XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

iPhone 3G and 2009 XF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go into the connectivity options a bit deeper, and change the port to a lower one (me old man had the same problem with his XF and bluetooth) with WM phone

Old 03-28-2010, 06:27 PM

I have an iphone and it works with an aux cord. but it doesnt show anything on the screen. for some reason my jag xf didnt come with the ipod wire. but my phone does connect correctly with bluetooth and shows all the call logs and battery. i wonder if theres a way to play audio through the bluetooth to the radio

Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 PM

THe XF does not have audio streaming over bluetooth. The iPod cable works with the iPhone 3G but does not charge it. THe stereo does not remember where it stopped least time- begins with the alphabetical list of folders and plays the same songs. Navigation of folders is tedious.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

the windows mobil phones and blackberry phone are a bit buzzy on the xf bluetooth systems

the iphone seems to be more promising

Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 AM

I’ve seen lots of posts on various sites about this now and nothing conclusive. I'm potentially buying a 2009 XF and I know my iPhone 3GS doesn't charge and I know why having read lots about the voltages etc.

What I don't know or have is any sort of proof of, is that any one of the available chargers (lets use the Scorsche passport car charging adapter as it's sold by Apple and I hear about it a lot) will actually work. I've seen forums where people have said "it now works in my BMW!" or, "the charger will probably work in the XF", but i've not seen anyone say "I have a 2009 XF and an iPhone 3GS and I can confirm that the Scorsche car adapter fixes the problem".

I have a deposit down on an '09 model at the moment and as I need to make business calls and all my music is on there, it's important to me that I can get it to charge. So I don't want to buy the car and find that the charger in fact doesn't work. I called Jaguar and they said that the problem was fixed in the 2010 model, but couldn't say for sure whether the adapters worked for the '09 models. Shame I don't have an older iPhone3G I guess.....

If anyone has an '09 XF and an iPhone 3GS could you please let me know if the Scorsche (or any I suppose, but I wanted to buy the Scorsche) will charge it?

Many thanks

Old 05-09-2010, 02:30 AM

Thanks for the advice. I bought the car anyway, if it didnt work I would have bought another older iPod just to sit in the car.

...And I can now confirm that using a Schosce passport car charging adapter inside an 2009 XF Diesel S Portfolio works successfully!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WillHunt
Thanks for the advice. I bought the car anyway, if it didnt work I would have bought another older iPod just to sit in the car.

...And I can now confirm that using a Schosce passport car charging adapter inside an 2009 XF Diesel S Portfolio works successfully!
Will,

Thanks for the confirmation! Does it charge all the time or just when the charge falls below a certain percent like the other poster mentioned?

Any other issues so far?

Cheers!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:49 AM

Hi Jagraff

I don't want to say for sure so i'll do some testing and get back to you. What I can say is that when I plugged it in for the first time my iPhone was at 90% battery. Even though the 'This accessory is not compatible with the iPhone' message came up, I saw the charging symbol in the corner straight away.

I'll be doing a long run this weekend so i'll let you know. I'll also try plugging it in when the iPhone is below 20% to see if it charges as i've heard varied comments about the iPhone having to be above that for it to work at all.

No other issues so far, i've been very happy indeed with it. Using the iPhone in conjunction with the B&W stereo is sick, it really does sound so impressive

Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 AM

Great...thanks Will! I went ahead and ordered one anyway so looking forward to it.

You are right - B&W does sounds pretty sweet!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:16 AM

Hi Jagraff,

Well my long run was cancelled but managed to test it out anyway. I plugged it in when it was at 80% and it charged all the way to full, and i've also plugged it in at 9% and in the 15 mins it took me to get to work it went up to 24% so it does charge all the time regardless of percentage.

Hope this helps

Old 05-23-2010, 07:56 PM

Thanks Will! I received mine today and my findings were the same as yours. Now if only there was a way to make that incompatibility warning go away. :-)

Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mandingo
I just took delivery of a 2009 XF Supercharged and I am getting used to the car - so far so good.

One issue I have is my Windows Mobile phone doesn't stay docked with the car - it paired OK but after 1 minute it loses the connection.

I tried another WM phone but it had the same problem so I assume I am out of luck with WM.

I was considering an iPhone 3G anyway and if it works well with the car (bluetooth for the phone and iPod cable for the audio) then I will take the plunge.

While I am aware charging on the 3G changed from firewire to USB so the phone won't charge without a different adapter (I assume those are coming) - is anyone with an iPhone 3G having a successful experience with the XF?

Specific questions I have:-

1) Does bluetooth pair properly and stay connected?
2) Does the phone book transfer over properly?
3) Do the audio folders show up OK on the touchscreen?

Advice from people actually using the two together much appreciated!
I recently got an XF - over memorial day weekend. I have it paired with my iphone 3GS. I have had no problems so far. iphone ipod feature does not work, but I have an ipod connected permanently to the ipod connector and it works fine! I use the iphone over bluetooth and ipod via the ipod connector.

I don't believe both AUX/via ipod connector and bluetooth audio work simultaneously on the iphone.

Last edited by aluni2230; 06-11-2010 at 11:22 AM.