Installed Carbon Eye Lids and Front Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 01:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Carbon /wrap

Originally Posted by Mark239
Thanks! its wrapped in 3M carbon fiber wrap
Does the wrap match up for color & pattern to the real C/F it looks close in the photo .

And mr Sharky is yours real or wrap . BL

Old 03-15-2015, 05:26 AM
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by sherbercars

Real!

The following users liked this post:
sherbercars (03-15-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mr Sharky
Real!
You say you did it yourself , good job. I have done a lot of F/G , fabricating ,molds, bodywork & paint etc, But not C/F is it hard to do ? BL

Old 03-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts

Installed Carbon Eye Lids and Front Splitter-image.jpg

Have same ones. I think they work best on darker cars but I like on white as long as there are other carbon accents. I have the side vents too. Mark you should get them from Chris at mina. I wish he did the mirror covers for the early model.
The rear carbon valance he sells would look great on your car too. Waiting on mine, and the big XFRS carbon spoiler too!!

WRXtranceformed (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member

Side vent covers. I used 3m tape. Much easier.

WRXtranceformed (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does the wrap match up for color & pattern to the real C/F it looks close in the photo .

I couldnt really say that its a perfect match but i feel that its about as close as it can get.

sherbercars (03-17-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by philhef
Attachment 107993

Have same ones. I think they work best on darker cars but I like on white as long as there are other carbon accents. I have the side vents too. Mark you should get them from Chris at mina. I wish he did the mirror covers for the early model.
The rear carbon valance he sells would look great on your car too. Waiting on mine, and the big XFRS carbon spoiler too!!
Yes i called him about the side vents which i wanted really bad and he said he doesnt have any more! But good news for both you and i phil is that he also said that the carbon mirrors are about to be available for our cars within the next couple weeks. im slowly working on turning all chrome into carbon (as much real as possible, whatever not then wrapped). Once all the little details are in carbon itll look much better also with wheels and grille black. I just got my trunk spoiler the other day and i wrapped it in carbon fiber to see what it looks like and im kinda on the edge about it.

the chrome piece between the lights would have to be painted ofcourse.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,253 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Those chrome J shaped bits above the parts of the rear lights on the boot lid are not stock, they are after-market add-ons, and they should come off just like the chrome headlight surrounds did.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I built my splitter from raw CF panels that a friend had for building custom speaker boxes. I used a clear resin over the CF material to give it that finished semi gloss look.

sherbercars (03-21-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes i called him about the side vents which i wanted really bad and he said he doesnt have any more! But good news for both you and i phil is that he also said that the carbon mirrors are about to be available for our cars within the next couple weeks. im slowly working on turning all chrome into carbon (as much real as possible, whatever not then wrapped). Once all the little details are in carbon itll look much better also with wheels and grille black. I just got my trunk spoiler the other day and i wrapped it in carbon fiber to see what it looks like and im kinda on the edge about it.
Mark239 ...which year Jag you have .... I have an extra set from Chris at Mina... One out of the four pieces didn't fit perfect and needs trimming...so Chris set me a new set... I tried returning but to no avail....may fit yours ???
Gpalace

Mark239 (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Those chrome J shaped bits above the parts of the rear lights on the boot lid are not stock, they are after-market add-ons, and they should come off just like the chrome headlight surrounds did.
Yes those definitely have to come off too as soon as i have some time this week ill take a few minutes to get that off of there.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gpalace
Mark239 ...which year Jag you have .... I have an extra set from Chris at Mina... One out of the four pieces didn't fit perfect and needs trimming...so Chris set me a new set... I tried returning but to no avail....may fit yours ???
Gpalace
Mine is an 09 and if you have them and they fit my xf (i dont mind if they need slight alterations) i absolutely want them!

Old 03-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Mine is an 09 and if you have them and they fit my xf (i dont mind if they need slight alterations) i absolutely want them!
PM me address...just cover shipping and there yours.

Mark239 (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member

Check Ebay for the Vvvid gloss carbon. It's not that expensive and the closest match to real.
FYI if you try it, id get a small piece and play with it first. It's harder to use than 3M but looks great. It also has a thick protective film that you must pull back before you start wrapping corners. I pulled it back and cut off the edges of the clear film and left on the flat surface until done.
Prep the back of the pieces too. It's hard to stick if not perfectly prepped.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by philhef
Check Ebay for the Vvvid gloss carbon. It's not that expensive and the closest match to real.
FYI if you try it, id get a small piece and play with it first. It's harder to use than 3M but looks great. It also has a thick protective film that you must pull back before you start wrapping corners. I pulled it back and cut off the edges of the clear film and left on the flat surface until done.
Prep the back of the pieces too. It's hard to stick if not perfectly prepped.
Yea every brand seems to be different and work in a different way so i like to try them out in small pieces to see how they work. I appreciate all the good tips!

Old 03-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posto le mie palpebre in tinta con la carrozzeria.
Prese qui: Jaguar XF Eye Lid Light Covers

Attached Thumbnails Installed Carbon Eye Lids and Front Splitter-xf-fronte1.jpg  
Old 03-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by landipi
Posto le mie palpebre in tinta con la carrozzeria.
Prese qui: Jaguar XF Eye Lid Light Covers
I think that looks better with the eye lid the same color as the car. gives it a long sleek look, BL

Old 03-20-2015, 05:40 PM

I think that looks better with the eye lid the same color as the car. gives it a long sleek look, BL
I considered painting them to match car color but i just love the look of CF so i backed out of that

Old 03-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member

I considered painting them to match car color but i just love the look of CF so i backed out of that
Hey. its what you like that counts , I like it both ways. A person could always paint it with Plas-ti paint and peel it off ,just to try it/

Old 03-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

Here's the Vivvid gloss carbon beside the real carbon. VIVVID is darker when not in direct light but as close to real as you get with vinyl wrap. Far better match than 3m. But harder to work.

Quick Reply: Installed Carbon Eye Lids and Front Splitter