XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

I have a problem with my Jag, Many faults comin up

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I have a problem with my Jag, Many faults comin up

Hi everyone, I got a issue with my Jaguar xf 2011 3.0 Diesel, There are many faults popping up when reader is connected no mechanic is giving me a right solution if any one can please please have a look and help me.
Engine control - 7BA / Diesel EDC 17CP11
Error Message : Malfunction. Historical fault.
Status :P00BF - Air flow meter (bank 2) / Air mass meter (Bank 2).
Error Message : Mechanical fault. Historical fault.
Status :P00BD - Air flow meter (bank 1) / Air mass meter (Bank 1).
Error Message : Mechanical fault. Historical fault. Status :P2269 - Water in fuel indicator.
Error sporadic. Status :P2459 - Diesel particulate filter: Frequency of the function <Particulate filter regeneration>.
Error Message : Too few signal changes
Error sporadic. Status :P2452 - Particulate filter: Exhaust gas differen. pressure sensor 1.
Error Message : Installation error.
Error sporadic. Status :P2192 - Lambda control: Control adaptation of upper load range (bank 1).
Error Message : Malfunction.
Error sporadic. Status :P22D2 - Turbocharger solenoid valve Turbine inlet.
Error Message : Specified position not reached.
Error sporadic. Status :P22CF - Turbocharger solenoid valve Turbine inlet.
Error Message : Component sticking. Error sporadic

Thanks,
Sekhar
UK

Old 12-01-2023, 03:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sekhar,

What prompted you to put a code reader on the vehicle - was it a specific engine fault and the instrument pack MIL illuminated or just curiosity? There's no need to deliberately go looking for trouble with a Jaguar - in time trouble will find you.

Whenever I put SDD (Sympton Driven Diagnostics) on a Jaguar, it's unusual NOT to find several historic codes recorded. Yours is not an especially long list. The vast majority will have been caused by temporary out-of-range signals to sensors and aren't a problem. A frequent cause of this is a partially discharged or failing battery. I presume you haven't used Jaguar SDD or the date and time or mileage of each code would be shown depending on the how the diagnostic session report is configured.

Now you have the list of codes, you could clear them, run at least two drive cycles and see if any are recorded again. My approach is not use diagnostics on a vehicle unless there's a fault and then not to clear codes unless the MIL is illuminated as this is often the only way to turn it off.

I see you began this question in the UK Region forum before being redirected to the Model forum by one of our members. Please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started.

Graham

Old 12-01-2023, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,362 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Follow Graham's advice. We want current fresh codes only!

Also note the US got no Diesels and this forum is mainly US people. So we have zero experience with your engine.
I recommend to post on the UK Jaguar forum as most of the guys over there do have Diesels.
UK Jaguar Forum