XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

How to tell what map version I have

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Received 153 Likes on 98 Posts

I don't know about XJs but reading the bulletin it would appear that they are the same in terms of reading the map version.

As for my own situation, I asked to speak with a supervisor today after getting nowhere with the original customer support person. This time the response was much better (like actually checking into the problem before providing the stock "No" answer). I'm due a response back tomorrow and we'll see what transpires.

Now back to your 2010 map. if you're reading it correctly, I'd enquire with the dealer first and see how you get on. If that doesn't work, you could try Jaguar USA but try and speak to a supervisor or you'll be on a 3 week merrygoround trying to get an answer that's acceptable.

Good luck

The following users liked this post:
tommyd (02-26-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM

Things worked out OK in the end. After speaking with the supervisor at Jaguar USA, he authorized me to purchase a 2013 map update from Navteq and told me Jaguar would reinburse me for the cost. Map ordered, installed successfully, and check from Jaguar deposited. All it took was weeks of phone calls, a dealer who couldn't care less and a very sour tasting first encounter with Jaguar USA.

On the plus side, I did find this forum, got some very helpfull information and look forward to a great resource for help with technical issues in the future.

So if you have a 2012 car and your navgation system thinks you live in an unpopulated wasteland, have a word with your dealer and see if they can help you out.

Thanks again.

Last edited by TXFireblade; 03-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.
tommyd (03-20-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, How do I get out of the menu? It seems frozen. Arrgh.

Originally Posted by TXFireblade
After much hunting (dealer was useless!) I got a response from Jaguar USA.

Apparently there is a an Aftersales Marketing Bulletin AM13-02 USA covering the maps in 2010 through 2012 XJ and 2012 XF. As best I can tell, the cars don't always have the latest maps. This is an excerpt from the bulletin:

should I do with my old 2012 version of the Map Update USB Drive?

• Please dispose of any USB drive that has the following information on printed on its label:

JAGUAR GEN2.1 HDD NORTH AMERICA 2012 AW9310E898AA T1000-19100

IMPORTANT: Activation codes generated by the Online Dealer Order Center and through NAVTEQ Maps customer service will only work with the North America 2013 version of the USB Drives.

Which Jaguar vehicles can I update with the current 2013 version of the Map Update USB drive?

• XJ: 2010-2012MY

• XF: 2012MY

How do I check the map version of my customer’s Gen2.1 Navigation System?

• First, select, ‘Navigation’, from the ‘Home Menu’ screen.

• Next, choose ‘Nav Menu’ followed by ‘Destination Entry’.

• Then, press and hold the colon at the end of ‘Destination Entry:’ that is displayed in the header bar.

• Once the Diagnostic Screen is displayed; Select ‘Parts Information’.

• Finally, locate the map version number shown at the bottom in the ‘V XX.XX.XX’ format. The middle two digits signify the map version year.

• If the customer's vehicle does not have a ‘12’ in the middle two digits, they are an eligible candidate for a map update.

So now you know how to check the version of the map in a 2012 XF (and a few other things) and you might be eligible for a free map upgrade. Mine goes in next Monday.

uh2 (03-07-2015)
Old 04-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you figure it out? I am having the same issue.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 973 Likes on 644 Posts

For what it's worth.....

There is no way to readout which map version is currently installed in the 2011 XJ. The version check applies to the Gen 2.1 hardware only.

Cheers,

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It reverted back to normal the next morning. I suspect turning power off and waiting a set time will make it revert to normal.

Originally Posted by ggogins
Did you figure it out? I am having the same issue.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I realize that this is an older thread, but have a question / comment about it.

I checked my version as per the instructions and realized that my version was an old one. Took the car in this week for service, showed them the info on the update and was told that nothing could be done unless I was having trouble with the NAV. Has anyone else experienced this? This was my first dealings with this dealer, and given some other things that happened, I'm not too impressed with them. Sure hate to make the hr trip to the next closest dealer, but might have to consider it for future service.

Originally Posted by TXFireblade
After much hunting (dealer was useless!) I got a response from Jaguar USA.

Apparently there is a an Aftersales Marketing Bulletin AM13-02 USA covering the maps in 2010 through 2012 XJ and 2012 XF. As best I can tell, the cars don't always have the latest maps. This is an excerpt from the bulletin:

should I do with my old 2012 version of the Map Update USB Drive?

• Please dispose of any USB drive that has the following information on printed on its label:

JAGUAR GEN2.1 HDD NORTH AMERICA 2012 AW9310E898AA T1000-19100

IMPORTANT: Activation codes generated by the Online Dealer Order Center and through NAVTEQ Maps customer service will only work with the North America 2013 version of the USB Drives.

Which Jaguar vehicles can I update with the current 2013 version of the Map Update USB drive?

• XJ: 2010-2012MY

• XF: 2012MY

How do I check the map version of my customer’s Gen2.1 Navigation System?

• First, select, ‘Navigation’, from the ‘Home Menu’ screen.

• Next, choose ‘Nav Menu’ followed by ‘Destination Entry’.

• Then, press and hold the colon at the end of ‘Destination Entry:’ that is displayed in the header bar.

• Once the Diagnostic Screen is displayed; Select ‘Parts Information’.

• Finally, locate the map version number shown at the bottom in the ‘V XX.XX.XX’ format. The middle two digits signify the map version year.

• If the customer's vehicle does not have a ‘12’ in the middle two digits, they are an eligible candidate for a map update.

So now you know how to check the version of the map in a 2012 XF (and a few other things) and you might be eligible for a free map upgrade. Mine goes in next Monday.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Tentative thanks for instructions for locating the map version. I'm out of town until the end of next week but will check it out then.

I had my 2012 (delivered June '12) map updated in June 2013, and again in Oct 2014. $400 each time including labor; but would like to know the date of the map that got installed.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dick
Tentative thanks for instructions for locating the map version. I'm out of town until the end of next week but will check it out then.

I had my 2012 (delivered June '12) map updated in June 2013, and again in Oct 2014. $400 each time including labor; but would like to know the date of the map that got installed.

You can save a few dollars and not have your car sitting idling all day at the dealers by doing it yourself. Just buy the map from Navteq and follow the instructions. The system automatically updates each time you drive and then stops when you switch off the ignition. It then starts up from that point the next time you drive so you don't have to leave the car switched on or running for the whole time.

karamayoko (10-19-2022)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks - somebody pointed this out to me once before, and I'll consider it on the next update.