XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

I added a new Rotary Shifter to my XFR

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Did you get the Jag Growler or the Mina style? Is it a raised profile, metal or is it a decal?
I got the growler. It is slightly raised, but it's fitted into the rotary with adhesive. Which is cool because it gives you the option to change it out in the future if another style becomes available.

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheLegend
I got the growler. It is slightly raised, but it's fitted into the rotary with adhesive. Which is cool because it gives you the option to change it out in the future if another style becomes available.
I recieved the growler as well. It came yesterday.. Looks well made but it does remind me of Mina's free give away key chain.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Redjag and Legend- Is the topper painted metal or plastic?

Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default growler

Very nice option,Britishautowood, where did you find the growler head?
Thank you

Last edited by baiao; 11-22-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Redjag and Legend- Is the topper painted metal or plastic?

I would say so...But like Redjag said, the topper that's fitted on there does look like something you would see on a key chain. And that's probably where it originate from. But it's fitted on there and it looks nice, very nice touch.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Knocking my key ring topper?

Originally Posted by TheLegend
I would say so...But like Redjag said, the topper that's fitted on there does look like something you would see on a key chain. And that's probably where it originate from. But it's fitted on there and it looks nice, very nice touch.
It could have been the motivation for the product. lol I live in the land of Harley-Davidson and I would say that a vast majority of there catalog of custom parts originated in some guys garage, bike shows and machine shops around town as "side jobs" and not out of some CEO's head. No insult to CEO's intended.

Actually I would like to see some pictures of the new Mina product posted. I installed their mesh grill on my 04' XJ and I'm sure the quality is up there based on that and the quality of their free key chain. Keep on using your imagination, ideas' come out of your head not iPads and laptop's that's what makes these cars fun.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by baiao
Very nice option,Britishautowood, where did you find the growler head?
Thank you
It's a lapel pin with the pin part removed;
Jaguar Chrome Badge,Emblem,Lapel Pin XKE,Mk2,XJ6,XJS,XJ8,XK8,XK Growler Broach | eBay

Old 11-23-2012, 06:47 PM

Actually I would like to see some pictures of the new Mina product posted. I installed their mesh grill on my 04' XJ and I'm sure the quality is up there based on that and the quality of their free key chain.

If you look earlier in this thread, I posted pictures of the knob selector that Chris sent me from Mina. It is a very nice touch made of metal and laminate which covers the emblem.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice interior mod

Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Default Added the Britishwood topper for shifter.

Originally Posted by BigCat09
A member here spotted a new Rotarty Shifter for our cars in the 2012 accessories catalog and I felt it to be a must have. It was a super fast swap and adds a great feel and look. My local dealer robbed me blind for it $159 but I hear Mina Gallery has the same one to offer us and you can get an optional Mina logo or R logo for a topper. I also think it may be a tad cheaper from Mina and it is indeed the same part # and all, just with that Mina special touch to it. Here is a few pix I took so you can see how simple it was and how nice it looks.

Had a break in the winter weather in Wisconsin and had the opportunity to install the Growler inlaid shifter topper I had our buddy Britishautowood make me. Since I have Piano Black interior, he did mine to match and he can match other wood interiors. I did not do a step by step "How To" since it appears above in BigCat09's post. I can tell you it's tough to pry off the old topper. I tried a razor knife and then a micro screwdriver then had to pound on it a little to get it to come off. I did kind of mare the edge of the knob, but there was no elegant way to remove it. The new topper is inlaid and I used a little 3M weather strip adhesive to hold it in. It cost about $32.00 including shipping.

I like it and would recommend Britishautowood-a local Florida guy.

Attached Thumbnails I added a new Rotary Shifter to my XFR-edobernig-107535-albums-pedals-valve-stem-caps-4349-picture-britishwood-shifter-knob-growler-ins.jpg  
Attached Images     

Last edited by edobernig; 01-11-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Redjaguar100 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Default The finished product is below

Originally Posted by britishautowood
Hello,
Yes I can still make them up. Drop me an email chaplin696@aol.com or via my facebook page British Autowood - Altamonte Springs, FL - Automobiles and Parts | Facebook
Highly recommended. by Ed

Attached Thumbnails I added a new Rotary Shifter to my XFR-edobernig-107535-albums-pedals-valve-stem-caps-4349-picture-britishwood-shifter-knob-growler-ins.jpg  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by edobernig
Had a break in the winter weather in Wisconsin and had the opportunity to install the Growler inlaid shifter topper I had our buddy Britishautowood make me. Since I have Piano Black interior, he did mine to match and he can match other wood interiors. I did not do a step by step "How To" since it appears above in BigCat09's post. I can tell you it's tough to pry off the old topper. I tried a razor knife and then a micro screwdriver then had to pound on it a little to get it to come off. I did kind of mare the edge of the knob, but there was no elegant way to remove it. The new topper is inlaid and I used a little 3M weather strip adhesive to hold it in. It cost about $32.00 including shipping.

I like it and would recommend Britishautowood-a local Florida guy.

This is really nice, I might have considered this but I am happy with what I got. Maybe next time, I'll add this to my list. And your right about getting that topper off. There's no easy way and you will mare it alittle.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here is My Rotary Growler

This one is simply stuck on top of my existing gear selector. No need to damage any existing parts and if I want to remove it I can simply lift it off.

Mr Sharky (01-13-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

So matt_eboy,

Where did you get your knob at? I like the looks of that and it appears more elegant than the stock OEM one. I really like it.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM

I've PM'd you Mr Sharky

Old 01-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by matt_eboy
I've PM'd you Mr Sharky
Not sure what happened or if my account is restricted for being a newb on this forum. But I did not get a PM from you.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 363 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
You would have to call Mina and ask Chris if they have the shifter ready yet. They do not always have it up on the site quickly so give a quick call.
Did that today, Chris said more will be available next week.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 363 Likes on 273 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by matt_eboy

This one is simply stuck on top of my existing gear selector. No need to damage any existing parts and if I want to remove it I can simply lift it off.
Sexy!

Old 01-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

I added a new Rotary Shifter to my XFR-image.jpg
Just ordered the new shifter and plan to use my growler top.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:03 PM

matt_eboy,

Love the growler! Where did you get it? And what did you use to fix it with?

Quick Reply: I added a new Rotary Shifter to my XFR