XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

An idea??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 06:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default An idea??

Hello!

Does anyone know what these 2 connectors that are in the trunk at the battery level are for? :icon_rolleyes :

I found this out after buying the car... It's a 2012 XF V8

Old 03-24-2022, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,385 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Yes that small one is for transporting the car from the factory to the dealer only. It has no use after that and was SUPPOSE to be tucked away by the dealer while doing a proper PPI before delivering the car to the customer. The big plug I can't help with but your picture has something that is very worrisome?

Is that rust in the bottom of your trunk?

I would fix that right now. Remove everything from the trunk and you should be able to find where the big plug goes. Is there anything not working on your car?

Most people try to find the water leak into the trunk. Usually it's the gasket or it's coming in from around the tail lights. Also people have drilled holes in the bottom of the trunk so the water that does leak in flows thru onto the ground. There are some modules you will see when you remove everything from the trunk. Inspect any modules to see if they got water in them. You should see signs of corrosion somewhere if they did get wet.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Yes that small one is for transporting the car from the factory to the dealer only. It has no use after that and was SUPPOSE to be tucked away by the dealer while doing a proper PPI before delivering the car to the customer. The big plug I can't help with but your picture has something that is very worrisome?

Is that rust in the bottom of your trunk?

I would fix that right now. Remove everything from the trunk and you should be able to find where the big plug goes. Is there anything not working on your car?

Most people try to find the water leak into the trunk. Usually it's the gasket or it's coming in from around the tail lights. Also people have drilled holes in the bottom of the trunk so the water that does leak in flows thru onto the ground. There are some modules you will see when you remove everything from the trunk. Inspect any modules to see if they got water in them. You should see signs of corrosion somewhere if they did get wet.
Thank you for your answer!

For the rust, nothing serious... and cool for the small socket !
When I brought the car home from Le Havre (in France), the battery exploded and spilled the acid in the trunk...
I cleaned but I need to put some protection and paint...

For the big socket, I have a problem with the keyless...

The remotes are not recognised, I have to open with the physical key and put the remote in the hole under the steering wheel. And I also have the warning, the alarm which do not work as well as the mirrors which no longer fold when I close the car...
I don't know if it's related

Old 03-24-2022, 02:13 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

The bigger plug is the sub wiring, I'm guessing you have the basic sound system with no sub??

The following users liked this post:
thistle4celtic1 (03-24-2022)