difficult... Just remember to lube the rubber hangers taking the old off as well as hanging the new. I have the 2009 S/C version and didn't have to modify anything... my wife even interrupted me because she thought I was still doing things for her... started to "look" under my car and before you know it, the tool box was out... lol

Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

The pipes press up against that sheet metal tab when installed but doesn't prevent the tips from sitting correctly in the opening. If you didn't shake the exhaust and specifically look for obstructions you probably wouldn't notice it. Get under the car and look at it. The exhaust is going to shift and vibrate and it will start making noise when it's metal on metal. You can see the tab I'm talking about in the pictures of the white car on the lift up above. There is one tab on each side that comes near the inner pipe near the opening. The Mina pipes are larger than the stock exhaust so it touches the tab on each side. It's not a huge deal to bend the tabs up a bit, it's very thin metal.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 06-14-2012 at 07:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Wife's Tech (06-14-2012)

Quick Reply: How To: Install Mina Gallery 5.0L Exhaust