XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

I can't see!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I can't see!

I have a Jaguar xf it's beautiful but...How the hell does one get the windshield clear?

I hate the windshield. This is our 2nd Jaguar, our first was a 2006 S Type. Loved every inch of the vehicle except the windshield. This our 2nd one, the XF has a horrible windshield, too. After having to adjust your vision through the tiny hairline heating elements streaming through it, the lines just become annoying more than anything, but there is a residual film that I cannot remove.

When new cars hit the dealerships, a thin clear plastic sort of Cling wrap is applied to the windshield. Just like the clear plastic that covers a cell phones glass, when peeled it should be crystal clean. Not my windshield! At night while it's raining, whatever residue this is, it makes the window near to impossible to clearly see. I drove home tonight leaning to the middle where it was most clear.

It's definitely not on the inside, most assuredly it's outside. It's not a "Get Rainex" issue, there is something that just won't come off, I've tried it all. The wipers swipe clean but it's like brushing suede. Valerie G.

Attached Thumbnails I can't see!-new-car-015.jpg  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:47 AM
Received 4,461 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Welcome to the forum Valerie. I've moved your post from the Forum Advice/Feedback section, to the XF section here. The Forum Advice/Feedback section is about the forum itself, not our cars.

As you have an XF, this is the right area for you to be posting in.

Please also stop by our New Members area & introduce yourself.

New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 11-27-2013, 03:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,548 Likes on 3,957 Posts

Posted a reply in your other post of same questions. Please - asking in ONE place is enough!