XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

How to remove central console

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

From my recollection of XF's, that piece only goes in one way and is clipped in. I pulled them out by hand by opening the cupholder (or whatever is there now) lid and using my fingernails, pulled up on it. It will kind of pop out. The only thing I can think may have happened is a clip is not engaged properly. removed the piece and make sure the clips are straight on. We replaced a number of Audio control modules (also known as the radio) on early 2010 cars so that piece along with much of the console had to be removed.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

listen, take a picture of your cars interior and let me see it and I'll tell you if it's right. It only goes in one way as stated already. I don't really see how somebody could f$%k it up putting it in.

Originally Posted by mxc132
Hi All,

I am new to the forum so let me give you a short intro: I am a very proud owner of a 2011 XF Sport. I am happy with the car and I love the exotic association that comes and the “surprised” look people give at it although I have to agree with those who say that the interior quality could use some help.

Anyway, since day one I had problems with squeaks and rattles and I had to leave the car at the dealership for a total of 10 days. I have to say that the dealer folks have been extraordinary at customer care but the car was just not willing to get quiet. Finally they fixed all my problems but my guess is that while putting back the central console they did not align perfectly all the plastic parts.

Because the dealership is not exactly close by I want to try to remove the central console to find out if I can adjust it before driving the car to the dealership one more time.

Can any of you please help? The picture shows the exact part I am talking about (it is a 2012 model but the part is the same as my 2011). I would like to remove the dark bar highlighted to find out if there is any room for alignment.

Many thanks in advance for any help.