XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

If your dash is Bubbling, and your out of warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone is in the Los Angeles area, PM me. I can help and I have an extra dash now!

Old 09-27-2019, 12:52 PM
Default 2010 Jaguar XF Leather Dash Repair (09/2019)

I recently decided to do the dash removal / install myself. A local leather repair shop was able to stretch the old leather a bit and reglue but offered no guarantees on their work. The dash looks better now but the repaired area is still somewhat noticeable and also required me to modify the front vents a bit to cover the gaps.

Overall, I spent a few hundred dollars on this repair and several hours of labor a day for several days to get it removed. The install was much quicker (only about 3-4 hours of time) since I had a better idea on how things were removed.

If anyone is interested, I am attaching a Word document containing my personal notes on the dash removal to this post.

Attached Files
The following 3 users liked this post by Jerry Skama:
jagqueen (09-27-2019), Phil Aterley (09-01-2022), Reaxions (08-08-2023)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 354 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry Skama
I recently decided to do the dash removal / install myself. A local leather repair shop was able to stretch the old leather a bit and reglue but offered no guarantees on their work. The dash looks better now but the repaired area is still somewhat noticeable and also required me to modify the front vents a bit to cover the gaps.

Overall, I spent a few hundred dollars on this repair and several hours of labor a day for several days to get it removed. The install was much quicker (only about 3-4 hours of time) since I had a better idea on how things were removed.

If anyone is interested, I am attaching a Word document containing my personal notes on the dash removal to this post.
Great info!

Old 09-27-2019, 03:59 PM

I didn’t have it repaired at a dealership. Once I removed the dash, I took it to a local upholstery shop in the Chicago suburbs. They really didn’t want to take on the job at first so I would contact your local places first before doing at work.

The following users liked this post:
Gus (08-06-2021)
Old 11-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash leather repair person in so cal, please send me his information

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
If your dash is bubbling, and your out of warranty, their is another option other than the $$$$ and dash removal the dealer wants. One of my local HIGH LINE used car dealer friends gets all his XF dashes redone by a guy who removes the front glass. It takes 2 days for him to remove the glass, stretch glue and then clip/staple the dash leather so it can NEVER shrink and wrinkle again for hundreds instead of thousands.
So if your in So Cali and need more info PM me, if your out of so cal check with some of your local High line used car dealers, My contact says he has never sold an XF that 'didn't need a dash repair' (Its a common XF problem) so this method is probably out there already.
Please send me your guys information, I have a 2012 XF supercharged jag, and I want to get it repaired ASAP.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,369 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Unless they also added staples around the edges there is a good chance it will shrink and pull back again.
Really need to lock that leather down on the dash.

Also just go ahead a order a new center speaker plastic grill. They are all brittle and will break when you take them out.
Good thing the grill is not very expensive.

Old 11-02-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Unless they also added staples around the edges there is a good chance it will shrink and pull back again.
Really need to lock that leather down on the dash.

Also just go ahead a order a new center speaker plastic grill. They are all brittle and will break when you take them out.
Good thing the grill is not very expensive.
Will do, thx for the info! But can you send me the Southern California contact person or shop where are can get the dash repair done?

Old 11-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Default Center dash speaker grill

Is this the grill?

Old 11-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dashboard

Originally Posted by bigg will
if your dash is bubbling, and your out of warranty, their is another option other than the $$$$ and dash removal the dealer wants. One of my local high line used car dealer friends gets all his xf dashes redone by a guy who removes the front glass. It takes 2 days for him to remove the glass, stretch glue and then clip/staple the dash leather so it can never shrink and wrinkle again for hundreds instead of thousands.
So if your in so cali and need more info pm me, if your out of so cal check with some of your local high line used car dealers, my contact says he has never sold an xf that 'didn't need a dash repair' (its a common xf problem) so this method is probably out there already.

where in socal? Im in alpine

The following users liked this post:
gabejim76 (05-13-2020)
Old 11-03-2019, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

Yes that's the grill and sorry it's is expensive!
The shop has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 354 Likes on 268 Posts

Haven't seen people posting pics of their re-glued dashes. I did see on an AutoTrader ad an XF that clearly had its dash reglued, and it looked like ***.

Post up pics of your reglued dash so we can see if there are any good ones.

So far I am glad I had new OEM dashes installed in both my XFs.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:01 AM

If your dash is bubbling, and your out of warranty, their is another option other than the $$$$ and dash removal the dealer wants. One of my local HIGH LINE used car dealer friends gets all his XF dashes redone by a guy who removes the front glass. It takes 2 days for him to remove the glass, stretch glue and then clip/staple the dash leather so it can NEVER shrink and wrinkle again for hundreds instead of thousands.
So if your in So Cali and need more info PM me, if your out of so cal check with some of your local High line used car dealers, My contact says he has never sold an XF that 'didn't need a dash repair' (Its a common XF problem) so this method is probably out there already.
Hi Will

I would love to have the name and contact of the person that can do this work. Thank you.

Old 10-28-2020, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Just to let you know Bigg Will has moved on. He sold the Jaguar and was looking to get an AMG MB when he last posted.
A shame too as he was very active on the forum and a huge DIY guy.
I learned a lot from his many posts.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:52 AM
Default Leather dashboard help

Would like info on your friends dealership. Need a quote and fix. Appreciate it!

Old 08-06-2021, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

See my post above yours. Do some searches and you will find your answer.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:28 PM
Default Bubbling Dashboard

Hi,

not sure if your friend still does Jaguar dashboard repairs in SoCal but would like to get their contact for a repair so please hit me back.. thanks

Old 02-27-2023, 02:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default dash san antonio

anyone know where this can be done in San Antonio TX?
dealer wants like 6k+ and psshhaa hell no
my dash is good just wrinkled/bubbling and of course need to get the center grill